[1.7.10] Material Energy^4

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
With that zip file fix that was posted a while back they work like a charm.
except there is no way to automate the whole process :( Jared is still working on piping stuff in/out of his machines.
personally I use it only to get insane amounts of reward bags :)

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
except there is no way to automate the whole process :( Jared is still working on piping stuff in/out of his machines.
personally I use it only to get insane amounts of reward bags :)
So you can't automagically inert into the cutter or refiner? That's a pain. Have you looked at things like the vanilla hopper which seems to oddly bypass a lot of the "insert this here" stuff that mods use?

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
So you can't automagically inert into the cutter or refiner? That's a pain. Have you looked at things like the vanilla hopper which seems to oddly bypass a lot of the "insert this here" stuff that mods use?
yup.. tried hoppers, conduits and nodes... unfortunately nothing seem to work :(
it's still good enough (even manually) to get you insane amounts of stuff... I just insert a stack here and there from time to time and I already opened 100+ legendary reward bags.. and that's only because I'm lazy.
From 9x9 farm you can easily get a reward bag each 1-2min so maybe it is a good thing that you can't automate that.. it's OP even as it is now

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
yup.. tried hoppers, conduits and nodes... unfortunately nothing seem to work :(
it's still good enough (even manually) to get you insane amounts of stuff... I just insert a stack here and there from time to time and I already opened 100+ legendary reward bags.. and that's only because I'm lazy.
From 9x9 farm you can easily get a reward bag each 1-2min so maybe it is a good thing that you can't automate that.. it's OP even as it is now

If it's not Isided it can't hopper in as it won't know witch slot to put things in.

Auto activator might auto open the bags.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe letting the seeds go up to legendary is a little far, and the doubling of mature seeds, too, but I welcome it as a way of attaining resources for those of us who can't be bothered to risk the frequent mobbing of the mining worlds (seriously, the persistent pathing of the zombies mean they easily chase you across the entire spacial area if they catch a glance of you). I've got tin seeds up and running, along with seed ... seeds(?) and a few others, and am going to quite like being able to automate the process. I think that the next task is to get some enderium ones to make me a turbine!

Qcor

Jul 29, 2019
I thought that minechem was updated and should now allow decomposing liquids directly from internal tank.. right? or am I going crazy..
I pump histidine into decomposer. I can see it in the internal tank but nothing happens

MacAisling

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2013
Kearneysville, West Virginia
I thought that minechem was updated and should now allow decomposing liquids directly from internal tank.. right? or am I going crazy..
I pump histidine into decomposer. I can see it in the internal tank but nothing happens

You need to manually update Minechem to the latest dev build, the pack is still 1 build behind.

Shurhaian

Jul 29, 2019
It decomposes SOME liquids - like, say, humble water. Must be an oversight that chemical fluids aren't working.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
It decomposes SOME liquids - like, say, humble water. Must be an oversight that chemical fluids aren't working.
Not entirely, I think that it natively decomposes any fluids registered by any other entity, in the same way that it would be back to decompose, say, a bucket of it. As far as I can tell, minechem doesn't register it's fluids as being equivalent to their "tubed" form, so it's lookup system falls down.

Yskuma

Jul 29, 2019
Is anybody else running a Linux server and seeing mismatches with the fluxed crystal seeds?

I'm infusing seeds with an item and getting seeds with a completely different name. That name persists through the chucks, rough shards and smooth shards but then when you refine the smooth shards you get your original item back.

I'm wondering if on Linux it's picking up the Json files in a different order and I'm seeing a muddle between client and server configs. I'll try combining the files into one and see if that fixes it.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Is anybody else running a Linux server and seeing mismatches with the fluxed crystal seeds?

I'm infusing seeds with an item and getting seeds with a completely different name. That name persists through the chucks, rough shards and smooth shards but then when you refine the smooth shards you get your original item back.

I'm wondering if on Linux it's picking up the Json files in a different order and I'm seeing a muddle between client and server configs. I'll try combining the files into one and see if that fixes it.
The way that the jsons are structured, it's not a list of stuff, and a list of seeds, which can get out of sync, it's a procedural "There's this seed, with these properties, uses this item, and returns this many". What kind of seeds/items are you getting? Could be that things are not referenced properly?

Yskuma

Jul 29, 2019
The way that the jsons are structured, it's not a list of stuff, and a list of seeds, which can get out of sync, it's a procedural "There's this seed, with these properties, uses this item, and returns this many". What kind of seeds/items are you getting? Could be that things are not referenced properly?

Merging them fixed it.

True that it parses through them and generates the new items but it looks like there might be a difference in the way that works on Linux. On windows it seems to parse through the json files in alphabetical order so the Crystal.json take ids 0-15 (Not 16... Clay appears to be broken), EnderIO the next 7 and so on. It's reading the files in a different order on Linux so the ids get assigned in a different order mixing things up.

Actually, I wonder if it's a capitalisation issue with the file names... I'll go test that now.

Bibble

Jul 29, 2019
Merging them fixed it.

True that it parses through them and generates the new items but it looks like there might be a difference in the way that works on Linux. On windows it seems to parse through the json files in alphabetical order so the Crystal.json take ids 0-15 (Not 16... Clay appears to be broken), EnderIO the next 7 and so on. It's reading the files in a different order on Linux so the ids get assigned in a different order mixing things up.

Actually, I wonder if it's a capitalisation issue with the file names... I'll go test that now.
Hmm, that's odd, especially as I'm fairly sure that ItemIDs are no longer things that exist. Probably worth reporting it as a bug.

Jetsetlemming

Jul 29, 2019
Is there any advantage of the Ender IO Crafter? Because it's a lot more expensive and, critically, a LOT slower than the Thermal Expansion crafter. The TE crafter crafts basically as fast as possible, as fast as you could do it yourself by clicking. The EnderIO one seems to be about one item per second.

Also, how do you get stuff back out of a Quartz Tank (from Extra Cells)? I can't find documentation for it, and it doesn't seem to want to connect to anything. Does it only work via Applied Energistics connections? Because I haven't progressed enough yet to get the inscriber plates, so I can't make import/export busses yet.

Edit, oh, also: Anyone have any idea what might cause a Big Reactor to generate 0 RF? It's on, fueled, supplied with water and heated, but generating no power whatsoever, except the steam byproduct going into a couple dynamos.

Yskuma

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, that's odd, especially as I'm fairly sure that ItemIDs are no longer things that exist. Probably worth reporting it as a bug.

Sorry, meta ids rather than real ids.

I suspect that it is a capitialisation issue. I can't be 100% sure though because if you uppercase the first letter of all the config files it then generates new config files with the lowercase names.

Merging all the config files into one that gets loaded earlier is a work around though, I just called mine config.json.

I'll bug report it later.