[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Naexuiz

Jul 29, 2019
Oh ok. I guess I looked up an old Wiki because it told me that the scripts would be in the configs folder. Of course I won't make that modpack public, I only play it myself. Thanks for the quick help !

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Which ways do you know to extract fluid from drums faster than BCs wooden pipes (10mb/t)?
Pop quiz! Off the top of my head
  • EnderIO: Fluid conduits (all of them)
  • Extra Utilities: liquid transfer nodes (requires high tech)
  • Gregtech Pipe with Pump-cover: (pumps are annoying to make)
  • Applied Energistics-Extra Cells: (99% sure there's a liquid import bus)
  • PneumaticCraft has a liquid hopper, might work similar to how a hopper pulls items out of a container above (not tested)
  • Right-clicking with an empty cell/bucket

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
NEI is broken with Alloy Smelter. It will still give you the same ammount of stuff as you would use normal furnace.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
What fuel does the basic diesel generator require? I tried to place fuelbuckets, fuel cells and diesel cells but none of them went in the internal storage.

How did you power your first blast furnace?

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
What fuel does the basic diesel generator require? I tried to place fuelbuckets, fuel cells and diesel cells but none of them went in the internal storage.

How did you power your first blast furnace?
This is very odd. Gregtech Diesel should work just fine. Can you show a screenshot with you mousing over the fuel item tooltip?

The vast majority of players power their first machines with steam turbines (directly or via battery buffers).

If you can accumulate sufficient steel, the RC turbine is way more efficient than any Gregtech versions.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Thats with a Buildcraft fuel bucket, but its the same with all the fuel cells:
fuel.jpg

Isnt the RC turbine producing IC2 EU, which are not compatible with GT machines? At least GT cables dont connect to it...

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Thats with a Buildcraft fuel bucket, but its the same with all the fuel cells:
View attachment 14843

Isnt the RC turbine producing IC2 EU, which are not compatible with GT machines? At least GT cables dont connect to it...
I had the same thing happen to me once with nitrodiesel, I can't really explain it. @Jason McRay ?

As the guys below mentioned, you can transform IC2 power into GT power. Specifically a GT Transformer can accept IC2 power from any IC2 Machine if I recall correctly. Wires don't work and you're not limited to IC2 transformers.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I reloaded the same save as yesterday with the bugged dieselgenarators. I left the fuel bucket in the generator when i closed mc yesterday, today i came back to a running diesel generator...

raymondbh

Jul 29, 2019
Why don't you update Forge?

Modpack has been updated to v2.1.2
Updated Mods:
- Apple Core to 1.1.0
- AsieLib to 0.3.9
- Automagy to 0.19.1
- BOP to 2.1.0.1062
- Carpenter's Blocks to 3.3.5
- EnderIO to 2.2.8.345
- ExtraCells to 2.2.53b82
- Galacticraft to 3.0.8.261
- Minechem to 5.0.5.378
- NEIIntegration to 1.0.6
- OpenBlocks to 1.3-553
- OpenComputers to 1.4.8.33
- OpenModsLib to 0.6-306
- ProjectRed to 4.5.10.61
- ProjectZulu to 1.4b4
- Thaumcraft to 4.2.3.4
- ThaumicTinkerer to 2.5.466
- WailaPlugins to 0.0.1-13
- Waila Harvestability to 1.1.2
- Yampst-InfiTech 2 to 2.1.2
- AE2 to rv2.beta.8
- BDLib to 1.6.139
- Buildcraft to 6.3.6
- Forestry to 3.4.0.7
- Gendustry to 1.4.4.54
- IC2 to 2.2.673
- LogisticsPipes to 0.8.3.100
- ThaumicEnergistics to 0.8.9.0b-rv2
- ttCore to 0.1.0-61
- SecretRoomsMod to 4.7.1.398

Config changes/fixes:
- Added chisel Limestone and Marble into Digger's Backpack.
- Fixed crash with Secret Rooms button
- Fixed crash with PZ bugs
- PZ bugs no longer spawning when breaking grass/leaves
- Few minor bug fixes

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same thing happen to me once with nitrodiesel, I can't really explain it. @Jason McRay ?

As the guys below mentioned, you can transform IC2 power into GT power. Specifically a GT Transformer can accept IC2 power from any IC2 Machine if I recall correctly. Wires don't work and you're not limited to IC2 transformers.
I am clueless on this one as well... Its happening from time to time for no real reason. You can try to restart or redwonload the modpack.

Because there is no reason to update the forge. Updating Forge can cause more problems than leaving it on the old one. Forge will get updated in most cases only if some mod requires it (currently PneumaticCraft has a higher forge as a dependency, so v2.1.3 will get the latest and working forge version).
(and should I also say, you can update forge by yourself if you really want to)

raymondbh

Jul 29, 2019
Because there is no reason to update the forge. Updating Forge can cause more problems than leaving it on the old one. Forge will get updated in most cases only if some mod requires it (currently PneumaticCraft has a higher forge as a dependency, so v2.1.3 will get the latest and working forge version).
(and should I also say, you can update forge by yourself if you really want to)

Forge build 1270 made a pretty big improvement in performance as I understand, that may be a reason?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Forge build 1270 made a pretty big improvement in performance as I understand, that may be a reason?
I am not noticing any performace issues. FastCraft, Optifine, no or low res texture packs. No lag at all. Same performace in 1232 and
Also forge 1264+ is broken (with texture and graphical glitches) due to 1.8 branch and I really dont want to get stupid reports because of that.

So highest forge I will go for IT:2 is 1263, which will be in v2.1.3 (4)

And also reason for not updating is 1232 is last version where ppl can run cauldron servers. Do you know how hard is to set things right and now if I would just update because of some performance. Servers running cauldron will go down, because of that...

I announced that I will be updating forge in v2.1.3... not going to change my decision in last minute, to catch all server owners not prepared

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay - didnt you also have that vanishing block effect on updating EXBL? (like whole biomes vanishing?)
i seem to recall a strawpoll from November that decided the fate of the modpacks forge version... until such time as an update was needed to keep up with the rest of the mods.

raymondbh

Jul 29, 2019
I am not noticing any performace issues. FastCraft, Optifine, no or low res texture packs. No lag at all. Same performace in 1232 and
Also forge 1264+ is broken (with texture and graphical glitches) due to 1.8 branch and I really dont want to get stupid reports because of that.

So highest forge I will go for IT:2 is 1263, which will be in v2.1.3 (4)

And also reason for not updating is 1232 is last version where ppl can run cauldron servers. Do you know how hard is to set things right and now if I would just update because of some performance. Servers running cauldron will go down, because of that...

I announced that I will be updating forge in v2.1.3... not going to change my decision in last minute, to catch all server owners not prepared

Very well :) Thanks for the update, I was not aware of all this. I consider running your pack on my server, it seems very well put together and I like the mods you have in it. Unfortunately I was not able to grab the last of the Cauldron updates, one of the reasons I have postponed upgrading to 1.7.

Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
@Jason McRay - didnt you also have that vanishing block effect on updating EXBL? (like whole biomes vanishing?)
i seem to recall a strawpoll from November that decided the fate of the modpacks forge version... until such time as an update was needed to keep up with the rest of the mods.

Fortunately the alpha version of EXBL we have works nicely in 1263, so no worries about that. But still the warning is in place: If there will be some major issue connected to EXBL, we will be forced to update it.

Reactions: Tyriael_Soban

bremmon

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have issues with the game freezing at random moments? I don't get any error messages that I can find it just freezes about every 10 or 15 minutes.