[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
Is there a way to can glyceryl trinitrate cells? I get the glyceryl cells from ihl but i cant use those to make nitro diesel
try enderIO tanks to pull/push. if you put cells in them, they work fine. but remember, cells will only fill if there is 1000mb in the tank.
also, better donw rightclick the tank with the cell. you will get the filled cell but the tank wont update (liquid dupe).

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
try enderIO tanks to pull/push. if you put cells in them, they work fine. but remember, cells will only fill if there is 1000mb in the tank.
also, better donw rightclick the tank with the cell. you will get the filled cell but the tank wont update (liquid dupe).
Just tried it but this also gives the glyceryl cell just like the fluid canner.
I think IHL somehow thinks its the same liquud so i only get the glyceryl cell even tough i used glyceryl trinitrate fluid
I just pipe the glyceryl trinitrate into the chemical reactor now and just can the fuel into it and that seems to work just uses a little bit more power since i need to can 4 times as much xD

Oracle

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. Been poking at this pack and very curious about playing it with a few friends. I really enjoy using the stargates but I noticed that the Gregtech Naquadah (All three forms) in their dust or ignot form do not work as fuel for the DHD. Additionally there is no way to craft into the SGcraft Naquadah coal one. Have I overlooked something?

Also is there any problems if worldgen option "B:augmentStructures=false" is turned on? (I believe this is the one that causes worldgen of stargates.

andrej88

Jul 29, 2019
Someone brought up the Glyceryl/IHL issue in the GregTech thread but I don't think Greg quite understood what the issue was.

Before, if you went into unification.cfg and forced unification to GregTech Glyceryl cells, those would output from whatever recipes produced them. But now, even if that is set to true, it will output IHL cells.

Unfortunately I think the only solution is to rework your nitrodiesel system to take in diesel cells and fluid glyceryl, instead of fluid diesel and glyceryl cells. It's no problem really, just move the fluid canner you use for glyceryl so that it takes diesel as input, and pump glyceryl directly from one chemical reactor to another.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
Thaumcraft has an easy way for clay. 1 Sugarcane + 2 Cobblestone = 1 Clay.
If it's only for Silicon, the cheapest way to get it is sand. (Most energy efficient when i remember right: Sand->Glass->Glass dust->silicon dioxide->silicon + oxygen)

Actually it's mostly for building purposes. I've developed a liking to the gregtech concrete blocks that require clay dust to produce. I want to make them en mass. Thanks for pointing out the Thaumcraft way. That should be really easy.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Someone brought up the Glyceryl/IHL issue in the GregTech thread but I don't think Greg quite understood what the issue was.

Before, if you went into unification.cfg and forced unification to GregTech Glyceryl cells, those would output from whatever recipes produced them. But now, even if that is set to true, it will output IHL cells.

Unfortunately I think the only solution is to rework your nitrodiesel system to take in diesel cells and fluid glyceryl, instead of fluid diesel and glyceryl cells. It's no problem really, just move the fluid canner you use for glyceryl so that it takes diesel as input, and pump glyceryl directly from one chemical reactor to another.
I think i will be able to tweak it simply, with putting both items in the same oredictionary. Then it might work... will try to mess with it when I will have a chance

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everyone. Been poking at this pack and very curious about playing it with a few friends. I really enjoy using the stargates but I noticed that the Gregtech Naquadah (All three forms) in their dust or ignot form do not work as fuel for the DHD. Additionally there is no way to craft into the SGcraft Naquadah coal one. Have I overlooked something?

Also is there any problems if worldgen option "B:augmentStructures=false" is turned on? (I believe this is the one that causes worldgen of stargates.

Im pretty sure that the gates are nolonger fueled by naquadah, just made from them... you should have some machine like a superconductor buffer? under the control block.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
So I can't for the life of me get a MV Gregtech armor locker to charge my nano suit. I've connected the cable at the back like you're supposed to but it doesn't charge... Is there something additional that I need to do?

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
So I can't for the life of me get a MV Gregtech armor locker to charge my nano suit. I've connected the cable at the back like you're supposed to but it doesn't charge... Is there something additional that I need to do?

I wouldnt be at all surprised if Greg fixed it so you need an HV locker to charge the Nanosuit; considering the fact that the nanosuit needs HV in order to create in the first place.

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
I wouldnt be at all surprised if Greg fixed it so you need an HV locker to charge the Nanosuit; considering the fact that the nanosuit needs HV in order to create in the first place.

I guess that would make LV and MV lockers completely useless since there's no armor at those voltages... Hmmm I'll make a HV one and check.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I guess that would make LV and MV lockers completely useless since there's no armor at those voltages... Hmmm I'll make a HV one and check.
What about other stuff, such as electric tools? I had to charge something today in an MV buffer that wouldn't charge in an HV. I've never made a locker, so I dunno if they'd charge in that.

PS: Advanced Diamond Drill for the win, I highly recommend it. Supplement with a 3M lappack for extra fun.

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
First thing i did when i built my EBF was construct a LV Titanium drill from Gt. Im loving it thusfar, its not OP but it eats through gravel and dirt like no tomorrow xD and the best part is it takes a really long time before it breaks so no more pickaxes for me :)
Before i make the mv one i would like to start on Galacticraft and live in space since the base i live in now is one big pile of crap xD

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
First thing i did when i built my EBF was construct a LV Titanium drill from Gt. Im loving it thusfar, its not OP but it eats through gravel and dirt like no tomorrow xD and the best part is it takes a really long time before it breaks so no more pickaxes for me :)
Before i make the mv one i would like to start on Galacticraft and live in space since the base i live in now is one big pile of crap xD
The advanced diamond drill is actually from gravisuite, so its a) totally op and wonderful, and b) has no duration (other than power)

The best part about it is that it has a "big hole" mode which is identical to the tico hammer, BUT it also destroys shovel-breaking blocks (gravel, sand, etc). Bring lots of forestry backpacks, and preferably a thaumcraft handheld magic mirror too.

PS: Last night I blew up my large titanium boiler. Yay! I think I might have accidentally disconnected the water feed. Took me and a buddy three hours to scrounge together enough titanium to rebuild it :\

I think that's literally three bases in a row that have suffered a fairly large catastrophe.

Reactions: Grove

Batch2

Jul 29, 2019
What about other stuff, such as electric tools? I had to charge something today in an MV buffer that wouldn't charge in an HV. I've never made a locker, so I dunno if they'd charge in that.

As far as I can tell it will only take items from your armor slots and completely ignores tools. I don't know the full complement of wearable electric items. Maybe LV and MV lappacs then?

Yes! I can't wait to do galacticraft :)

PS: Last night I blew up my large titanium boiler. Yay! I think I might have accidentally disconnected the water feed. Took me and a buddy three hours to scrounge together enough titanium to rebuild it :\

I no longer feel that steam power is worth it. I used to be a big steam fan but no longer like it so much. The biggest issue with steam power however is the constant fuel usage. Typically we think that steam power is more efficient than diesel/gas, however as it's always generating power any that is not used is automatically wasted. So unless you have somewhere to sink that extra power (laser drills/mass fab/etc) your efficiency in terms of work-done/fuel-used is very low.
With my diesel genie array I actually only run my tree farm about 1/4 of the time. The rest it just burns fuel from my railcraft tank whenever it needs to generate power.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Would like to thank all for the support and enjoying the pack. Infitech 2 installations currently got past 2000.
UBoCc2H.jpg

With a total playtime of almost two years (if I am counting correctly). I guess we can call that a success for not-listed pack.

Edit: of course I am not... 2 years are only for US.. Total playtime is 4 years

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
I no longer feel that steam power is worth it. I used to be a big steam fan but no longer like it so much. The biggest issue with steam power however is the constant fuel usage. Typically we think that steam power is more efficient than diesel/gas, however as it's always generating power any that is not used is automatically wasted. So unless you have somewhere to sink that extra power (laser drills/mass fab/etc) your efficiency in terms of work-done/fuel-used is very low.
With my diesel genie array I actually only run my tree farm about 1/4 of the time. The rest it just burns fuel from my railcraft tank whenever it needs to generate power.

My issue with steam power is that its too easy. Once you have a thaumcraft tree farm going (which runs for free), you basically have unlimited power.

I've forced myself to stick with just 3 RC turbines (600 eu/t) and add other energy generation, but honestly, I could easily scale this up to thousands of eu/t, costing nothing but steel and some pipes to connect stuff.

For power not used: most people just set up a gigantic RC tank as a steam buffer to mitigate this. You can remove the problem completely with clever use of logic gates and appropriate steam boiler types. For instance, stick with LP since it heats up quickly and burns efficiently. Don't always use 36LP if you're not going to be playing for several hours at a time. And when your buffer is 75% full (logic gates), automatically switch off the boilers.

To me this "beats" diesel fuel hands down, since diesel requires resource acquisition (which admittedly can be done via ic2 and probably bees)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Would like to thank all for the support and enjoying the pack. Infitech 2 installations currently got past 2000.
UBoCc2H.jpg

With a total playtime of almost two years (if I am counting correctly). I guess we can call that a success for not-listed pack.
Best pack ever Jason. Good time to say thanks for a massive amount of time and effort on your part.