[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

_AfterWind

Jul 29, 2019
These are in GT5.09 which is not in the pack yet... Its scheduled to be in next update (v3.2), no ETA on that tho.
Oh, I see...
After I saw your video about the Oil Rig I quickly logged in Minecraft to check it out. Now I'm jealous :p
Do you need any help with the modpack, or are you just waiting for GT5E to be stable enough?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, I see...
After I saw your video about the Oil Rig I quickly logged in Minecraft to check it out. Now I'm jealous :p
Do you need any help with the modpack, or are you just waiting for GT5E to be stable enough?
I am using cutting edge build in my lets play, because its easier to fix stuff, when i am actually playing it :)
Thanks for offer to help, but I think we have it covered. We are going slightly "nuts" with one overhaul. We just recently agreed on the change so it mostly just started, but we have good starting point, so its going fairly fast. But lots of stuff is done, so its basically just this one tiny little long and time consuming work :) GT5E is stable enough to be played, but I did not wanted to push it out, before the big update.... Simply because GT5E changes few bits and bobs especially in early game, so it is going to be good time for players to start over. And with other changes to the pack the starting over would be good idea as well...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Anyway if you want you can update to GT5.09 (but requires also Forestry, Modtweaker update and quite a bit of Script rewriting). but if you will do that (or you can grab the alpha version from the github) dont come cry to me after official 3.2 release that you started fresh with the alpha and now you need to start again :)

Cloudie

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but this is the only place that I think I will get help on this. I want to play infitech 2 and have played it before on my old pc, but for some reason I get huge amounts of lag when playing. I know lag will always happen, especially when the world is being generated, but my pc should be able to handle this modpack with relative ease (I think). I've allocated 8gb of memory but I don't know what else to do, I played with the settings as well to get the best fps. Can someone help me out here and figure this out so I can enjoy this mod pack? I would appreciate all the help I can get! For reference, CPU: i5-4690 @3.50Hz, GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6870 (I know it's relatively old), RAM: 8gb, Windows 10.

PS: Jason, where did you get the background on the main screen, I kinda want to use it :p

Last edited:

JoeVengence

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place but this is the only place that I think I will get help on this. I want to play infitech 2 and have played it before on my old pc, but for some reason I get huge amounts of lag when playing. I know lag will always happen, especially when the world is being generated, but my pc should be able to handle this modpack with relative ease (I think). I've allocated 8gb of memory but I don't know what else to do, I played with the settings as well to get the best fps. Can someone help me out here and figure this out so I can enjoy this mod pack? I would appreciate all the help I can get! For reference, CPU: i5-4690 @3.50Hz, GPU: Sapphire Radeon 6870 (I know it's relatively old), RAM: 8gb, Windows 10.

PS: Jason, where did you get the background on the main screen, I kinda want to use it :p
allocate 6gb, make sure you don't have to many background programs, I have had problems with windows10 so went back to windows7, I don't think 10 is good enough yet. set your video to fast and your antialias off. see if that helps.

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019

I've been running Infitech on PC with specs lower than yours and it was working fine (~30-50 fps), so it shouldn't be hardware related. I'm still using Windows 7, though.

My advices:

1. I read that too much allocated memory can actually hurt performance in the long run, so try lower it a bit. I've never allocated more than 3.75GB to this or any other modpacks and had no problem so far (been playing modded minecraft for 3+ years).
2. Try to use optifine. It negates any lag spikes or frame drops that occur sometimes even on my new PC and overall FPS are much smoother. I currently use OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_C1.jar version. If texture flickering annoys you (e.g. on Jabba barrels), disable 'fast render' in 'video settings' > 'performance'.
3. Run task manager and check if there aren't any processesss using your cpu while game is running. Maybe there's something else using up your PC resources and it causes that lag.

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
Im in love with the buildcraft builder and especialy the electronic libary. They saved me days, if not weeks of manual construction time...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019

Never ever allocate all available memory to minecraft. You need to have something for system. I have only 4 gigs allocated and its running smoothly enough around 40-50 in my laggy base :)

As for background in menu, I dont remember. I found it one day in my random stuff picture backgrounds folder :) You can grab it from the resources/infitech2/textures/gui/background/menubg.png
Something happened with chunk near my base..... D: nice...
http://imgur.com/EStuaDt
Missing chunk glitch FTW... :) Just a reload works.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Im in love with the buildcraft builder and especialy the electronic libary. They saved me days, if not weeks of manual construction time...
Can you post pics of you using it that represent time-saving? I don't think these get much use at all from players. I'd love to see a how-to.

Bweslake

Jul 29, 2019
I was wondering if anyone knows whether a transformer always outputs for amps or will it step down to 2 amps if there isnt enough power available.

for example

large plasma generator =60,000 eu/t ---> Ludicrous Transformer (131072/32768) ..... will the output be 2 amps?

trying to confirm whether I am wasting tons of energy

the portable scanner isnt much help ...

92an0Fe.png

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
I can do that, sure. I just have to farm a lot of materials before i can start the next step of building, since i ate though 35000 blocks of netherquartz and tons of other stuff. As an explanation how they were timesaving:
We started planning our new base months ago in creative single player (sending the save back and forth). The structure became so complicated (with round shapes and other not rectangular shapes), that to build that on the server would require checking block per block while switching between two minecraft instances. With the architecttable from BC i could scan large parts of the building (limited by the 64^3 limitation of buildcraft) and imprint those into a blueprint (took over a minute!):

You mark the area you want to save with landmarks (you need at least 4), then you place the architect-table on one of the corners, like the good old BC quarry. The architect table has a simple GUI (which i cant explain in great detail since im not at home), with a slot for an empty blueprint, a line where you can name the blueprint and more that i cant remember right now. Directly after placing the blueprint it begins inscribing it.

Then you place the enscripted blueprint into the electric libary. It works as an cross-save way to store blueprints. With a click on an arrow showing left it copied the stuff from the blueprint into the storage. I logged onto the server after that. There i build another electric libary, a builder and a blueprint. In the GUI of the electric libary you will find the blueprints saved earlier (by you on that computer), place an empty blueprint into the slot, and press the arrow showing right. It will copy the blueprint stuff onto the empty one.

Now its important where you place the builder. It should be there where your architec table was when scanning the building, e.g. in the lower left corner. It will display the outlines, just like where you had the landmarks. The rotation of the new constructed building is dependant on the rotation of the builder, its easier to see it yourself than to explain it with text. In the GUI of the ubilder you will see the required materials and a chest-like inventory. To start building you need to supply the builder with energy (not much, a million RF are enough for very large buildings) and the materials, those could be pumped in with conduits or by hand. Then the builder starts building, its about 600 blocks per minute.

When you leave the builder without chunkloading it you have to replace the blueprint or it wont start working again, that will also reset the displayed numbers for required materials. But it wont try to place the smae block twice, just the GUI is wrong!

Edit: if i understood the transformer correctly it would output 4amps every 2 ticks...

Elthy

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that amazes me over and over again: No matter how much time i spend with this modpack, there is still so damn much to learn and to know. Im playing Infitech since over half a year, and there are still several major mods i havent even touched. I dont think there is one mod that ive fully mastered, even in Gregtech, where i never got around to use UU-M.

Im not sure if its even possible to fully master the modpack, its possible that new content is added faster than i could process it. This is a problem sometimes, we are still planning our "perfect" base and that way i would never finish it...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
One thing that amazes me over and over again: No matter how much time i spend with this modpack, there is still so damn much to learn and to know. Im playing Infitech since over half a year, and there are still several major mods i havent even touched. I dont think there is one mod that ive fully mastered, even in Gregtech, where i never got around to use UU-M.

Im not sure if its even possible to fully master the modpack, its possible that new content is added faster than i could process it. This is a problem sometimes, we are still planning our "perfect" base and that way i would never finish it...
Everything is possible... the only limitation is your imagination.

and time

Nickolas Wood

Jul 29, 2019
We started planning our new base months ago in creative single player (sending the save back and forth). The structure became so complicated (with round shapes and other not rectangular shapes), that to build that on the server would require checking block per block while switching between two minecraft instances. With the architecttable from BC i could scan large parts of the building (limited by the 64^3 limitation of buildcraft) and imprint those into a blueprint (took over a minute!):

You mark the area you want to save with landmarks (you need at least 4), then you place the architect-table on one of the corners, like the good old BC quarry. The architect table has a simple GUI (which i cant explain in great detail since im not at home), with a slot for an empty blueprint, a line where you can name the blueprint and more that i cant remember right now. Directly after placing the blueprint it begins inscribing it.

Then you place the enscripted blueprint into the electric libary. It works as an cross-save way to store blueprints. With a click on an arrow showing left it copied the stuff from the blueprint into the storage. I logged onto the server after that. There i build another electric libary, a builder and a blueprint. In the GUI of the electric libary you will find the blueprints saved earlier (by you on that computer), place an empty blueprint into the slot, and press the arrow showing right. It will copy the blueprint stuff onto the empty one.

Now its important where you place the builder. It should be there where your architec table was when scanning the building, e.g. in the lower left corner. It will display the outlines, just like where you had the landmarks. The rotation of the new constructed building is dependant on the rotation of the builder, its easier to see it yourself than to explain it with text. In the GUI of the ubilder you will see the required materials and a chest-like inventory. To start building you need to supply the builder with energy (not much, a million RF are enough for very large buildings) and the materials, those could be pumped in with conduits or by hand. Then the builder starts building, its about 600 blocks per minute.

When you leave the builder without chunkloading it you have to replace the blueprint or it wont start working again, that will also reset the displayed numbers for required materials. But it wont try to place the smae block twice, just the GUI is wrong!

Edit: if i understood the transformer correctly it would output 4amps every 2 ticks...

Have you used the composite blueprints? would have made that structure much easier to build as you would only have 1 blueprint that would encompass many 64x64x64 blueprints. This is what I used to copy my 170x170x150 arched tower into my survival world.

This video is by spacetoad and explains it quite nicels; skip to 9:15

Basically, you use the construction marker to link 2 or more architect tables and make 1 large blueprint. I think I used 15 architect tables to record my entire structure.

Reactions: Pyure

Cloudie

Jul 29, 2019
I've been running Infitech on PC with specs lower than yours and it was working fine (~30-50 fps), so it shouldn't be hardware related. I'm still using Windows 7, though.

My advices:

1. I read that too much allocated memory can actually hurt performance in the long run, so try lower it a bit. I've never allocated more than 3.75GB to this or any other modpacks and had no problem so far (been playing modded minecraft for 3+ years).
2. Try to use optifine. It negates any lag spikes or frame drops that occur sometimes even on my new PC and overall FPS are much smoother. I currently use OptiFine_1.7.10_HD_U_C1.jar version. If texture flickering annoys you (e.g. on Jabba barrels), disable 'fast render' in 'video settings' > 'performance'.
3. Run task manager and check if there aren't any processesss using your cpu while game is running. Maybe there's something else using up your PC resources and it causes that lag.

Thanks for all the help guys! Is there any special Java parameters that would help me out as well? TO be honest I think its Windows 10 that is affecting me the most.