[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
I've noticed that in the pack cheese has a lot of metallum aspect on it, presumably due to the way it is crafted with a pam's harvestcraft pot and possibly a bucket of milk. The pot and bucket both have a lot of metallum, but neither is consumed in the process, making this an extremely cheap source of metallum (particularly if soy milk is used). Essentially this will allow for infinite metal duplication from farming soy beans.
sounds like a big exploit .. Oo

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
This is probably true of a ton of pams recipes
Yep it will happen with all PAMs recipes.... only fix for that would be to hardcode the correct aspects (not sure if I will want to do it, since there is A LOT of recipes), or remove the aspects fully from the final products (which I can do simply by using wildcard - IF its coded properly and not every item different ID).

edit: I will try to ask mod dev, if it would be possible to look into it....

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Re: metal from cheese

Yeah, seems like an unintended bug that is easily exploitable. And, indeed, metal scarcity sans lots of power or player time to mine and process it is one of the underpinnings of Gregtech and this pack.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
Re: metal from cheese

Yeah, seems like an unintended bug that is easily exploitable. And, indeed, metal scarcity sans lots of power or player time to mine and process it is one of the underpinnings of Gregtech and this pack.

Yeah, that was my thinking. I saw metallum on some of the most high end pams foods, which I thought might be a legitimate source of metallum, given some of the ingredients that you need to use, but then I followed the chain back to find the source, which turned out to be cheese. Not only that, but the cheese had waaay more metallum than the finished products.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Question is... if I will just remove the aspects from the "tools" like the Pot... will it affect all in chain, or will I need really to do it for every single item?

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
I think removing the aspects from the tools will work, although the tools should legitimately have those aspects.

The most desireable solution would be to not inherit aspects from tools that are not consumed in the process, but this would require editing every single product... I think just taking the aspects off the tools would be the easiest solution. perhaps adding fames or something to the tools instead of metallum would be an alternative, a the only aspect that leads to brokenness and exploits is metallum as far as I can tell.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Re: metallum from cheese

I confirmed that not all Pam's recipes that use the iron bowlpot have metallum in them. Chili, which uses tofu and the iron bowlpot, does not have metallum or anything that could be used to make metallum. And, the cheese metallum is really bad. 1 piece of cheese has 6 metallum !!

That's effectively 6 nugget's worth (2/3) of an ingot, i.e. 3 soybeans can produce 2 ingots of metal.

Last edited:

Max191293

Jul 29, 2019
"carpenters mod" is not working properly. I'm trying to set the texture but simply placed next to the unit. What to do?

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Ok tested the metallum removal.... It does not work. I remove the aspects from the pot, but other items and their aspects remain unchanged. I also cant use wildcard to remove the aspects in bulk, because every item = own ID.

SteelGiant

Jul 29, 2019
So how are those items actually getting their aspects then? If they're not getting them from the ingredients, then how is cheese getting all the metallum? They can't all be hardcoded? If they were all hardcoded, then why would anyone choose to give cheese so much metallum?

Is there somewhere that needs to be regenerated to make the recipes update perhaps?

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
After make Blue Steel via NEI, I put together this sheet so me in the future and others knows *exactly* how much to use of each base metal to make enough Blue Steel Ingots to make a full set of Turbine Housings for 1 (regular) Large Steam Turbine or 1 Large High Pressure Steam Turbine.

Link to Google Docs.

Reactions: Pyure

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Ok tested the metallum removal.... It does not work. I remove the aspects from the pot, but other items and their aspects remain unchanged. I also cant use wildcard to remove the aspects in bulk, because every item = own ID.

Yeah, I don't think it's the pot. Other foods using the iron pot don't have metallum. So far, I can only confirm cheese as having metallum.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
After make Blue Steel via NEI, I put together this sheet so me in the future and others knows *exactly* how much to use of each base metal to make enough Blue Steel Ingots to make a full set of Turbine Housings for 1 (regular) Large Steam Turbine or 1 Large High Pressure Steam Turbine.

Link to Google Docs.

Isn't it easier to just code the recipe (and all required steps) of turbine casing in AE or LP? That's what I did and I just click a button to craft them :). Blue steel is actually quite cheap, it's only annoying to craft, so autocrafting it is the most sensible option. If you're that far into the tech tree you should already have autocrafting.

I'm now so used to autocrafting stuff that when I can't do that because both MACs (I only have 2) are working, I'd rather wait for them to finish than take an ingot (for example), go to the bending machine and put it inside. Too much work :D

Reactions: DarknessShadow

SpwnX

Jul 29, 2019
You guys should check plastic ingot (GregTech) aspects :3

It was reported to greg but he chose to keep it.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
After about 2 week's worth of planning, I finally got the Large High Pressure Steam Turbine working in my world :D

2QkUbIi.png

On the left is the High Pressure taking in Super Heated Steam. On the right is the regular. For the piping, I'm using Ender Fluid Conduits. Not only does it simplify the piping for the 5 fluids:

• ic2 (cold) coolant
  • ic2 hot coolant
  • distilled water
  • steam
  • super-heated steam
...it also makes handling the LHE startup easier. When the reactors were spinning up and the LHE was warming up, it was outputting steam, then it oscillated between steam and SHS, then finally SHS. When it was oscillating, the rotors pictured here would take turns spinning. It was pretty cool :)

Disclaimer : I'm using GT 5.0.8.27.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
As I say it:

So cheese get metalum from THAT ORE?
No. Aspects are grabbed from crafting recipes. So since Pams Cheese is crafted with a Pot which has metallum, it gets transfered to it. Why removing the aspects via Minetweaker doesnt work is because the aspects are loaded before MT. Then I am changing them after. And the produce items arent aware of this change, as i said because they loaded the aspects before MT.

Aiwendil

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to recommend using lava for LHE, because its producing crazy amounts of SHS. I currently have 3 large hp turbines with large iridium turbines (finally a use for this useless iridium). Using ic2 fluid regulators im feeding each turbine 1000mb/t (a bit more than 900mb/t optimal flow) and I had to put an int. circuit 15 into the LHE to reduce the output. Of course each hp turbines comes with its normal steam equivalent.

On the other hand, I don't think used turbines can be repaired or salvaged in any way. I tried using disassembler, but it just ate the item, processed it and nothing came out. Is this a bug or intended behaviour? Thesr turbines cost about 100 iridium each..

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I would like to recommend using lava for LHE, because its producing crazy amounts of SHS. I currently have 3 large hp turbines with large iridium turbines (finally a use for this useless iridium). Using ic2 fluid regulators im feeding each turbine 1000mb/t (a bit more than 900mb/t optimal flow) and I had to put an int. circuit 15 into the LHE to reduce the output. Of course each hp turbines comes with its normal steam equivalent.

On the other hand, I don't think used turbines can be repaired or salvaged in any way. I tried using disassembler, but it just ate the item, processed it and nothing came out. Is this a bug or intended behaviour? Thesr turbines cost about 100 iridium each..
Disassembler will not work on items that were crafted in machines. ALthough as I understood @Blood Asp it should not accept or process those items at all, @Pyure was asking about it as well.