[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
@Azkeel
Here is a link to @Gamejet's post earlier in this thread with Binnie's with the MJ API added into it. And, I agree with @Pyure : it sounds like you're off to a good start !

We're using Binnie's on our server and I love it. It took about 10 machine instances total and about a week of gameplay just with Binnie's machines to isolate and re-combine the traits for the 'perfect' sapling for Ethanol. It was slow, yes, but progress was steady and measurable. It's a good fit for this pack, IMHO :)

Reactions: Azkeel

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Some good news : in GT 5, you indeed can (still) share blocks of the multi-block structures such as the EBF (right) and Multi-Smelter (left)

Front view of Multi-Smelter (left) and EBF (right)
Bottom view of EBF

The following blocks *must* be on the same axis as the controller, i.e. 1 copy for each furnace:

• controller
  • muffler
  • maintenance hatch

However, the following can be shared:

• input bus
  • output bus

I'm not sure if the energy hatch can be shared or not. Since I was making an EBF, I wanted plenty of energy supply anyways. When sharing an input bus, each furnace takes turns pulling from the inventory.

I also haven't tried an input bus for oxygen, but I'm assuming it can be shared.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
I'm not sure if the energy hatch can be shared or not. Since I was making an EBF, I wanted plenty of energy supply anyways. When sharing an input bus, each furnace takes turns pulling from the inventory.

I also haven't tried an input bus for oxygen, but I'm assuming it can be shared.
Energy Hatches can be shared in theory, but should not be done. A single energy hatch can accept 2Amp, so it can supply 2 EBF. But only little loss in the cables or a single maintainance problem whould break the machine.

Input Hatches for oxygen can be shares like the input busses for items.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Some good news : in GT 5, you indeed can (still) share blocks of the multi-block structures such as the EBF (right) and Multi-Smelter (left)

Front view of Multi-Smelter (left) and EBF (right)
Bottom view of EBF

The following blocks *must* be on the same axis as the controller, i.e. 1 copy for each furnace:

• controller
  • muffler
  • maintenance hatch

However, the following can be shared:

• input bus
  • output bus

Short version: wow. Didn't know they could share like the bronze blast furnace.

Reactions: MigukNamja

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Short version: wow. Didn't know they could share like the bronze blast furnace.

Yeah, I meant to put that qualifier. The BBFs are simple compared to the others : nothing shared with the BBFs other than walls, i.e. basic blocks.

Energy Hatches can be shared in theory, but should not be done. A single energy hatch can accept 2Amp, so it can supply 2 EBF. But only little loss in the cables or a single maintainance problem whould break the machine.

Input Hatches for oxygen can be shares like the input busses for items.

Great to know ! I'll hook up my oxygen line to these EBFs.

Reactions: mcalpha

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019

Good news indeed. My second EBF plan just became a lot easier.

But it requires thorough planning since you shouldn't build multiblocks over chunk boundaries, and when the multiblocks share walls the whole thing has to be in one chunk.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
1. I explored many chunks but haven't found any regular redstone ore veins yet. How big are they ? Are they so hard to spot or am I just unlucky ? I've got 3 stacks of steel, but all I managed to create were LV steam turbine and bending machine because I can't make electric motors NAND chips due to lack of redstone *sigh*

My strategy has been to get food and stacks of standard picks (which is possible with the GT tools, just take heads and sticks and assemble them on the go) plus a few made from green TC shards (they have mining level 3) and then make a straight 1x2 tunnel in a random direction at the right Y height, and continue that tunnel until you find the desired ore. Ignore caves since they usually just go in circles and don't cover many chunks. It's obscene how many veins you'll find. Mark them all for later consumption.

BTW, chunkloading your base meanwhile is useful to process stuff, and Railcraft World anchors are much cheaper to run than Dimensional anchors.

Borisigor

Jul 29, 2019
Is it just me or is there almost no info about minechem? I am having a lot of fun playing with it but I don't feel like I am getting the most out of it...

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
To be honest, I wasn't expecting that playing this pack will be so fun :) Thanks to slower game pace that GT introduced I finally have a chance to fiddle with all the mods that I was usually skipping because they required too much effort (e.g. thaumcraft) and I really love it. I've got several new questions, though.

1. I explored many chunks but haven't found any regular redstone ore veins yet. How big are they ? Are they so hard to spot or am I just unlucky ? I've got 3 stacks of steel, but all I managed to create were LV steam turbine and bending machine because I can't make electric motors NAND chips due to lack of redstone *sigh*
Redstone might be a pain to look for, but when you find it, trust me that you will have more than enough for couple of days. One Redstone ore will give you 10 redstone dust.

BTW, chunkloading your base meanwhile is useful to process stuff, and Railcraft World anchors are much cheaper to run than Dimensional anchors.

It depends on how you look into it.
RC Anchor:
- Little bit more expensive than DimAnchors
- Cheaper to run
- Can cover only 3x3 and cant be configured

DimAnchor:
- Can be configured to suit your needs
- Fairly cheap recipe
- Bit more expensive to run over time.

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019
Quick question, does Gold spawn it own veins or it only found as part of Magnetite vein (which from my experience have only few gold ores in them)?

Oh, and is it possible to get the updated ore gen book in older world?

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
As far as I've seen (and the table on http://ftb.gamepedia.com/GregTech/Mining_and_Processing concurs) gold ore is only found in one type of magnetite vein.

However, gold is also a byproduct of processing several other ores, notably Chalcopyrite (which is super-abundant) in a chemical bath with Mercury (which is reasonably common in Cinnabar, and can also be gotten centrifuging Redstone).

EDIT: and don't forget that you can smelt down useless junk such as golden horse armor or swords.

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
BTW, I like the fact that gold is actually a rare resource. Whereas in the latest DW20 pack, I've collected more gold than iron (they appeared to be similar in frequency, but of course iron is used much more by recipes.)

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
Gold rare in Gregtech? At last in the lategame it looks quite different to me. :D
2014-12-20_17.34.03.png

Borisigor

Jul 29, 2019
So after playing with minechem more, I am disappointing by a few things. It feels way to easy to turn some things into other things. Oxygen you get from minechem can not be used for gregtech recipes. (or it didn't work for me) And some things don't have very good integration with gregtech. Like I have a large amount of atoms(molecules) of Beryllium but can't use that for gregtech either. But Aluminium, Gold, Steel, Lead, Iron and various other things(way to early for me to remember). Anyway, Just felt like I should say something about minechem. Also, Good luck storing all of these Atoms. MY lord. So...Much...Oxygen and Hydrogen(very easy fuel source).

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, minechem always felt a little cheaty in ME3 - its a shame that greg hasnt put his nuclear components back in, because they used to use BE for thick reflectors.

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
A few ways to get gold semi-early-game:

1. Process
Gold rare in Gregtech? At last in the lategame it looks quite different to me. :D
View attachment 13737

With that much phosphorus and honey dew/drops, I'm guessing ... bees ?

I just got gold and diamond bees the other day. I debated with myself whether to do it, but after clearing out a couple of diamond veins and still not having enough for my AE2 build, I broke down and made some bees. There are some things I just want to automate once and then move onwards and upwards (rather than continually prospecting for). Only so much time I can spend in my chair with this game ;-)

Reactions: Grove