[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I lost my tools several times trying to manually craft stuff in the forestry workbenches when i craft the blocks for the bronze blast furnace. ='(

BTW how i get nikolite? i'm interested in the 16amp cable, does the ore for it spawn? I cannot find it in the gregtech ore guide (i guess its just because it isn't from greg?)

My iron golem farm just almost completely wiped out, just 2 survivors because i spilled some water from above, took out lots of torches and zombies infected them all, i had to defeat like 30 zombies lol, the king still lives :)
2015-07-12_12.04.15.png

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I lost my tools several times trying to manually craft stuff in the forestry workbenches when i craft the blocks for the bronze blast furnace. ='(

BTW how i get nikolite? i'm interested in the 16amp cable, does the ore for it spawn? I cannot find it in the gregtech ore guide (i guess its just because it isn't from greg?)
I've been using Steve's Workshop production tables for (manual) crafting since, well, forever. Just having four crafting grids in one GUI accelerates crafting greatly. I don't know how tools can get lost in crafting table variants but it never happened to me.

Nikolite is a Red Power 2 ore that, IIRC, hasn't made it into Project Red. You're out of luck. Also I haven't found any 16x cables (i.e. with insulation) in NEI, only 16x wires. Cables go only up to 12x.

Reactions: Tsuko

DarknessShadow

Jul 29, 2019
You cant there is no nikolite.
We only have bluepower and teslatite
There are 2 recipes for blue alloy ingot with nikolite and teslatite.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
I've been using Steve's Workshop production tables for (manual) crafting since, well, forever. Just having four crafting grids in one GUI accelerates crafting greatly. I don't know how tools can get lost in crafting table variants but it never happened to me.

Nikolite is a Red Power 2 ore that, IIRC, hasn't made it into Project Red. You're out of luck. Also I haven't found any 16x cables (i.e. with insulation) in NEI, only 16x wires. Cables go only up to 12x.
I know there is platinum cables for 16 amps, 1 loss/meter so that could be interesting to connect to a battery buffer for my small acid batteries (LV)... the battery buffer may have several outputs though, i might not even need that cable now that i think about it.

I hope i can connect a platinum 16 amp cable to a LV battery buffer with 16 batteries with no problems :S

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I hope i can connect a platinum 16 amp cable to a LV battery buffer with 16 batteries with no problems :S
Ah yes, platinum and blue allow 8x cables can transport 16 amps. Is this for a close-range machine park? I think you can connect platinum cables to an LV battery, but if it's a longer-range connection and you want to minimize loss, it's better to uptransform your power. That also makes the cabling less expensive. And lastly, personally I prefer not to use higher-voltage cabling. If you have lower-voltage cabling and accidentally connect a higher-voltage power source, then only your cabling is destroyed. If you use higher-voltage cabling, all connected lower-voltage machines will explode.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
And lastly, personally I prefer not to use higher-voltage cabling. If you have lower-voltage cabling and accidentally connect a higher-voltage power source, then only your cabling is destroyed. If you use higher-voltage cabling, all connected lower-voltage machines will explode.
It should not work that way. As long i did not break anything, it should do one energy transfer before the cables melt, so the machines still explode.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Ah yes, platinum and blue allow 8x cables can transport 16 amps. Is this for a close-range machine park? I think you can connect platinum cables to an LV battery, but if it's a longer-range connection and you want to minimize loss, it's better to uptransform your power. That also makes the cabling less expensive. And lastly, personally I prefer not to use higher-voltage cabling. If you have lower-voltage cabling and accidentally connect a higher-voltage power source, then only your cabling is destroyed. If you use higher-voltage cabling, all connected lower-voltage machines will explode.

I'm guessing the loss applies to every amp then? figured as much, well platinum is already pretty high voltage, too high for me i think, i can only downgrade from 128 volts so i guess i should go for a 16 amp 128 volt wire instaid i might have to pay 2 or 3 loss/meter for that tho.
So 4 amps of 128V with 2 or 3 loss would be 8-12V loss/meter :S
16amps of LV batteries is = 512V. Meh its manageable :)

Edit: Annealed Copper Wire is 128V / 16A, only 2 loss but this wire will also explode my machines if i'm not careful so i might as well go for platinum and run (IV) in my cables.

I'm a bit confused if it is the batteries or the cables that decide the voltage or the machines.

Cables are dumb regarding voltage i think, so it will send the max the generation can give out.. so a battery buffer that is low voltage will only attempt to send out LV amps? or can i do that trick with anneal copper wire and step the voltage up in the buffer and it only sends out 4 amps?.. as i've heard the number of batteries decides the amp so i guess it won't step up the voltage. so i'll have the loss per amp as normal so.. 4 times that loss/meter :S

Unless i use a transformer of course, can't do that with platinum yet tho.

So if the generation is small acid batteries of 32V does that mean that the plat cables will only send out 32V with 1 loss/meter? does it work like that?

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I'm guessing the loss applies to every amp then? figured as much, well platinum is already pretty high voltage, too high for me i think, i can only downgrade from 128 volts so i guess i should go for a 16 amp 128 volt wire instaid i might have to pay 2 or 3 loss/meter for that tho.
So 4 amps of 128V with 2 or 3 loss would be 8-12V loss/meter :S
16amps of LV batteries is = 512V. Meh its manageable :)

Edit: Annealed Copper Wire is 128V / 16A, only 2 loss but this wire will also explode my machines if i'm not careful so i might as well go for platinum and run (IV) in my cables.

I'm a bit confused if it is the batteries or the cables that decide the voltage or the machines.

Cables are dumb regarding voltage i think, so it will send the max the generation can give out.. so a battery buffer that is low voltage will only attempt to send out LV amps? or can i do that trick with anneal copper wire and step the voltage up in the buffer and it only sends out 4 amps?.. as i've heard the number of batteries decides the amp so i guess it won't step up the voltage. so i'll have the loss per amp as normal so.. 4 times that loss/meter :S

Unless i use a transformer of course, can't do that with platinum yet tho.

So if the generation is small acid batteries of 32V does that mean that the plat cables will only send out 32V with 1 loss/meter? does it work like that?
The level of the battery buffer determines the output voltage. An LV battery buffer with N slots will always output N amps at LV. It may be able to output fewer amps depending on what the machines request, but it will never output any other voltage than LV, regardless of the cable you're using.

BTW, annealed copper *wire* may have a loss of 2 EU per amp and block, but annealed copper *cable* (the insulated version) has only 1. I'm using that for all my MV cabling. I don't know why you want to use platinum cable - copper is extremely plentiful while platinum is rare.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Here's what's probably the final layout (if not necessarily the final tier of machines) of my ore processing facility, still with exposed cabling and conduits since I haven't decided what the floor will look like. This is a two-line processing setup that can handle almost all ores with minimal reconfiguration, and it processes ores into ingots or dusts, including up to two byproducts, depending on how I prefer to store them. Every line consists of a macerator, an ore washing plant, a forge hammer, two centrifuges, two regulators (one each for a packager and an electrolyzer), a chemical bath, a quantum tank and an electric furnace. The left line has an arc furnace that turns all iron processed here into wrought iron, after which it will be sent to the EBFs. The quantum tank collects oxygen from the electrolyzer and sends it to the EBFs. The right line has a chemical reactor and a distillery to supply it with distilled water in the far corner. That's for making quartzite and certus crystals from their dusts using sodium dust to increase speed and efficiency compared to the autoclave recipe. The main processing lines consist of MV machines while the multiblocks are HV.

Regarding the conduits: I wanted to use GT pipes for the less complex transportation, for instance between the gold chests and the EBFs or the oxygen quantum tanks and the EBFs, because they look more "industrial". The main reason I didn't is the extremely annoying fact that the GT pipes have a full-block bounding box that would prevent me from interacting with some of the machines. For instance, if I used a GT pipe for the EBF input I wouldn't be able to look into the input bus and check what's currently being processed.

GT_Processing.jpg

Reactions: Pyure and Tsuko

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
The main reason I didn't is the extremely annoying fact that the GT pipes have a full-block bounding box that would prevent me from interacting with some of the machines. For instance, if I used a GT pipe for the EBF input I wouldn't be able to look into the input bus and check what's currently being processed.

I know what you mean lol, have to break blocks sometimes just to check the block behind it.

So you are using regulators for the packagers? i think i'm using golems and golem's workbenches with two upgrades that isn't exactly free for the same effect. But i need 6 golem's to get what i want from netherrack.

How smart is the regulator? can you restrict it so it only takes in tiny dust in batches of 9 so that the packager can always clear out its inventory to take in small dust in the next batch? or do i need two different packagers for each dust size? or can the regulators turn tiny and small dusts into normal dusts? I'll getting both tiny and small sulfur from netherrack and at one time i was running 4 basic chemical reactors constantly, they were powered by 4 lines of 7 high pressure coal boilers so 28 x HP coal boilers.

Because of that i now got close to 8 million sulfuric acid in my steel tank. thats about 8 thousand small acid batteries :D But my sulfur supply couldn't live up to the demand so now i can only have one running constantly, its being fed by:

1 Macerator
3 Centrifuges
1 Golem's Workbench with perditio and ignis upgrade
6 Golems.

This gives me 0,0049 sulfur/s overflow per line of these machines.
0,0176 sulfur/s is needed per chemical reactor and each line produces 0,0225 sulfur/s, so with 4 lines i'll get one extra chemical reactor that i can feed with the overflow and still get a net positive yield.

The funny thing is that the macerator operation time is .. 16s? whilst two of the centrifuges is 39s each so half that for 19,5s operation time and the last centrifuge is 8s, this means i'll not need 3 centrifuges for each chemical reactor, i'll only need:

1 Macerator
2,5 Centrifuges

There is always going to be a bottleneck somewhere, i could probably use 3 centrifuges on the 39s operation but then the macerator would be the bottleneck, i could use 2 macerators per chemical reactor but then centrifuges would yet again be the bottleneck, i'm not sure if i can automate the sulfur product to make use of more machines because sulfur production via the nethermind.. i'm just not sure how fast it produces netherrack. Maybe i need two netherminds or more per chemical reactor, then all the extra machines to increase speed of processing is useless!

I've also discovered that building and connecting HP coal boilers is pretty damn expensive in steel because i need 1 shutter per HP coal boiler and that cost 8 steel plates, the boiler itself cost 5 steel plates then i need 2 steel plates 1 for steam and the other for water + extra initial steel pipes for each line, its mighty expensive in steel. Each line must cost like.. 7x15+(8+12) = 125 steel plates for 2100L/s steam production which converts to 34,65 V/t via basic steam turbines.

Can't i build a large GT boiler for 125 plates or something? i wouldn't need as many shutters and pipes either, so i see the efficiency in these large machines... damn shutters and pipes are expensive! Also attempting to automate the boilers could cost shit tons of steel as well if i'm not careful, i'm doing it manually right now but eventually i will not be able to handle it manually.

Here you can see my High Pressure Coal Boilers, 4 lines of 7boilers, bunch of shutters+pipes:
2015-07-12_19.57.03.png

A bigger look on everything (there is a large steel fluid pipe under the floor, expensive!):
2015-07-12_19.59.41.png

Underneath (large steel fluid pipes cost 6 steel plates each, arghh so much steel needed!):
2015-07-12_20.13.51.png

A closer look on my netherrack > sulfur > sulfuric acid production:
2015-07-12_20.00.48.png

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
I know what you mean lol, have to break blocks sometimes just to check the block behind it.
So you are using regulators for the packagers? i think i'm using golems and golem's workbenches with two upgrades that isn't exactly free for the same effect. But i need 6 golem's to get what i want from netherrack.

How smart is the regulator? can you restrict it so it only takes in tiny dust in batches of 9 so that the packager can always clear out its inventory to take in small dust in the next batch? or do i need two different packagers for each dust size? or can the regulators turn tiny and small dusts into normal dusts? I'll getting both tiny and small sulfur from netherrack and at one time i was running 4 basic chemical reactors constantly, they were powered by 4 lines of 7 high pressure coal boilers so 28 x HP coal boilers.
The regulator works like this: It only accepts items you define in its gui, so you can use an unfiltered pipe to put stuff in. For every item, you can define the stack size at which the items will get sent on to the connected machine, and the target slot. For the tiny dusts and the packager, the stack size is always 9 of course, but I also use regulators for the electrolyzer, where the stack size varies by item, and for two assemblers in my autocrafting setup, because a conveyor cover won't fill the second slot.

Your base has a nice early-industrial look btw. I never did that much in the steam age - I wanted to advance as fast as possible.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
The regulator works like this: It only accepts items you define in its gui, so you can use an unfiltered pipe to put stuff in. For every item, you can define the stack size at which the items will get sent on to the connected machine, and the target slot. For the tiny dusts and the packager, the stack size is always 9 of course, but I also use regulators for the electrolyzer, where the stack size varies by item, and for two assemblers in my autocrafting setup, because a conveyor cover won't fill the second slot.

Your base has a nice early-industrial look btw. I never did that much in the steam age - I wanted to advance as fast as possible.
Thanks :) i don't want to rush to higher tech, i want to explore everything first, maybe on my next playthrough though.

Can you connect multiple machines to one regulator and point what item goes to what machine? (kinda like BC diamond pipes?)

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Can you connect multiple machines to one regulator and point what item goes to what machine? (kinda like BC diamond pipes?)
Unfortunately not, but one conduit or pipe can connect to multiple regulators and items will be sorted according to the regulators' configuration.

Tsuko

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately not, but one conduit or pipe can connect to multiple regulators and items will be sorted according to the regulators' configuration.
Guess i'll have to try it to understand their usefulness :)

It was the same with many other things, such as the boots of the traveler, i cannot understand how i haven't crafted it before, i cannot play without it now, i also avoided golems... cannot live without now lol.
Magic mirrors too, even essentia mirrors are very useful for the infusion matrix. Mostly thaumcraft stuff as you can see, but that is because that is what i have explored the most :)

Never done a iron golem farm before but now i've made one and it produced iron ingots that i mirrored to my base and automaticly put into a chest that a golem looks into and feeds the iron into the BBF to produce steel, more iron production that 2 of them use at least :)

When i tried to extend the farm (MORE IRON!!!) by stacking another village ontop, there was a water accident that i neglected because i thought it could look beautiful, zombies spawning because of wet torches aren't so beautiful though and i'm back at square 2 (i've knowledge and the foundation of my village left at least) :S

My village is slowly repopulating, i'm not sure if they are recognizing how big the village is, they just stick around the same area, i'm thinking about making a minecart track around the village having one dude recognizing all the doors :S, not sure if it would help tho.
I'll probably have to kidnap *ahem* "invite" some more villagers to my village via minecarts, i even made it automated so they fly through the air and land on a track up there, quite fun.

Edit: Well i've made the track and a dude is always looking around for houses but i'm not sure about the villager house detection mechanic, if he needs line of sight to the door because the track is above a block that is above the door.

2015-07-12_21.39.20.png

According to wiki: "Villagers will recognize a house within sixteen blocks along both horizontal axes, and up to three blocks above or five blocks below the level of the ground the villager is standing on" Doesn't mention villagers in minecarts or line of sight but i have seen ppl put villagers in them and move them around to disable/enable houses, it should work.

Last edited:

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
How smart is the regulator? can you restrict it so it only takes in tiny dust in batches of 9 so that the packager can always clear out its inventory to take in small dust in the next batch? or do i need two different packagers for each dust size? or can the regulators turn tiny and small dusts into normal dusts?
If you want to package tiny/small dusts from many different materials (usually also oreprocessing), use chest/super buffers and use a screwdriver on the output side. Then they allways output in that stacksize, independend from the material. usually a typefilter is used before the buffer to only let tiny/small dusts in.
Guess i'll have to try it to understand their usefulness :)
The Regulator outputs 9 seperately choosen stacksizes. Usually used for Electrolyzer or Centrifuge recipes in oreprocessing with differnt stacksizes.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Carefull when using BluePower PneumaticTubes. I was messing with them in my test world, and for some reason the stuff was vanishing when i tried to input into any non-vanilla and non-BP block (like Iron Chest) Did not happend all the time, but it was noticable.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
If you want to package tiny/small dusts from many different materials (usually also oreprocessing), use chest/super buffers and use a screwdriver on the output side. Then they allways output in that stacksize, independend from the material. usually a typefilter is used before the buffer to only let tiny/small dusts in.
You can set an export stacksize for the chest buffer? How do you set the number?

An unrelated question: Is is possible to convert GT oxygen into GalactiCraft oxygen? GalactiCraft oxygen generation is easy, but this - different materials that are supposed to be the same but don't convert into each other - is one of those things that bugs me in modpacks, and it would be nice to have a use for the several million litres surplus of GT oxygen in my tanks.

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
You can set an export stacksize for the chest buffer? How do you set the number?

An unrelated question: Is is possible to convert GT oxygen into GalactiCraft oxygen? GalactiCraft oxygen generation is easy, but this - different materials that are supposed to be the same but don't convert into each other - is one of those things that bugs me in modpacks, and it would be nice to have a use for the several million litres surplus of GT oxygen in my tanks.
Click with screwdriver on the outputside of the chestbuffer.
Liquid unification is sadly not supported. To support conversion, it would need to add recipes like canning one fluid, then empty the other fluid.

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Easiest way of converting GT Oxygen -> GC Oxygen is to use Gas Liquifer from Galacticraft (it accepts Oxygen cells and converts it to GC Oxygen; not sure if you can pump GT oxygen directly into it
@DarknessShadow might give you more info, since he is using this conversion (or at least he reported to me that Liquifer was not craftable).

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Easiest way of converting GT Oxygen -> GC Oxygen is to use Gas Liquifer from Galacticraft (it accepts Oxygen cells and converts it to GC Oxygen; not sure if you can pump GT oxygen directly into it
@DarknessShadow might give you more info, since he is using this conversion (or at least he reported to me that Liquifer was not craftable).
Is the liquifier craftable now? If so, I may be able to test this later this day.

Another thing: I found an RFTools config file in InfiTech2's config folder. Are there plans to include RFTools? With appropriate recipe changes, I think it would make a fine addition to the EV tier (at least for the dimension- and teleport-related stuff), which, as far as I can determine, hasn't a lot of content atm except as a stepping stone towards fusion. With the power levels required, it would also give people a reason to build a fusion reactor beyond "It's cool and I want to see how it works," and it has a nice ultra-tech aura that would fit a pack named "InfiTech".