[1.7.10] [HQM] Breath of the Wild - Yes, the title is from Zelda

sknif

Jul 29, 2019
Since FTB doesn't have many RPG-packs, I thought I could do one. This is just a concept, please provide feedback, if you are interested. I'm not very good with words (no native speaker), so I will just present you the mods and why they are here.

Zelda Sword Skills
RPG attempts in Minecraft fail imho because of Minecraft's combat. ZZS improves exactly that. It also adds lot's of items from the Zelda games, dungeons and villager quests. Definitely the most important mod here. Also farming hearts is good for abnegation, a core aesthetic of rpgs.

Natural Absorbtion
I will use this to replace armor with absorbtion hearts. This removes the ability to tank anything brainlessly. You can still get more hearts with ZSS and TConstruct, but they are not as good as armor in long battles.

TConstruct
TConstruct improves the build variety. It's also important because of it's world generation features, which improve exploration.

Adventurer's Amulets
Like TConstruct it improves build variety and gives the player more tools to solve combat problems.

HQM
RPGs are a good source for abnegation. HQM serves as a guide, a task giver and an easy checklist. You can turn your brain off and just do quests. They won't be grindy, they will engage the player to explore.

Project Zulu
It improves minecraft's ambience with new mobs. Also adds a couple of good dungeons. It gives the world life, which improves the fantasy feel.

Witchery
ZSS depends on villagers for quests. Witchery makes villages more frequent, improves build variety and improves world gen. Also adds new crops, minecrafters love farming. The magic of witchery provides a great fantasy feel

Primitive Mobs
adds many new hostile mobs with interesting mechanics. Makes the world more alife and improves the fantasy feel. Also adds a little quest and travelling merchants where you can use your Emeralds from ZSS.

Battle Towers
dungeons with great pacing you can find easily.

Chococraft
exploration is better with fast mounts. Gives the player the possibility to make a chocobo farm. Farming is popular among the minecraft community. Mount progression is good for abnegation

Enchanting Plus
Collecting enchantment rolls in dungeons is good for abnegation, because it gives the player an easy checklist ("I need ALL enchantments!").

Heart Drop
fighting without armor may be too hard.

Hardcore Ender Expasion
improves the final boss and adds new things to explore in the end. Knowledge Points can easily be found in the overworld due to the big amount of dungeons. adds build variety.

Twilight Forest
a new dimension to explore, dungeons, bosses with interesting mechanics. adds build variety.

Hunger Overhaul
removes grass drops, which are annoying because players may want to destroy grass because of ZSS. removes the need to constantly eat just to regenerate hearts

Mariculture
players can take their zora masks on and explore the ocean. Jewelry improves build variety. Adds farms, Minecrafters love farming.

Falling Meteors
makes playing more exciting with random meteor events. improves build variety.

Ruins
improves world gen, improves exploration, adds dungeons.

Natura
improves world gen, adds crops, minecrafters love farming

Waystones
backtravelling in open world exploration can be annoying. Waystones fixes that.

Tales of MC
new crops that are useful in combat. Minecrafters love farming.

Travellers Gear
interface where you can can see all your equipment. Good Metric for succes, shows how many hearts player has (which can be a lot with ZSS and TConstruct)

WTF Cave Biomes
improves exploration of caves.

Ressource Loader
for custom music. title screen music:

other mods:
bspkr core
armor status hud
status effect hud
world state checkpoints
code chicken lib
liteloader
voxelmap
apple core
backpacks
baubles
bookshelf
chest transporter
code chicken core
custom chest loot
cyanos lootable bodies
damage indicators
enchiridion 2
fastcraft
inventory tweaks
iron chest
mantle
no nausea
nei
not enough keys
squidless
texture generatior lib
wtf core

What do you think about this concept?

Last edited:
R

RafaeloGP

I think it's very cool!I just wish those mods were for 1.10

D

Doodle927

Just an idea but.. Since the name is a reference to Zelda, you could make the modpack themed around that.

For example, you could have dungeons spawn randomly throughout the world, and each time you beat one you get a certain special item, then continue to the next dungeon.

Or there could be something like a storyline..

This seems cool so far :D