[1.7.10] Healing Altar - Soul Hearts added

Inurosen

Jul 29, 2019
Healing Altar
Runic Eggs​

v. 1.2.1

Hello everyone! Since I started playing UHC style hardcore modpacks that don't have natural regen I always had a feeling that minecraft has pretty huge gap in early game healing. That's why I made this small and simple mod.

How to use
* Screenshots are under spoilers

All you need is to build small altar with bricks, stairs and lapis. Altar should be under the open sky.
screen1.png

Then craft Runic Egg.
recipe.png

Wait for midnight. Runic Egg will start glowing. Throwthe egg to the moon whil it glows. You have to look directly up to the sky.
screen2.png

Stay still and wait. BOOM! You now have fixed one heart.
2014-10-20_10.24.47.png

screen3.png
  • Performing healing ritual will take the Lapis Block from your altar, use 3 pieces of Lapis and throw 6 of it around.
  • You can perform the ritual only once per night.
  • Performing ritual during thunderstorm makes it more powerful.
  • Try tuning your altar with some heads to get more healing.
  • If you have full health you will get soul hearts. Soul hearts 2 times less effective than regular hearts (configurable).
There is also Soul Heart item, which will give you one soul heart on use.
2014-11-08_16.40.19.png

Download
http://www.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/225043-healing-altar

Source
GitHub

Issues and suggestions
You can adress everything on my twitter
635356669596273706.png

6/18/2015 (v. 1.2.1)
- Fixed possible duplication.
- Added Runic Egg for ritual. Now you have to use it instead of chicken egg.

1/3/2015 (v. 1.1.3)

- Fixed the bug when was unable to heal under some circumstances.

11/8/2014 (v. 1.1.2)

- Added rain summoning ritual. Just build 3x3 pond with lilypads, leave the middle open and throw Water Bucket there.
- Added Soul Heart mechanics.

10/20/2014 (v. 1.0.1)

- Changed the way of checking for heads. Headcrumbs should be compatible now.

Modpacks:
You're allowed to include Healing Altar in modpacks, provided that there's a link to this topic (or my website for that matter). Have fun!

Last edited:

Wraithflay

Jul 29, 2019
While I have no personal use for this, I still think it's a creative and interesting way to spin some healing!

(No personal use for it because I'm not actively playing MC at the moment, if you're curious. Waiting for some stabilization in the community and on the official FTB packs, y'know?)

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
Sounds amazing!

From what i read, it takes 3 lapis but drops 6 after? Or I am just failing to read?

Inurosen

Jul 29, 2019
You need lapis block. It turns into cobble taking 3 pieces of lapis and giving 6 back. So one block is worth of 3 rituals.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
umm... as clever as this mod is You can achieve the same thing with time and pork chops...
Good work none the less.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Also didn't Mdyio make a lapis based healing mechanism? I don't think his healing ritual had you throwing around eggs though. We need more egg based healing mechanisms.

Inurosen

Jul 29, 2019
Update to version 1.1.2

Changes

11/7/2014 (v. 1.1.2)
- Added rain summoning ritual. Just build 3x3 pond with lilypads, leave the middle open and throw Water Bucket there.
- Added Soul Heart mechanics.

Screenshot under the spoiler
2014-11-08_16.40.19.png

CaptPanda

Nov 20, 2012
Britland
This is a pretty neat mod methinks, but something I'd like to know/see is if this can be a serverside mod, as to emulate plugins of days gone by. That way, only the server owner would need to download it, and the clients don't need to worry.

Although, you have just added soul hearts, which will need clients to download. But still, I like this mod. Might use it sometime if there are other mods like this around the place, I love me some good ol' rituals

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
I like the basic ideas & think this could be used in hqm challenge maps, the lapis will be hard to find early game if open world mining type maps, skyblock you would need to have ex niliho & get to the sieve stage, but apart from the obvious limits already for early game it could be used in packs like running red (an interesting pack).

GG, you need to find your balance point or leave it wide open for pack creators to set, keep it up, nothing but respect for people that make stuff I cant.

Edit, You could make it pass night so you can have normal night time or use the alter to make it morning, just an idea to make it fit into some packs more, you may need to remove the midnight bit as this would require making a clock too, early game not so easy on sky block type maps.

Last edited:

Inurosen

Jul 29, 2019
Right now you can perform ritual while your crosshair points to the moon when you look directly up to the sky. But i'm planning to make it configurable.

Inurosen

Jul 29, 2019
Update to version 1.1.3
Happy New Year!

Changes

1/3/2015 (v. 1.1.3)- Fixed the bug when was unable to heal under some circumstances.

Inurosen

Jul 29, 2019
Update to version 1.2.1
Runic Egg
Changes

6/18/2015 (v. 1.2.1)

- Fixed possible duplication.
- Added Runic Egg for ritual. Now you have to use it instead of chicken egg