[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Seems like I left a comma at the end of the json file (this is why JSON sucks :p), so no moon ores were generating :(. Will be fixed in 0.7.1a

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Alright 0.7.1a is now live on my website and Technic. Will be submitting to FTB once I get permission for that one mod.

Stephenmc608

Jul 29, 2019
I tried to click on the changelog link for 0.7.1a, but when I did, I got this error:

Edit: And 2 seconds later, it works...

Attachments

• 0.7.1a Changelog Link.png
    0.7.1a Changelog Link.png
    66.2 KB · Views: 83

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Do the ores retrogen? Please do D:
Alright I'll release a 0.7.1b version that has retrogen enabled for the Moon ores :) This one will be the one submitted to FTB.

Edit: 0.7.1b is live on my website and Technic. Going to be working on 0.7.1c which should fix some crashes caused by Binnie's Mods and NEI searching. Last 0.7.1 update I promise :p

Last edited:
Reactions: TDarkShadow

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Hi ChatFawkes,

first of all, thanks for this modpack. Well done! Keep up the great work.

I changed from 0.5.11 to 0.7.0 and now i have Server thread warnings: cant keep up..... server overloaded ?....
Are there any special java arguments for 0.7.0 i should use? The arguments i used were fine for 0.5.7-11 but seems like not for 0.7.0.

I had 3 java argument strings (from another thread here) which work very well:

java -Xms2048m -Xmx2048m -XX:permSize=256m -XX:NewRatio=3 -XX:SurvivorRatio=3 -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=8 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=50 -XX:MaxGCMinorPauseMillis=7 -XX:+ExplicitGCInvokesConcurrent -XX:+UseCMSInitiatingOccupancyOnly -XX:CMSInitiatingOccupancyFraction=60 -XX:+BindGCTaskThreadsToCPUs -Xnoclassgc -jar ForgeServer.jar nogui

java -Xms3072m -Xmx3072m -Xmn768m -XX:TargetSurvivorRatio=80 -XX:MaxTenuringThreshold=15 -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+DisableExplicitGC -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=40 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=150 -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+TieredCompilation -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=2048m -XX:+UseCodeCacheFlushing -XX:CompileThreshold=1000 -jar ForgeServer.jar nogui

java -Xmn1G -Xms4G -Xmx4G -XX:+UseLargePages -XX:permSize=256M -XX:+AggressiveOpts -XX:+UseFastAccessorMethods -XX:+UseStringCache -XX:+OptimizeStringConcat -XX:+UseCompressedStrings -XX:+UseBiasedLocking -Xincgc -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=10 -XX:+CMSParallelRemarkEnabled -XX:parallelGCThreads=10 -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -jar ForgeServer.jar nogui

Normally one of them works great for all the servers i tried (e.g. Flux, MagicFarm, Direwolf, BloodnBones)

Any hints would be great. Meanwhile i keep on trying and testing.
Thanks in advance.
Gnarf

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
@DerGnarf personally I would just suggest using:
Code:
java -server -Xmx4G -Xms4G -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC -XX:PermSize=192M ForgeServer.jar -jar nogui

Also if you already haven't you should add Fastcraft to the server, since it helps with world loading. Alternatively you can also switch to Cauldron which has much better performance than regular Forge, but I don't think Fastcraft works/is-needed with Cauldron.

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Meanwhile i manually updated to 0.7.1b (changed the mods) but lag still doesnt vanish. I already tested Fastcraft. With Cauldron i have no experience. I normally use FTB for modpacks and installed client and server files from there. Trying your arguments now.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for your reply. Meanwhile i manually updated to 0.7.1b (changed the mods) but lag still doesnt vanish. I already tested Fastcraft. With Cauldron i have no experience. I normally use FTB for modpacks and installed client and server files from there. Trying your arguments now.
Yah without profiling it would be really hard to tell what is causing the lag, but having less java arguments can help because when you put too many it ends up limiting the JVM.

Also I just submitted 0.7.1 (0.7.1b) to FTB, so it should be live within 72 hours. It is already available on Technic and my website though.

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Also I just submitted 0.7.1 (0.7.1b) to FTB, so it should be live within 72 hours. It is already available on Technic and my website though.

Yes, i have read it before and nope, no improvement with your java arguments :( If only i know the difference between 0.5.11 and 0.7.0 so i could track it by myself. I normally do this alot, i hate to ask for help :) Many reading and trying/testing usually helps but not in this case. Weird thing.

In the past (0.5.x) JourneyMap generates alot of lag, but it is already disabled...

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Yes, i have read it before and nope, no improvement with your java arguments :( If only i know the difference between 0.5.11 and 0.7.0 so i could track it by myself. I normally do this alot, i hate to ask for help :) Many reading and trying/testing usually helps but not in this case. Weird thing.
Well if you want you can zip up your world send me a download link via PM. Then I can try to help figure out what is causing the lag.

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Well if you want you can zip up your world send me a download link via PM. Then I can try to help figure out what is causing the lag.

Thanks but i already tried it with a new and empty world. "Cant keep up.....Server overload/running xxxx ms behind" appears right from the beginning.

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, believe it or not.... A few hour ago i had a crash with Chisel and then i started all the things i already mentioned. Now i disabled Chisel (+Facades), again started a new world and the warning messages are gone BUT they reappeared as soon as i logged in with my client.

Ahh and as i write this a new warning appears (im not logged in with my client). About 15 min since i logged out and no warning appears (till now..). Hmmmmm maybe normal in 15 min?
With Chisel the Avg tick was 20 ms. Now it is 0.2-0.5 ms climbing up sometimes to 5-6 ms. Im still not logged in.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm, believe it or not.... A few hour ago i had a crash with Chisel and then i started all the things i already mentioned. Now i disabled Chisel (+Facades), again started a new world and the warning messages are gone BUT they reappeared as soon as i logged in with my client.

Ahh and as i write this a new warning appears (im not logged in with my client). About 15 min since i logged out and no warning appears (till now..). Hmmmmm maybe normal in 15 min?
With Chisel the Avg tick was 20 ms. Now it is 0.2-0.5 ms climbing up sometimes to 5-6 ms. Im still not logged in.
Hmm that is interesting, btw what is your tps on average? The server I run (which uses dw20) gets those messages occasionally, but the tps stays at 20 and it runs fine. Then again I use Cauldron for that server.

Also what are the specs of your server?

DerGnarf

Jul 29, 2019
Another hour without a warning (still Chisel disabled and im not logged in).
The average tick is 0,2-5 ms, but most of the time is stays at 0.2-0.5 ms.

Server Specs are: Intel Core i3 3245 @3,4GHZ, 8 Gig RAM with a 128Gig SSD, Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (Linux). Should be fast enough for everything (and was fast enough with Flux 0.5.8)

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Another hour without a warning (still Chisel disabled and im not logged in).
The average tick is 0,2-5 ms, but most of the time is stays at 0.2-0.5 ms.

Server Specs are: Intel Core i3 3245 @3,4GHZ, 8 Gig RAM with a 128Gig SSD, Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS (Linux). Should be fast enough for everything (and was fast enough with Flux 0.5.8)
Yah that server is more than capable of running this pack.
It's pretty interesting that Chisel could cause it. I did update Chisel from an old version to a new one in 0.7.0 (Chisel 2), so maybe it's something the new developer could fix. I'll do some testing of my own before I report it to the developer.