[1.7.10] Flux Galaxy - A Space-Based MagiTech Modpack

Jul 29, 2019
do Mek teleporters work cross-dimensionally? that's awesome, one more reason Mystcraft doesn't needed. :D i vote for not including, for the reason you said.

They did in 1.6.4, but not sure about 1.7.10, I'd assume so, but who knows. There still may be issues with the way that GalactiCraft unloads DIMs. This is the first time I've played with the mod.

Yarma92

Jul 29, 2019
@ChatFawkes it was me that mentioned that :p Different teirs have more space inside of them :)

Has anybody noticed the 0.6pre1 running very slowly? Getting a lot of tick lag on it.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
They did in 1.6.4, but not sure about 1.7.10, I'd assume so, but who knows. There still may be issues with the way that GalactiCraft unloads DIMs. This is the first time I've played with the mod.
I believe the problem is not with unloading DIM's. Its more about keeping them loaded, which is normal with almost every kind of portal mechanism. The other side needs to be loaded or it will not work.
And worst then having a lot of loaded chunks is having a lot of dimensions loaded!

Jul 29, 2019
I believe the problem is not with unloading DIM's. Its more about keeping them loaded, which is normal with almost every kind of portal mechanism. The other side needs to be loaded or it will not work.
And worst then having a lot of loaded chunks is having a lot of dimensions loaded!

No. Galacticraft unloads its DIMS from memory, completely, when no player is in one. This is different than most mods/dims, where chunks may be unloaded, but the DIM is still registered in memory. The fix for Galacticraft is to keep them registered in memory, even if chunks are not loaded. Here is a topic on it, from the Galacticraft forums:

http://forum.micdoodle8.com/index.p...n-dimensions-a-thread-for-server-admins.4044/

Balorn

Jul 29, 2019
One other question, with the included mods, short of building a mob grinder IN a nether fortress, is there a good way of getting wither skulls? The Ender IO spawner just spawns regular skeletons when I capture a wither skeleton soul and doesn't have an "exact copy" option like the MFR one.

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
One other question, with the included mods, short of building a mob grinder IN a nether fortress, is there a good way of getting wither skulls? The Ender IO spawner just spawns regular skeletons when I capture a wither skeleton soul and doesn't have an "exact copy" option like the MFR one.
Yah the only thing you can do is place a skeleton spawner (vanilla or powered) in the nether. You can move spawners by using a dolly, but if you break them with a pick they become broken spawners.

Stephenmc608

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone! I was thinking of hosting this modpack on a server (Using CreeperHost) for some friends and I wasn't quite sure what specs I should be using. (I was thinking either the Spider or the Skeleton server.) If anyone has some insight for me, that would be great.

PS. 1st post ever!

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Hey everyone! I was thinking of hosting this modpack on a server (Using CreeperHost) for some friends and I wasn't quite sure what specs I should be using. (I was thinking either the Spider or the Skeleton server.) If anyone has some insight for me, that would be great.

PS. 1st post ever!
I think a Spider tier should be able to run a small server without any issues.

Also welcome to the forums :)

Reactions: Stephenmc608

skyblade22

Jul 29, 2019
So i made the mekanism teleporters, but if the server stops and comes back up, dimensions aren't loaded until someone arrives at one. Meaning, teleporters don't work after a server reset until someone gets to the other dimension by normal means (e.g. rocket). So in other words, if you make a portal to the moon, it'll stop working after a server reset, until someone flies there with another rocket. Unless your rocket is currently on the moon.
Is there a way to force load a dimension? Can't even use server commands to tp there because the dimensions doesn't technically exist until it is first loaded after a reset.
Also world anchors don't help

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks! Spider it is then![DOUBLEPOST=1414643968][/DOUBLEPOST]Also @ChatFawkes , would you recommend a certain version of the pack, for stability?
0.5.11 should be pretty stable. If you want some new worldgen (Pam's stuff) then I'd suggest using 0.6.2.

So i made the mekanism teleporters, but if the server stops and comes back up, dimensions aren't loaded until someone arrives at one. Meaning, teleporters don't work after a server reset until someone gets to the other dimension by normal means (e.g. rocket). So in other words, if you make a portal to the moon, it'll stop working after a server reset, until someone flies there with another rocket. Unless your rocket is currently on the moon.
Is there a way to force load a dimension? Can't even use server commands to tp there because the dimensions doesn't technically exist until it is first loaded after a reset.
Add the dimension id to this list: https://github.com/ChatFawkes/Flux-Galaxy/blob/snapshot/config/Galacticraft/core.conf#L20-L21
Or as mentioned in the comment you can use the command /gckeeploaded

Reactions: Stephenmc608

Balorn

Jul 29, 2019
I just have a dimensional anchor next to mine (making sure the anchor, the entire teleporter frame and any needed power relay are all in the same chunk) and have no issues.

Edit: Just noticed you said the anchors don't help. I'm running 0.5.11, what are you running?

Last edited:

ChatFawkes

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone still having connection timeout issues? I've tried changing the Mekanism voice server to off, but it doesn't seem to be helping. Here is a link to what I was hoping was the issue:
https://github.com/aidancbrady/Mekanism/issues/330
Hmm that issue does say if the clients don't have it changed then they get timeouts. I suppose you turned it off on both client and server?

Someone else had issues with players disconnecting (not sure if timeouts), but we couldn't figure out what was causing it. I'm not sure if it's Mekanism, but I will disable the voice server by default in the next version to see if that helps. (Funnily enough @NunoAgapito told me to do it a day or two ago in this thread, but I forgot :p)

Some logs (client and server) would be helpful in trying to figure out what mod is causing the timeouts.

NunoAgapito

Jul 29, 2019
Well... the issue is an year old, so... previous version of mekanism...

Also, he refers to a VoiceClientEnable setting. That doesnt exist on the current config file, only VoiceServerEnable...