[1.7.10]Cables & Carts - IC2/Railcraft based modpack

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
QNxeRvh.png

An IC2 and Railcraft based modpack, filled with adventure!

So, what's it about?

Primarily, Carts & Cables is a modpack about highlighting the often forgotten gameplay mechanics and playstyles, by making the conventional method harder to get or use, and making the less used options easier to obtain or use. There are many big changes these make to gameplay:

- Rails are cheaper, teleportation and flight is more expensive
- Manual methods of collecting resources and power are buffed
- Automated methods are nerfed
- Combat is made harder and more challenging, without making early-game a struggle
- Gregtech configured to be less frustrating early-game and more challenging mid-game

Unlike most modpacks, Carts & Cables has a rather small modlist, despite having a large amount of content. This is just to keep lag and problems low mostly, so please keep this in mind when suggesting mods ;) Don't worry, there are still a good amount of options in tech, and with a dash of magic and adventuring on the side.

Being an IC2 based modpack, EU is the central power system - the only one in fact! The pack makes use of the magic of E-Net Bridge in order to unify the powering of machines. This means you can run your Builders, Ender Quarries, and Multifarms, all with IC2 cables! In order to enforce this further, RF/MJ transportation and production methods have been disabled. **NOTE: Due to E-Net Bridge being incompatible with the MJ5 API, you will not be able to power Railcraft machines like the Rolling Machine and Rock Crusher using IC2 cables. This will change once RC makes the switch to RF. For now, you can attach a BC Energy Converter inverted with a wrench to power them**

And speaking of power, a few changes have been made there that you may want to know. Biofuel and Biomass produce 20% less power inside Semifluid Generators, and Forestry is also on hard-mode, so Steam Boilers will gain less heat from them too. However, Buildcraft Fuel produces 50% more energy inside the Semifluid Generator, and Nuclear Reactors produce 2x as much power! This is because these two methods of power generation are often overlooked for more reliable and renewable alternatives.

But buy and large, the most significant changes in the pack is to ore generation. All ores have been compressed into 2 layers, as well as there being some additional ores to find above ground to reward mountain explorers. Gregtech's glorious 'motherlode' ore veins will still spawn, however they are at a greatly reduced rate in the overworld. You will probably still be able to encounter a few whilst caving or mountaineering. These changes have the end result of making hand mining just as useful as you are used to - possibly even better! - but at the same time reducing the total output of quarries.

Download pls!

**NOTE: This pack is considered to be in Alpha state, therefore it should be treated as such. You are free to create servers, but it is not recommended. The pack will officially be in Beta once both Railcraft and Buildcraft switch to RF in their stable builds (Due to previously mentioned E-Net Bridge interaction)

Pack Code: 'CNC'
Current Version: Alpha 0.30
Changelog: Here
Modlist: Here

Useful resources:
Fastcraft
NEW Nuclear Reactor Planner
C&C Website

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
I really can't figure out why that's happening, nor can I recreate it >.<

I'll try something to fix it tommorow/later.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
For anybody who has the duplicate mods issue, go into your mods folder and convert CS2_GregTech-Ores into a .zip.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
Tried making a server, but couldn't get it to start. I tried using the forge server installer and also to move all contents in the forge.jar into the server.jar but still got crash after pre-initialization.

Got a ready to use server.jar that has been tested for this pack?

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
EnderStorage is crashing servers for an unknown reason. It reports CodeChicken being missing, even when it is present. So you will have to go without it, all though there are other forms of teleportation(carts through portals, IHl's Interdimensional teleporter)

kaustic

Jul 29, 2019
Got "java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class bao for invalid side SERVER" when I was attempting to set up a server on freshly installed forge 10.13.1.1224.
Updated EnderStorage to 1.4.5.24, CodeChickenCore to 1.0.4.29 and NEI to 1.0.3.62 and added JVM arguments -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=512m.
Haven't done any real testing but server starts and is connectable. I do however find this log entry quite... concerning
[Server thread/ERROR] [CoFHWorld/CoFHCore]: Invalid cluster size or count specified in "iridium"

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Got "java.lang.RuntimeException: Attempted to load class bao for invalid side SERVER" when I was attempting to set up a server on freshly installed forge 10.13.1.1224.
Updated EnderStorage to 1.4.5.24, CodeChickenCore to 1.0.4.29 and NEI to 1.0.3.62 and added JVM arguments -XX:+CMSClassUnloadingEnabled -XX:MaxPermSize=512m.
Haven't done any real testing but server starts and is connectable. I do however find this log entry quite... concerning
[Server thread/ERROR] [CoFHWorld/CoFHCore]: Invalid cluster size or count specified in "iridium"
Just means Block dun goofed. Nothing to be concerned about. ^.^[DOUBLEPOST=1413571767][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, latest version of Forge you should use is 1217. Forge did a big change to how biomes work after that, so biome generation would be really wonky.

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I did test it with 1224, it's the recommended version for Thaumcraft, no?

Also, thanks for catching the Iridium thing, strangely I hadn't been able to find it @_@ I know what the problem is though.

kaustic

Jul 29, 2019
A world without Iridium is not worth living in. ;)
Tested Ender Chest and Pouch a bit and they work fine in the beta versions an they seem to work fine. Could however not get into Creative+ with NEI but that might be a config option that needs a bit of poking.
@Wagon153 How does this biome wonkyness present itself? It might have been fixed in 1229 (Fix for biome weights under 10) so I tested with the latest recommended build (1230) and did not encounter any new errors or warnings in the logs.

Blockmaster139

Jul 29, 2019
Ore gen in this pack is changed a lot from the default. For example, you won't see any big veins below y=80.

Not final yet >.> there's still a lot of discussion about this behind the scenes. We're trying to figure out a good way to keep both normal ore gen and GT motherlode veins on at the same time.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Could anyone let me know wich mod the blood moon ad
Random Things I think?[DOUBLEPOST=1414003071][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not final yet >.> there's still a lot of discussion about this behind the scenes. We're trying to figure out a good way to keep both normal ore gen and GT motherlode veins on at the same time.
I'll do some brainstorming.

Tankh

Jul 29, 2019
When considering the ore generation, please take in to account how hard it is to find Antimony for battery alloy. I've only found a small chunk of Tetrahedrite that I could cetrifuge/ore wash in a specific order to get a handful of batteries, and that's it.

BTW: the feedback site on your google site requires you to apply to join the group. i.e. "to post just click New Topic and then login with any Google Account." does not work at all. When logging in, the "New Topic" button just disappears and you need permission to post:

upload_2014-11-4_15-26-30.png