[1.7.10] AgriCraft

lunakm

Jul 29, 2019
Set regenerate defaults to true in the config.

Thank you, this corrected the mutations concern and I am now able to get these seeds. However, Agricraft's Botania flowers are not dropping anything when right clicked (should be petals right?). When broken I get the seed.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Thank you, this corrected the mutations concern and I am now able to get these seeds. However, Agricraft's Botania flowers are not dropping anything when right clicked (should be petals right?). When broken I get the seed.
Update the mod please

AdzRock

Jul 29, 2019
Love the mod. Cross breeding is fun.

Is there a way to get actual dandelion flowers from seeds? Only seem to be able to harvest seeds and dandelion yellow. Is there some keyboard and mouse combo I can use?

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
Love the mod. Cross breeding is fun.

Is there a way to get actual dandelion flowers from seeds? Only seem to be able to harvest seeds and dandelion yellow. Is there some keyboard and mouse combo I can use?
I'll be implementing a mechanic with shears to get the flower instead.

Reactions: PierceSG

Sohala

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's either the lower case 'w' in wispy Cotton or the space.
It was the w, thanks.
Would be nice, did Pam add new crops in later versions, or did I just overlook some?
After going through the crops once more, the missing ones appear to number only two (after accounting for other coverage). Strawberries and spinach are the unbreed-able plants, with white mushroom, barley and cotton being covered with natura or vanilla items.

Last edited:

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
After going through the crops once more, the missing ones appear to number only two (after accounting for other coverage). Strawberries and spinach are the unbreed-able plants, with white mushroom, barley and cotton being covered with natura or vanilla items.
I seem to have overlooked Strawberries and White mushrooms, I added mutations for those now. Spinach doesnt exist in my dev env so I guess it got added in a later version, I added a mutation for it anyway so for newer version of Harvestcraft it will work, for older itll just report an error in the console and skip the mutation.

Reactions: PierceSG

kikisp

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys i want to try agricraft but have question. i play with hungeroverhaul and mod like spice of life.does agricraft play nicely with these mods and do i need to additional setup to ensure compatibility ?
thx..

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
hey guys i want to try agricraft but have question. i play with hungeroverhaul and mod like spice of life.does agricraft play nicely with these mods and do i need to additional setup to ensure compatibility ?
thx..
You do not need to do anything except throw the jar in your mods folder

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
You mention that your mod will automatically add crops (and ore requirements) for mod metals. Does this work for gregtech ores, which are (non-ticking) MetaTileEntities? One of the annoying things about IC2 crops is I can't grow gold or iron because they require the ore underneath, but the GT ores don't work, and the vanilla ores don't generate.

Timeslice

Jul 29, 2019
Also, I'm playing in a modpack that had infinite water disabled, so that got me thinking that I might want to use the irrigation system to water my plants. I live sort of close to a water source, and I'm wondering if irrigating from agricraft rain tanks is going to cut it, or if I'm still better off using my finite water source blocks for my farms.

GrammieFi

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, do I need to remove the default mutations via minetweaker to fix the ore block requirement or to change them? Do I need to list the default mutations at all in order to keep the ones I want to keep?

Or put another way, if X + Y = Z by default but I want X + A = Z, do I need to remove the default recipe?

thephoenixlodge

Jul 29, 2019
thephoenixlodge, do I need to remove the default mutations via minetweaker to fix the ore block requirement or to change them? Do I need to list the default mutations at all in order to keep the ones I want to keep?

Or put another way, if X + Y = Z by default but I want X + A = Z, do I need to remove the default recipe?
No need to touch the default mutations at all - simply remove the base block. In 0.3 Growth and Mutation requirements were combined into 1 thing, so if a crop requires something in order to grow it needs it to be able to mutate. This is why you no longer define a base block in the mutations, because they are now separately considered growth requirements, which by extension are required for the seed to mutate.

InfinityRaider

Jul 29, 2019
You mention that your mod will automatically add crops (and ore requirements) for mod metals. Does this work for gregtech ores, which are (non-ticking) MetaTileEntities? One of the annoying things about IC2 crops is I can't grow gold or iron because they require the ore underneath, but the GT ores don't work, and the vanilla ores don't generate.
Hmm I am using the oredict for this, and making sure this would work would mean having GrechTech in my dev env. I have quite a list of stuff to do right now so I probably won't bother with this, sorry. What I can do is throw in a config option to get rid of the requirements for resource crops if that would be ok for you. If you still want a more "hardcore" experience, you can make it so they require the blocks (like gold block, iron block, redstone block, ...) underneath instead of the ores.

Also, I'm playing in a modpack that had infinite water disabled, so that got me thinking that I might want to use the irrigation system to water my plants. I live sort of close to a water source, and I'm wondering if irrigating from agricraft rain tanks is going to cut it, or if I'm still better off using my finite water source blocks for my farms.
Depends on how many sprinklers you add to one tank and how often it rains really, as I'm playing right now a 2x2 can handle one sprinkler with a buffer of 3 tanks high.

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
I love this mod, it's really fun. But I seem to have a problem, I was wanting to test out the mutation speeds so I set the mutation to 100% in the config files. Problem I have now is, cross breeding plants works fine like Seeds+carrots = sugarcane, the sugarcane will pop up and grow fine. But if I try to do any normal crop improving like seed+seed = better seed, then noting happens. The plants will grow to mature and just do nothing. I let a bunch of plants go for many in game days and nothing. Is there a result of setting the mutation config too high? Or, what? Cause I haven't a clue whats going wrong.

Jackcat136

Jul 29, 2019
I love this mod, it's really fun. But I seem to have a problem, I was wanting to test out the mutation speeds so I set the mutation to 100% in the config files. Problem I have now is, cross breeding plants works fine like Seeds+carrots = sugarcane, the sugarcane will pop up and grow fine. But if I try to do any normal crop improving like seed+seed = better seed, then noting happens. The plants will grow to mature and just do nothing. I let a bunch of plants go for many in game days and nothing. Is there a result of setting the mutation config too high? Or, what? Cause I haven't a clue whats going wrong.
I believe that setting the mutation chance to 100% means that cross crops are only made for mutations, and not crop improvement, lower it down to 99% or lower for the abillity to level up your crops

Mogymog

Jul 29, 2019
I believe that setting the mutation chance to 100% means that cross crops are only made for mutations, and not crop improvement, lower it down to 99% or lower for the abillity to level up your crops
Ok, that makese sense then. I droped it down the 0.9 and I'll see how that works.