[1.6.x] Thaumcraft 4.0.5b Research Cheat Sheet - 1Mil Views!! - Topic above me is a doodoo head. HA!

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Someone awesome said an analogy that fits here. Supporting Thaumcraft the way I have has become the internet equivalent to customer service without the pay. You make tons of mistakes, the boss doesn't like you and you wish you were doing more with your time.

taggedjc

Jul 29, 2019
Don't worry about it, then :)

I think there's very little work to be done as it is (considering the Aspect connection chart I've already made, and the unlock prerequisites that you've already included) so you're pretty much done for now anyway.

Others will come up with their own cheat sheets if there's ever an actual need for them, and perhaps further changes to Thaumcraft will end up making it something you enjoy again!

taggedjc

Jul 29, 2019
Well, apparently the latest updates change some of the recipes for Aspects.

Motus has been changed to Aer + Aqua from Aer + Ordo.

Tempestas has been changed to Aer + Motus from Aer + Aqua.

Granum has been changed to Victus + Ordo from Victus + Terra.

Messis has been changed to Humanus + Herba from Humanus + Granum.

Meto has been changed to Messis + Instrumentum from Messis + Humanus.

I'm a little disappointed in the changes. It would be nice if Ignis could connect up to more than just two Aspects... It's so difficult to get from the "Ignis" side of the Aspects over to, say, the "Terra" side, so to speak... Perhaps Metallum could have been Ignis + Saxum instead of Ordo + Saxum? Although apparently Saxum is going to be removed, too. That suggests Metallum will be Terra + Ordo, but I think Terra + Ignis would make just as much sense (and Vitreous could be Aqua + Metallum, and Perfodio could be Humanus + Metallum)?

I'll have to make a new chart sometime.

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Well, apparently the latest updates change some of the recipes for Aspects.

Motus has been changed to Aer + Aqua from Aer + Ordo.

Tempestas has been changed to Aer + Motus from Aer + Aqua.

Granum has been changed to Victus + Ordo from Victus + Terra.

Messis has been changed to Humanus + Herba from Humanus + Granum.

Meto has been changed to Messis + Instrumentum from Messis + Humanus.

I'm a little disappointed in the changes. It would be nice if Ignis could connect up to more than just two Aspects... It's so difficult to get from the "Ignis" side of the Aspects over to, say, the "Terra" side, so to speak... Perhaps Metallum could have been Ignis + Saxum instead of Ordo + Saxum? Although apparently Saxum is going to be removed, too. That suggests Metallum will be Terra + Ordo, but I think Terra + Ignis would make just as much sense (and Vitreous could be Aqua + Metallum, and Perfodio could be Humanus + Metallum)?

I'll have to make a new chart sometime.
Thanks for this, I've prodded the guy behind this to say that you've posted this, in case he didn't know.

Reactions: ex13

ex13

Jul 29, 2019
The research tool has (finally) been updated to use the new aspect combinations. One note though: The change ofTempestas to Aer + Motus conflicted with Volatus (which is also Aer and Motus), thus version 4.1.0g changed the combination again to Aer and Gelum. Its not yet in the Thaumcraft-API on github, but in the downloadable jar file for Thaumcraft 4.1.0g.
Also, thanks Succubism for the notification.

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Someone awesome said an analogy that fits here. Supporting Thaumcraft the way I have has become the internet equivalent to customer service without the pay. You make tons of mistakes, the boss doesn't like you and you wish you were doing more with your time.

Succubism, who is "the boss" there? You can take time off anytime you want, and it continues to sound like you need some.

What you've got there is basically the most jaundiced view of Internet collaboration -- it's all about people contributing their work to the public. It can be pretty exploitative, in that a fair number of companies are gaining a lot from the public contribution -- but there's a natural balance there. While some companies are simply exploiting the public (tip: "exposure" is what you die of when you can't pay the rent), there are plenty of much better cases, and Mojang is one of the best -- a company collaborating with the public to produce something that simply wouldn't happen without cooperation from both sides. And Curse seems to be doing pretty well "selling pickaxes" for a whole bunch of game companies including Mojang. (How to reliably get rich in a gold rush: Sell supplies to the miners, they'll bring the gold to you.)

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
Honestly to go into the metaphor's not worth it. I've decided to renounce my work with the cheat sheet. I may do some wiki work once my dissertation's done, but ultimately I'm not supporting Thaumcraft like I used to anymore. It's become something I can't support that way.

Mental Mouse

Jul 29, 2019
Um, dissertation? That should definitely have priority over game work! And you don't need to "renounce" your work (like a heresy?), just release it -- that is, let go of it. Perhaps someone else will do something in the same vein, perhaps not... either way, once you let go, it's not your problem.

You go take care of yourself, your wife, and your dissertation, and Blessed Be.

mathwizi2005

Jul 29, 2019
IMO, work on the wiki is more welcome then work here on the forums as the forums can tend to be quite the cesspit of turds demanding the world
so moving this info to the TC3 wiki is...actually the best course of action, should you choose to do so that is

Succubism

Jul 29, 2019
So uh... I got a little... Somethin' somethin' planned.

Will it be like the cheat sheet...?

tony_stark_25.gif

MindTooth

Jan 6, 2013
How to really get Mirrored Glass? I've tried searching the interwebs, but it has turned up empty. Combining Glass Panes with Aluminum doesn't resolve.