[1.6.4] Factions' End [JamPacked] [RPG] [HQM] [Dimensions] [Stuff]

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
Must have put in the wrong blood type while making the quest (bad pun :p). Will try to fix.
lol, i noticed in the new HQM update that it doesn't actually say the name of the quest on the QDS unit anymore (?!) however, in this case it doesn't say it or acknowledge the quest completed either, in case the problem isn't actually yours.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Where do I find the config files for the different factions?
ftb > factions' end > minecraft > configs > questline configs (> symbol = folder)
If you cant find it there, download the dropbox one and copy the configs in.

sent from this thing via Tapatalk

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
lol, i noticed in the new HQM update that it doesn't actually say the name of the quest on the QDS unit anymore (?!) however, in this case it doesn't say it or acknowledge the quest completed either, in case the problem isn't actually yours.
I think the qds is still doing its job correctly, waila just isnt showing the percents amd data stuff anymore (maybe not, idk)

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
ftb > factions' end > minecraft > configs > questline configs (> symbol = folder)
If you cant find it there, download the dropbox one and copy the configs in.

Thanks, had to use the dropbox file

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
I think the qds is still doing its job correctly, waila just isnt showing the percents amd data stuff anymore (maybe not, idk)

Yah you're probably right. But the getting credit for it is still an issue. I'll hold off finishing my play thru til thats settled, i have a distinct dislike of using the cheat book :)

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Yah you're probably right. But the getting credit for it is still an issue. I'll hold off finishing my play thru til thats settled, i have a distinct dislike of using the cheat book :)
i uploaded the fix yesterday, tested it and everything! :( Oh. wait. I didn't put the link as the latest dropbox version in the op. K, the fix is in now v 1.0.12 and it is linked as latest version in op. The only changes were to the questbook this version so you only have to copy the configs over.

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ Plaze

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
OK I'm kind of stumped, I'm doing 'The Nature Dimension' in the quest for 'All the Flowers' how do you get the sunflower without silk touch. or am I just overlooking something so simple?, Great pack by the way.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
OK I'm kind of stumped, I'm doing 'The Nature Dimension' in the quest for 'All the Flowers' how do you get the sunflower without silk touch. or am I just overlooking something so simple?, Great pack by the way.
Do shears work? (Use iron oreberrybuses)

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
Right its time to enter the 'Nether', as all Bee breeding leads there at some point. So armed with very little I jump into the prebuilt Nether portal that's being glowing at me for the last few days.
After a quick look around to see where its lands me, its back through the portal to grab what I need, "ShiiiiiiiiiT" I scream as I end up back in the overwold surrounded by water and 20 blocks under. ( Good thing for the auto backup)

I don't know if there a linking book hidden in the nether to get back, but as far as I can tell the only way back to a AGE from the nether is via link book. This also opens up a way to move from one dimension to another, as a disarming book would be pointless.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Right its time to enter the 'Nether', as all Bee breeding leads there at some point. So armed with very little I jump into the prebuilt Nether portal that's being glowing at me for the last few days.
After a quick look around to see where its lands me, its back through the portal to grab what I need, "ShiiiiiiiiiT" I scream as I end up back in the overwold surrounded by water and 20 blocks under. ( Good thing for the auto backup)

I don't know if there a linking book hidden in the nether to get back, but as far as I can tell the only way back to a AGE from the nether is via link book. This also opens up a way to move from one dimension to another, as a disarming book would be pointless.
I never pre-built a nether portal... I kinda made it so you can do all the bee breeding you could ever need in the nature age. (gave the nether bees in a quest, somewhere, and you can make an acclimatizer or change the genes. Might give the acclimatizer as another quest reward though. Which bees are the ones that can only be bred in the nether/hell biome? I can never remember them but i could give them as rewards or something because I didn't really intend for players to go to the nether at all, because nature line = not much access to armor or weapons = much more difficult time in the nether). Might make the nether (and twilight forest) it's own questline, eventually, that only appears if they go there first. Following link books for the respective dimensions are the last reward in each quest chain, and when you get that, you probably want to do the "choose again" quest and try another dimension (this time with 100% more things to finish your 2nd one more quickly!)

Last edited:

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
Well I never built the portal, and its there. I know I can alter the gene of the bee to breed in different climates/humidity's , with the machines you need to build in the 'Gene Manipulation' quest but you need, magma cream/blaze powder for the inoculator, soul sand for the synthesiser, ghast tears for the purifier and blaze rods for the isolator, that's why I thought the portal was there. Also with no redstone in the world, the line of bees to the Destabilized Bees is, (working back) Spiteful + industrious, witch needs a foundation of redstone ore, Infernal + Hateful = Spiteful, occurs within a Nether biome, Infernal + Eldritch = Hateful, occurs within a nether biome from there back its not to much of a problem.

don't mean to throw a spanner in the works

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Well I never built the portal, and its there. I know I can alter the gene of the bee to breed in different climates/humidity's , with the machines you need to build in the 'Gene Manipulation' quest but you need, magma cream/blaze powder for the inoculator, soul sand for the synthesiser, ghast tears for the purifier and blaze rods for the isolator, that's why I thought the portal was there. Also with no redstone in the world, the line of bees to the Destabilized Bees is, (working back) Spiteful + industrious, witch needs a foundation of redstone ore, Infernal + Hateful = Spiteful, occurs within a Nether biome, Infernal + Eldritch = Hateful, occurs within a nether biome from there back its not to much of a problem.

don't mean to throw a spanner in the works
I was going to add more to the mystcraft libraries and make some of them nether-like (did some of 1 already)... Or I could make an exclusively nether mystcraft dimension and place a portal to that dimension in that library (it's location is given as a quest reward), have only redstone nether ore generate in it for the ores (as a plus it's really hard to tell the difference between it and netherrack, imo), etc, *cough* make it extra dangerous with negative bee effects made by bees encased in warded blocks *cough*, etc, etc.
Edit: what are the coords of that portal anyway?
Edit2: Either my laptop hates me or something is making the mystcraft world i was in lag out waaay too often (memory seemed OKish), even when not generating new terrain... Could be both. It's very possible.

Last edited:

Prymus AC

Jul 29, 2019
You can see the portal right from the spawn of the age, its just to west -15,+8.[DOUBLEPOST=1409958080][/DOUBLEPOST]Dam going to backup and restart to see if its there, I gave up drinking cus of things like this, lol