[1.6.4] Factions' End [JamPacked] [RPG] [HQM] [Dimensions] [Stuff]

jjoonn56

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to download the pack with the launcher it downloads all the way then when the bar is finished it just closes out and says error downloading modpack, I've done it 3 times now with no luck. I can download other packs just fine now, deleted my Craft Paradise folders and redownloaded it fine.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the dropbox link for the files, trying that now.

EDIT2: Even with the files in the FactionsEnd folder it tried to download the modpack, and fails.

Last edited:

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
When I try to download the pack with the launcher it downloads all the way then when the bar is finished it just closes out and says error downloading modpack, I've done it 3 times now with no luck. I can download other packs just fine now, deleted my Craft Paradise folders and redownloaded it fine.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the dropbox link for the files, trying that now.

EDIT2: Even with the files in the FactionsEnd folder it tried to download the modpack, and fails.
delete the whole factions' end folder from the ftb directory. Remove the pack using the pack code thing. Then add it again with the pack code. Launch, and it should redownload properly. There were problems with the first upload on friday so if you downloaded it then (or early saturday) you have to delete the folder first and redownload. Hope that helps!

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
delete the whole factions' end folder from the ftb directory. Remove the pack using the pack code thing. Then add it again with the pack code. Launch, and it should redownload properly. There were problems with the first upload on friday so if you downloaded it then (or early saturday) you have to delete the folder first and redownload. Hope that helps!
Actually, I just d/l 'd it for the first time a few minutes ago, and it does the same thing sowy :(

Kriscj

Jul 29, 2019
Same here as AJ Plaze...

possibly relevant info from the console (checksum mismatch):

[16:11:39] [INFO] DownloadUtils.isValid:302: Local: F1F12FCFA08C6D5F9433A50B8C922718
[16:11:39] [INFO] DownloadUtils.isValid:303: Remote: 3035A6016F4E2066C6B6B9599882D26A

Reactions: AJ Plaze

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Same here as AJ Plaze...

possibly relevant info from the console (checksum mismatch):

[16:11:39] [INFO] DownloadUtils.isValid:302: Local: F1F12FCFA08C6D5F9433A50B8C922718
[16:11:39] [INFO] DownloadUtils.isValid:303: Remote: 3035A6016F4E2066C6B6B9599882D26A
Sent a pm to the 3rd party modpack team about the issue, tfox said they made some changes so maybe try again? Launches fine for the guy who responded and myself so idk... I suggest using multimc for now, if you know how to use it, and transferring your save over when it's fixed.

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
Sent a pm to the 3rd party modpack team about the issue, tfox said they made some changes so maybe try again? Launches fine for the guy who responded and myself so idk... I suggest using multimc for now, if you know how to use it, and transferring your save over when it's fixed.
Deleted my Java, re-installed, deleted old mod pack folder from yesterday, re-installed all ok :)

Saliel0903

Jul 29, 2019
I think I've discovered a bit of a repeatable bug. Trying to craft any pam's sapling results in a crash, I've tested it with several different crafting squares. Just checked as well and all of Pam's saplings recipes are listed in NEI as making minecraft fire 51. I don't mind that the recipes are removed, but the crash when you try to make them seems a little harsh, and it does limit crafting some foods. I'm using the current recommended version on the FTB launcher if that helps at all.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
I think I've discovered a bit of a repeatable bug. Trying to craft any pam's sapling results in a crash, I've tested it with several different crafting squares. Just checked as well and all of Pam's saplings recipes are listed in NEI as making minecraft fire 51. I don't mind that the recipes are removed, but the crash when you try to make them seems a little harsh, and it does limit crafting some foods. I'm using the current recommended version on the FTB launcher if that helps at all.
I never removed (or changed) any recipes, just added a few (plus if they were removed with minetweaker, the recipe wouldn't show up in nei anyway). Crash log if you please?[DOUBLEPOST=1409349593][/DOUBLEPOST]
Deleted my Java, re-installed, deleted old mod pack folder from yesterday, re-installed all ok :)
So it works? Awesome! :D

Last edited:

Saliel0903

Jul 29, 2019
I never removed any recipes, just added a few (plus if they were removed with minetweaker, the recipe wouldn't show up in nei anyway). Crash log if you please?

Here's the pastebin for the crashlog. Let me know if you need anything else from my end. http://pastebin.com/EnHH9bwS

I reinstalled as well before this crashlog, so I don't think the error is coming from a bad download, but I could very well be wrong.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Here's the pastebin for the crashlog. Let me know if you need anything else from my end. http://pastebin.com/EnHH9bwS

I reinstalled as well before this crashlog, so I don't think the error is coming from a bad download, but I could very well be wrong.
I was able to replicate this crash... will look into it. One odd thing is that I tried it in the forestry worktable crafting table thing too and no crash, I get the sapling all fine.

Saliel0903

Jul 29, 2019
I was able to replicate this crash... will look into it. One odd thing is that I tried it in the forestry worktable crafting table thing too and no crash, I get the sapling all fine.

That'll have to be my workaround for now then. Thanks! I'm really enjoying the pack so far, by the way, other than that.

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
That'll have to be my workaround for now then. Thanks! I'm really enjoying the pack so far, by the way, other than that.
Thanks (and np)! I'm trying to figure out whether or not it's pam's harvestcraft (or maybe my config settings for it?) itself that causes this crash now. imo the Forestry worktable is actually pretty cool and underused anyway :)

EDIT: it seems to be specific to the save, and any iterations of it. When I make a new world with the pack (im not using lockdown) and craft an apple sapling, it's ok, but if I go back to the save with the actual map, it crashes upon taking the item. I'm kinda slowly (school just started so it'll probably get slower) working on a 1.7 version of the map so it will definitely be fixed in that version but i don't think I can fix it (other than completely regenning the world and importing the structures i made with mcedit which sounds like a lot of work for what i consider to be a smallish, albeit crash-inducing, bug).

Last edited:

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
As an fyi only the 'questline configs' do not show up in the ftb version, just the downloaded version, don't know if i missed that in the intro page or if it's just plain missing :)

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
As an fyi only the 'questline configs' do not show up in the ftb version, just the downloaded version, don't know if i missed that in the intro page or if it's just plain missing :)
Aww, guess they just didn't get uploaded with everything else... you can still copy them in from the dropbox version or I could possibly put add them to the minecraft folder (some work, mo' uploading, bleh, will fix it in the update to 1.7, for which im testing the modpack and waiting for mods to become more stable)

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
Upon spending most of the morning today getting mobs to fall into the smeltery and become blood ( :) ) , Selecting the quest in the book, right clicking it onto the QDS, and promptly depleted my blood from my tank, i noticed belatedly that while the QDS appeared activated (picture was on the side), it wasn't (no quest percentage etc), and i lost all my blood. I will test this later again on the iron, but wow.

Edit: tried this morning with iron same problem.
2014-09-02_07.08.12.png

Last edited:

bluchuv00

Jul 29, 2019
Upon spending most of the morning today getting mobs to fall into the smeltery and become blood ( :) ) , Selecting the quest in the book, right clicking it onto the QDS, and promptly depleted my blood from my tank, i noticed belatedly that while the QDS appeared activated (picture was on the side), it wasn't (no quest percentage etc), and i lost all my blood. I will test this later again on the iron, but wow.

Edit: tried this morning with iron same problem.
View attachment 12732
Must have put in the wrong blood type while making the quest (bad pun :p). Will try to fix.