[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Crash Landing Future as of today iv taken over as the main dev. Iskandar will still be involved just in a lesser capacity also we have been talking about the end game. Ruff plans are there will be 2 more vers before CL is done. I will work on finishing the ruins and getting 113 out my plans are to have a finished beta out in about 2 days then so long as there no major problems send in to FTB about a week from that so look for CL 113 in about a 1 ½ weeks. And while im finishing ver 113 Iskandar will be working on end game quest and ill be finishing the end builds for 114

So not much left to do on CL1 but id like to say thanks for all the support you all have given this pack and remember just because CL1 is coming to an end this is not the end of CL

Reactions: loboca

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
If you are gonna have to "collect craptons of stuff", I'd like there to be a reason for it. I've seen people suggest rebuilding the ship our building a new one which sounds good. I dont know if it's possible, but it'd be awesome if you actually saw the ship getting built like one piece at a time.
I dont feel actually building a new ship should be required, but I could see the gathering of such supplies as being part of the story. "Resources are needed to leave this planet".

Remember these are 'end-game' quests. By the time a player gets to the endgame, they'll have access to (and/or ways of creating) vast amounts of resources/Supplies. The quests for endgame should be long and drawn out so they give longevity to the map. As it is, within 2-3weeks of 'regular' gameplay(avg 1-2hrs per day), a player will, fairly easily, be able to complete the quest book.

Afterposting thoughts:
I've always felt the quests needed a bit of adjustment as far as the scale/pace they set for the map. I understand the first few are just to help new-players get up and running, but after the inital "I'm gonna die" phase of the map/quests, all can be done essentially back to back, leaving nothing to reach for after a player enters the 'mid-game' phase and beyond.

Last edited:

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
I dont feel actually building a new ship should be required, but I could see the gathering of such supplies as being part of the story. "Resources are needed to leave this planet".

Remember these are 'end-game' quests. By the time a player gets to the endgame, they'll have access to (and/or ways of creating) vast amounts of resources/Supplies. The quests for endgame should be long and drawn out so they give longevity to the map. As it is, within 2-3weeks of 'regular' gameplay(avg 1-2hrs per day), a player will, fairly easily, be able to complete the quest book.

Afterposting thoughts:
I've always felt the quests needed a bit of adjustment as far as the scale/pace they set for the map. I understand the first few are just to help new-players get up and running, but after the inital "I'm gonna die" phase of the map/quests, all can be done essentially back to back, leaving nothing to reach for after a player enters the 'mid-game' phase and beyond.
I don't think making tonnes of random materials essentially "just for the sake of it" really fits with the style of the map. The map's about survival, or escape.

Wumpsi

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism and perhaps Rotarycraft would be nice mods in CR with buildin tiering progress levels. Coressponding Quests around the mods will help to learn the mods.

zBob

Jul 29, 2019
Mekanism and perhaps Rotarycraft would be nice mods in CR with buildin tiering progress levels. Coressponding Quests around the mods will help to learn the mods.

I hope you are trying to make suggestions for CL2 and did not skip reading everything that is on this page of the thread...

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
I don't feel a need for an "end game", the end should be up to the player. Re-build the ship? Build a huge rocket with a nuclear reactor and a huge pyrotheum tank in it? Refurbish a city and populate it with villagers? Build a spawning zoo with every kind of mob in it? If the quest book had an end game, then that would discourage this kind of creativity. I'm planning on refurbishing a city.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
Next episode is up. i finish the mob trap that works fine. need to put in the hopper and chest for auto collecting. Next step is to go to the city.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I've reached the pinnacle of technology in Crash Landing now. This video is super long but the project was pretty big. Be sure and watch the one that comes after this one too if you want summery of how it works and see it working.

Galvas

Jul 29, 2019
I'll be holding this back for now since everyone is already doing it, but I'm looking forward to make a series on future CL2 xD

EstebianPlay

Jul 29, 2019
I not say in english only spanish. I have problems with the mission of bone crook, stone hammer, bone shovel head and bone axe head this problem is this objects bone shovel head and bone axe head no detect this and I stopped in the map. HELP ME.

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
I not say in english only spanish. I have problems with the mission of bone crook, stone hammer, bone shovel head and bone axe head this problem is this objects bone shovel head and bone axe head no detect this and I stopped in the map. HELP ME.

That's a known issue. You'll have to use /hqm edit as explained a few pages earlier in this forum.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Awesome! Should it be compatible with existing worlds? I'm going to give it a go anyway.

*Update* Seems ok so far, and, finally got Basic Survival 100% completed! Yay!
*Update* Except... there are NO mobs spawning. Not a single one, other than from spawners. Any ideas? I checked Options and it's still hardcore mode.

Last edited:

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome! Should it be compatible with existing worlds? I'm going to give it a go anyway.

*Update* Seems ok so far, and, finally got Basic Survival 100% completed! Yay!
yea theres a new map but it should work fine with old saves but i would make a back up of old saves befor playing just in case