[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
The problem is the giant/mutant oaks? Only way I know is enclosing/encasing the growth area with opaque blocks. I don't think there's a config made to disable them.[DOUBLEPOST=1414459811][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there an issue with Pam's crops and MFR Harvesters in this pack. Hand-planted 11x11 fields of Soy, Rice, Potatos, Onion, and Blackberry and put whatever leftover seeds I had into the Planters. Also have SFM sending seeds to respective Planters but I'm losing seeds somewhere [most of the the Soy, Rice, and Onion fields are now barren]. Each Harvester has an adjacent chest. SFM collects everything from these chests and first output are the Planters white-listed for seeds.

I know about the crop-to-seed conversion but it wasn't necessary when I did this in AgS. If the Harvester collects the entire crop during it's cycle, it should be collecting a seed and a crop for each harvest. I don't think this is the case tho, based on what I'm seeing [unless I've setup something wrong]. Anyone throw me a clue?

There's a config option in Hunger Overhaul which changes the seed/crop drop chances, basically crash landing's configs disable the seed drops from crops so you have to craft some of the products back to seeds in order to keep planting.

Reactions: SmokeLuvr1971

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@SmokeLuvr1971 Instead of a harvester You can use Autonomous Activators(set to rightclick) to pick crops directly infront of them without the crop being destroyed. So you don't have to worry about seed handling. I have 2 autonmous activators for each of the following: Grape, Strawberry, Kiwi, Blueberry, blackberry and respberry. Then 6 for peanuts. Generating more of each than I'm using by far.

Its more machinery to mass produce said crops as each plot needs it's own AA but its easy setup(use SFM to remove harvested items from AAs and put into storage) and no maintance afterwards

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
@SmokeLuvr1971 Instead of a harvester You can use Autonomous Activators(set to rightclick) to pick crops directly infront of them without the crop being destroyed. So you don't have to worry about seed handling. I have 2 autonmous activators for each of the following: Grape, Strawberry, Kiwi, Blueberry, blackberry and respberry. Then 6 for peanuts. Generating more of each than I'm using by far.
Hm, if AA's can do it with a right click, then SFM ought to be able to, but would be placed one block further away. Perhaps above, a ceiling of Block Gates? It would need a supply of items to right click with.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Hm, if AA's can do it with a right click, then SFM ought to be able to, but would be placed one block further away. Perhaps above, a ceiling of Block Gates? It would need a supply of items to right click with.
There's a few draw backs with block gates:
1: You'd have to use an item that can't be placed, otherwise they destroy the crop
2: You have to have item valves not only to pick up the item the BlockGate spit out, but also any harvested crop

ratchet freak

Nov 11, 2012
1: You'd have to use an item that can't be placed, otherwise they destroy the crop
2: You have to have item valves not only to pick up the item the BlockGate spit out, but also any harvested crop
sticks or bonemeal will do nicely ;)

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Sure. But the advantage of having a large densely packed farm area, that you can walk around in due to the gates being above head height, and the fact that you don't need PCBs to make it, are compelling. Not sure how you'd light up the area, I don't know if a glowstone nook placed between the block gate and the crop would be in the way of the right-click.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Sure. But the advantage of having a large densely packed farm area, that you can walk around in due to the gates being above head height, and the fact that you don't need PCBs to make it, are compelling. Not sure how you'd light up the area, I don't know if a glowstone nook placed between the block gate and the crop would be in the way of the right-click.
You'd have to water the fields, above the water, place a glowstone block, above that place the item valve[DOUBLEPOST=1414492277][/DOUBLEPOST]
sticks or bonemeal will do nicely ;)
I can see the advantages of using bonemeal, but using an SFM-rapid-pulser, I see a large supply if it being drained quickly with large fields.[DOUBLEPOST=1414493371][/DOUBLEPOST]So, sticking to chunk boundaries, You can fit a 14x14 farm in, using 4 water sources, and 4 rapid item valves, and the rest block gates. Still experimenting, will post when I have something worth showing.

Edits/Updates: I've ran into a snag and I'm not sure what's causing it or how to fix.
Using a 14x14 field, of which 4 blocks are consumed for water/light/item-Valve, there's a total of 192 Block Gates. The issue arrises when trying to distribute items to all the block gates. Only about 1/2 are receiving the items:
Code:
Trigger(default) -> Input(From barrel, whitelist 192 sticks) -> Output(Block gate, whitelist 1 stick)
I've tried setting the output command to run for each inventory, as well as the default to no avail. Also tried dividing the blockgates up into seperate triggers and still get wonky behavior

Last edited:

xcuad

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replay about the mob griefing off... It work without problem today :confused: anyways... I notice at night that bats are spawning outside my walls... I though they spawn in low lvl... Not in ship lvl

Badgerpendous

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for the replay about the mob griefing off... It work without problem today :confused: anyways... I notice at night that bats are spawning outside my walls... I though they spawn in low lvl... Not in ship lvl

Yeah, the beta has a real bat infestation/problem! I believe it's being addressed though.

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
Bats spawn below 64, I believe, if the light level is low enough and the "can see the sun" flag is false.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Only time I really noticed a bat problem was when I was installing the spider-proofing. That overhang [I used micro-block posts] was enough room to allow bat spawning and [somehow] far enough away from the nooks lighting the top of the wall to be outside the safe zone. As soon as I threw down some lighting on top of the wall...no more bats.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
There should be a more obvious warning that you need to right-click the sync constructor when you build it and every time you die.

I got a sync core deep into the hard questline, built a constructor for the first time, and happily went for a second trip to the city. In which I immediately had a jetpack accident due to trying to conserve battery power. So I respawn, and start running back to the city to pick up my stuff. Then I realize, wtf am I doing? I go back to the ship to wait until my next respawn is ready, and to my horror find out that it isn't being built. Wtf indeed...

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
There should be a more obvious warning that you need to right-click the sync constructor when you build it and every time you die.

I got a sync core deep into the hard questline, built a constructor for the first time, and happily went for a second trip to the city. In which I immediately had a jetpack accident due to trying to conserve battery power. So I respawn, and start running back to the city to pick up my stuff. Then I realize, wtf am I doing? I go back to the ship to wait until my next respawn is ready, and to my horror find out that it isn't being built. Wtf indeed...
Awww. But to get the constructor to work the first time, you had to have righted clicked it, right?

And you probably stuck around long enough to check it out to make sure it was running before you ran off to do something dangerous, right? Like, trying to figure out how it works since it's the first time you're using it. Hmm, it's not building me. Nothing's happening. Left click it. Right click it. Oww. SOmething is attacking me!? Oh! Something is happening to it! Maybe the shell attacked me? Hmmm, it's still not doing anything. I heard something about power. Let's try powering it up. Ohhh! It's a miracle. I'm born again. Now, I know how it runs.

Then after your moment of eureka, if you forgot to do it the next time then? :D

BTW, get a potato and you no longer need to conserve power for your jetpack. Luv the spud.:p

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019

I get what you're saying here [always investigate new mod mechanics]...but I believe @Desman was complaining about how you need to provide a DNA sample every single time you want the Shell Constructor to work and the lack of any instruction telling you to do so.

I too think this could/should be explained better in the quest book.

Desman

Sep 23, 2014
And you probably stuck around long enough to check it out to make sure it was running before you ran off to do something dangerous, right?
No, that would be the sensible thing to do :D

I was half-way to the city with no food in the middle of the day before I miraculously remembered that this is the sort of thing that gets me killed all the time in this mod. So I went back to stock up and saw the empty constructor... I kinda assumed it would auto-build me indefinitely.

joshuad156

Jul 29, 2019
I noticed the bat problem too. I played 1.1.3 the same way I've played the last few versions. Never had a bat problem before. Now they're EVERWHERE!

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
I noticed the bat problem too. I played 1.1.3 the same way I've played the last few versions. Never had a bat problem before. Now they're EVERWHERE!

It's nothing to do with you and everything to do with the new cities. Being underground they are likely able to spawn bats in certain places.

nefentari

Jul 29, 2019
I'm currently running through water bottles (version 1.1.2.1) really fast and I'm usually at 37-38°, so I want to redo my area now. I know that machines and lava heat up the place but is there also a way to cool it down again? Furthermore, what exactly makes me hot if I'm outside of the ship? Is it the dust and/or the sand? So is it better to replace the dust on the floor with something else or can I just build a roof and seperate rooms for the machines and the smeltery and I'll be fine?