[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Amatsu

Jul 29, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm one of the folks working on that enlarged ship map Ichibanban shown above. As he said above, we're still working out the logistics of having a larger group. So far, we've upped the starting Beef Jerky to 12, since in our first run with the default shuttle, we quickly ran out of food before we could get solid production going with 3 people. Other then that, there's no current content changes, though we briefly toyed with the idea of a second Needlegun.

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
hey i managed to crash my game i dont how haha just wondering if anyone knows why it also deletes the level.dat but even when i make a new one and land it it deletes that thanks max

Please use pastebin or at least spoilers for crash logs next time

Based on this:
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.loadData(QuestingData.java:603)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:509)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:493)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:399)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:428)

I'd say it's probably corrupt HQM files, try deleting them or loading the backup files.

they can be found at (your world save folder)/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat and players.dat-backup

*Disclaimer
needless to say, if you value your world, backup all files before you go tampering in the save folder.
*/Disclaimer

deleting "players.dat" may fix your problem, but will almost certainly wipe your quest progress
deleting "players.dat" and renaming "players.dat-backup" to "players.dat" is less likely to fix the problem, but if it does it might and let you keep quest progress.

as for level.dat being deleted, the only circumstance where that would happen legitimately is if you die, and hit the 'delete world' button.

edit: spells & "'s

Reactions: Yoshi667

Palindrome

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a lot of people ask me about an issue where the launcher won't start crash landing when you click launch. I know it's the launcher's fault, but I haven't been able to find much about the issue. If you guys know anything, could you point me towards it so I can help people out?

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
what can i use instead "red alloy wire" i want to set a lot of bridges so i can close them with one lever...
signal bus and terminal from Tconstruct work like short range wirless redstone

I wonder how DW is avoiding the huge craters then. I also remember what hexerin said being the case before, so I'm really clueless how dw / pahimar are avoiding those things. very strange. I call haxx on dw20.
because in 112 mobgreifing is broken and Iskandar said to use gamerule mobGriefing false to fix this

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I've had a lot of people ask me about an issue where the launcher won't start crash landing when you click launch. I know it's the launcher's fault, but I haven't been able to find much about the issue. If you guys know anything, could you point me towards it so I can help people out?
Without more details it's hard to say..... I do think a common issue we've been seeing is people needing to have Java 7 installed instead of Java 8.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Without more details it's hard to say..... I do think a common issue we've been seeing is people needing to have Java 7 installed instead of Java 8.

I had this problem when I was playing AgS. I didn't have to uninstall Java8, just install Java7 and point the launcher to it. It may also not be the launcher 'per say' as I vaguely remember Java asking to update.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
signal bus and terminal from Tconstruct work like short range wirless redstone

because in 112 mobgreifing is broken and Iskandar said to use gamerule mobGriefing false to fix this
I don't think gideon is using 112 and even then, he confirmed that mobgriefing is false, so I'm clueless....

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
so, with my 15 sieves/sfm and a very very deep tank and 1 high oven with a tiny AE system in between, with all the processing, etc... my oven can't keep up :( I'm thinking I'll have to expand to multiple high ovens but the problem is the deep tank derps when it gets too full, so I guess I'll always have a backlog. who needs a freaking MFR laser now? I am so swimming in ores I paved my roads with ferrous, gold, redid my base in platinum and thinking of making myself some invar tighty whities :) ouch, chafing just thinking about that.

third.world.issues.resources.png

Reactions: ScottieC

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
I've been resisting because I would need to rebuild the shuttle and all the end game buildings, completely redo my quests redo all my config files and restart my Minetweaker stuff pretty much from scratch. Nothing, more or less, of 1.6.4 Crash landing would be salvageable. which is just painful. But at this point the benefits outweigh all that.

Personally, as with any large task, I review the time it would take versus benefit. Since you said in your previous post that you would be looking at several months to upgrade the currant map to 1.7.10, perhaps looking at Crash Landing 2 upgrading is a better choice? Seems that most folks are happy playing with the 1.6.4 mostly 'as is'. I'm still playing an un-updated version and am enjoying it. People who know 1.6.4 mods, know that there are bugs that won't be fixed, and work around them. Ignore those that don't and spam you. IMO burdening yourself with such a big job to update existing, when you've said before you would probably do a CL2 anyway... ? btw great to see you back in the forums and doing better :)

edit: of course i wrote this before reading further and see others have said the same lol sorry for the dupes

Palindrome

Jul 29, 2019
I had this problem when I was playing AgS. I didn't have to uninstall Java8, just install Java7 and point the launcher to it. It may also not be the launcher 'per say' as I vaguely remember Java asking to update.
I've been telling people to check this, but so far it seems like it hasn't been their issue. Ah well, thanks guys.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
my understanding is that the vanilla gamerule doesn't apply to special mobs.
It applies to special mobs. It doesn't apply to pneumaticraft creeper seeds, which aren't mobs.

Any creeper has a chance of dropping one of these seeds when it dies. These seeds are weaker than tiny TNT but they will remove dust blocks they're in contact with when they explode. If you're working on that side of the shuttle overnight a lot of creepers will die in the pyrotheum if it isn't blocked up, producing lots of pneumaticraft creeper seed explostions.

This is why mob trap kill rooms have to be built sturdy, even with mobGriefing set to false.

This is why you hear explosions all the time around a mob trap even when you know the mobs aren't fighting themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teebor and Tylor

cannajan

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys I'm having several difficulties I'm having and help would really let me progress. I've tried for ages to work them out and searching doesn't seem to help me.

1: How do you plant Ex Nilhilo Cactus seeds?
2: Best way to get nether quartz?
3: Easiest way to farm squid seeds and lightning seeds? (for transistors and capacitors)

throw onto sand
sieve soul sand = sand in barrel of witch water = water in barrel on mycilium (seed from sieving sand)
make a 1 deep 1x1 hole with soil/water at bottom to make planting easier, bonemeal them twice and break to increase seeds.
hope it helps :)

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Four power plants in one city, perhaps a clue to what happened to this world.
vMgLpsH.jpg

Last edited:

AJ Plaze

Jul 29, 2019
Speaking of let's plays, I was watching someone. Why do so many people insist on eating one piece of food from one type of food at a time. You can eat 6 breads in one shot. You don't have to eat 1 bread, then 1 toast, then 1 spider soup, then 1 apple juice, then 1 fruit salad, then 1 zombie jerky etc. He had bread at "not eaten recently" and still ate all that random stuff wasting time. Wasn't role playing or anything either.
For me i do it out of habit, on my smp world we have it set to you can only eat two foods before it diminishes.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
I came across this issue. My problem was that I had recently upgraded to Java 8 and I needed to rollback to Java 7, it's easy to do and takes about 3 minutes. An easy way to tell if it's this issue is if they can not load anything in FTB. I tested this with CL, AG, and DW20 pack. The launcher would boot up fine, as soon as I went to launch it would run it but then have an exception and exit.

Edit: Just saw your post about this not being the issue. The other thing I would do is back up my world saves then re-download the launcher and packs. A fresh install should remove any issues with corrupt or missing files.

Last edited:
Reactions: Palindrome

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
It applies to special mobs. It doesn't apply to pneumaticraft creeper seeds, which aren't mobs.

Any creeper has a chance of dropping one of these seeds when it dies. These seeds are weaker than tiny TNT but they will remove dust blocks they're in contact with when they explode. If you're working on that side of the shuttle overnight a lot of creepers will die in the pyrotheum if it isn't blocked up, producing lots of pneumaticraft creeper seed explostions.

This is why mob trap kill rooms have to be built sturdy, even with mobGriefing set to false.

This is why you hear explosions all the time around a mob trap even when you know the mobs aren't fighting themselves.
Really? I've never experienced this. I've had the seeds destroy ducts, converyors, and microblocks (basically anything not a full block) but never dust or anything else.[DOUBLEPOST=1410610799][/DOUBLEPOST]
Do any of you know how to get dirt faster than by shearing leaves
You can use anything organic such as zombie flesh, seeds, etc. Shearing would be the fastest way though as it produces a large amount of material. Of course then you have to weigh up dirt over water. I prefer water and use the other organic material for the dirt.

Other than that I can't think of another way to create dirt. It would be awesome to have a terraformer of some sort that sucks bulk power (kind of like the laser drill). If there was something that could change biomes into other biomes that would be awesome, a true terraformer. It should only be an endgame item and should require a massive reactor but it should be possible.

Sebas759

Jul 29, 2019
just build a wall. The only things that get in are spiders and i can kill them in 1 hit.
The only problem is that if you get out at of my base at night youre guaranteed to die. Also to me this is better than agrarian skies.[DOUBLEPOST=1410611023][/DOUBLEPOST]
Really? I've never experienced this. I've had the seeds destroy ducts, converyors, and microblocks (basically anything not a full block) but never dust or anything else.[DOUBLEPOST=1410610799][/DOUBLEPOST]
You can use anything organic such as zombie flesh, seeds, etc. Shearing would be the fastest way though as it produces a large amount of material. Of course then you have to weigh up dirt over water. I prefer water and use the other organic material for the dirt.

Other than that I can't think of another way to create dirt. It would be awesome to have a terraformer of some sort that sucks bulk power (kind of like the laser drill). If there was something that could change biomes into other biomes that would be awesome, a true terraformer. It should only be an endgame item and should require a massive reactor but it should be possible.
Galacticraft terraformer search it up