[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

Kyre

Jul 29, 2019
I'm playing around with MineTweaker to try to get the Camel Pack to fill / extract correctly in the Fluid Transposer, but I'm running into some problems. I'll post what I have thus far:

Code:
CamelPack = <5260>;
# These two lines correctly extract and fill Camel Packs that are completely full and completely empty, respectively.
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addExtractRecipe(CamelPack, CamelPack.withDamage(100), waterLiquid*4000, 6400, 100);
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addFillRecipe(CamelPack.withDamage(100), CamelPack, waterLiquid*4000, 6400);
# These two lines try to do the same thing as above, but with partially full camel packs (camel packs with arbitrary damage). They don't work, but don't return syntax errors.
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addExtractRecipe(CamelPack.damaged, CamelPack.withDamage(100), waterLiquid*4000, 6400, 100);
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addFillRecipe(CamelPack.damaged, CamelPack, waterLiquid*4000, 6400);

I'm trying to model the syntax I've gleaned from http://minetweaker.powerofbytes.com/wiki/CraftingRecipes. It appears that modtweaker parses the damaged field but doesn't do anything with it. Does anyone know of a good way to do what I'm trying to do, or am I stuck doing something like the following?

Code:
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addFillRecipe(CamelPack.withDamage(100), CamelPack, waterLiquid*4000, 6400);
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addFillRecipe(CamelPack.withDamage(99), CamelPack, waterLiquid*3960, 6336);
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addFillRecipe(CamelPack.withDamage(98), CamelPack, waterLiquid*3920, 6272);
etc.

Palindrome

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar
Thank you so much for putting together this challenge map! I decided to do my first ever video on it!
I put a ton of work into the video, so even if you aren't interested in watching a let's play you might like to see my little machinima intro where I show my take on how the ship crash landed. (This was made before the log files were a thing)

Hope you enjoy!

JohnnyMobbins

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, Palindrome your video is fantastic.
I love the intro and all the extra effort you went to with the production. Its also really nice to hear a female voice on a lets play.

Keep up the great work!

Reactions: Palindrome

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
The change to tall grass and hoe function on grass blocks is from the Hunger Overhaul mod's default config settings. I have *ALWAYS* changed these settings for exactly the reasons you describe. In this pack, though, it feels much less out of place. >:]

Did a creeper touch the fuel leak and explode? You really need to make sealing that off a priority, because if a creeper touches pyrotheum they seem to cause a large explosion that ignores /gamerule mobGriefing settings. You'll eventually end up with a *huge* crater there.

as far as the creeper, this is mid-game. I've already moved the pyrotheum to a new location safely away from ship. funny how that stuff turns cobble into stone on the ground when you place it. it's under a crucible one deep in sand surrounded by cobble doing lava fabrication. But, I know what you mean. Early game, I had no means to move it and a creeper or two did blow up from that stuff and morning was interesting coming out of ship to see half my land gone!

It was a wierd one-off.

Palindrome

Jul 29, 2019
Wow, Palindrome your video is fantastic.
I love the intro and all the extra effort you went to with the production. Its also really nice to hear a female voice on a lets play.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks so so much! You're my first ever subscriber, wow! It means so much to me that you liked it. I'm going to go to bed with a huge smile on my face - thank you. :D

Prezombie

Jul 29, 2019
I've tried more than a dozen times, but I simply keep failing to survive more than two nights. Hard mode with all the optional mods on is absolutely brutal!

On the first day, I grow a tree, build the TiCon suite, get a nice shovel, and then collect as much dust as I can. That night, I sift as much as I can, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to get enough stones to build a slab furnace (but never enough for a furnace and a stone hammer).

Second day, if I manage to kill off all the sunlight resistant mobs, I collect a tree's worth of leaves, then try to get as much wood as I can before nightfall. Second night I make barrels, a knife, whatever armour I can, but even if I manage to clean up the place a second time, those two dawn fights use up all my food and hunger, leaving me slow and helpless.

I simply don't know how to improve this problem.

Pink RAM

Jul 29, 2019
@Iskandar
Thank you so much for putting together this challenge map! I decided to do my first ever video on it!
I put a ton of work into the video, so even if you aren't interested in watching a let's play you might like to see my little machinima intro where I show my take on how the ship crash landed. (This was made before the log files were a thing)

Hope you enjoy!

Brilliant video I will definitely be watching more in the future. Keep it up!

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I've tried more than a dozen times, but I simply keep failing to survive more than two nights. Hard mode with all the optional mods on is absolutely brutal!

On the first day, I grow a tree, build the TiCon suite, get a nice shovel, and then collect as much dust as I can. That night, I sift as much as I can, and sometimes I'm lucky enough to get enough stones to build a slab furnace (but never enough for a furnace and a stone hammer).

Second day, if I manage to kill off all the sunlight resistant mobs, I collect a tree's worth of leaves, then try to get as much wood as I can before nightfall. Second night I make barrels, a knife, whatever armour I can, but even if I manage to clean up the place a second time, those two dawn fights use up all my food and hunger, leaving me slow and helpless.

Identify what is causing you the most grief and attempt to resolve that grief somehow, rinse repeat. For me, it's the daylight mobs as you said, so upon new restart, first thing I do is build myself a simple wall and pit outside that I will expand in a few days, but enough to keep everything but spiders out. make it small enough so even tho it's not lit up, they won't spawn in an X radius around you, and you have bought yourself some time.

Finish as many quests as you can in short succession to get rewards to move forward.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019

Are you building a defensive wall with a trench on the other side? Containing the sunlight-resistant mobs lets you drop dust on them to kill without hunger loss. I don't know how many of the special mobs are gonna give you problems, though. I can't use that mod because my whole world lags to the point of unplayability as soon as night falls.

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
Wow this pack is gaining popularity @Iskandar a quick google search of Crash Landing HQM turned up dozens of vids. To think that when I saw the first thread i ignored it completly as someone trying to make a AS rip-off makes me want to kick myself. Congrats man!

Deathmint

Jul 29, 2019

Add another subscriber to the list. I'm sold.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I'm playing around with MineTweaker to try to get the Camel Pack to fill / extract correctly in the Fluid Transposer, but I'm running into some problems. I'll post what I have thus far:

Code:
CamelPack = <5260>;
# These two lines correctly extract and fill Camel Packs that are completely full and completely empty, respectively.
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addExtractRecipe(CamelPack, CamelPack.withDamage(100), waterLiquid*4000, 6400, 100);
# These two lines try to do the same thing as above, but with partially full camel packs (camel packs with arbitrary damage). They don't work, but don't return syntax errors.
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addExtractRecipe(CamelPack.damaged, CamelPack.withDamage(100), waterLiquid*4000, 6400, 100);
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addFillRecipe(CamelPack.damaged, CamelPack, waterLiquid*4000, 6400);

I'm trying to model the syntax I've gleaned from http://minetweaker.powerofbytes.com/wiki/CraftingRecipes. It appears that modtweaker parses the damaged field but doesn't do anything with it. Does anyone know of a good way to do what I'm trying to do, or am I stuck doing something like the following?

Code:
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addFillRecipe(CamelPack.withDamage(99), CamelPack, waterLiquid*3960, 6336);
mods.thermalexpansion.transposer.addFillRecipe(CamelPack.withDamage(98), CamelPack, waterLiquid*3920, 6272);
etc.
As far as I can tell, the transposer cannot handle items with durability very well, and cannot handle arbitrary damage values at all.[DOUBLEPOST=1406345542][/DOUBLEPOST]
@Iskandar

Hope you enjoy!

That was awesome! Linking that to the front page.

Reactions: Palindrome

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
So I just learned two things. Silk touch on a TC scythe acts like shears on much bigger area, and you can work on getting moss and/or obsidian plate on it or even repair it, which allows you to get leaves w/o having to replace shears all the time.

Second, I got this from a video I just watched and it seems so simple stupid I can't believe I didn't know this already. Putting a bucket in a casting table will net you a bucket of that liquid. dur. I've been pouring into a tank, get liquid bucket, pour tank back into smeltery.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Ok, normally I'm pretty good at figuring out a crash and fixing the problem. This has me baffled. I keep getting this crash whenever I try to generate a WalledCity using Formivore's generator updated here. @Shane2482 hasmanaged to get it running on a copy of Crash Landing but his configs are not solving the issue for me. I've had it, at this point. If I can't find a solution, I'll have to scrap WalledCities entirely. While not the end of the world, I would rather figure this out if I can.

Emitt54321

Jul 29, 2019
Chances are this won't be helpful at all and I'm just talking out my butt, but the only thing I notice in the error report you listed that I can make sense of is that you're running with this new mod with only 256mb of permagen memory. Considering how with half the mod load I was barely able to run any of my modpacks with this paltry amount of memory you should probably increase it to 512mb or 1g. I would think that spawning a bunch of ruins would be rather memory taxing, and the error, (with what I researched in the last few minutes), either means a memory overload or just bad coding on the mod authors part that's causing an infinite loop, it's possibly worth a shot.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
did you delete the old generator mods folder before using mine because iv removed a lot of things to keep it from trying to do to much

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
did you delete the old generator mods folder before using mine because iv removed a lot of things to keep it from trying to do to much
Yup. If this is a memory issue, than this might be it for this mod. I have set me memory settings low to make sure that Crash Landing runs reasonably on older systems...and if WalledCities can't handle I will have to yank it.

Reactions: pc_assassin

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
ok im running 2g mem. If this is a problem i don't know what to do iv tried spawning cities with ruins and that crashes me but no fear ill figure something out

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
ok im running 2g mem. If this is a problem i don't know what to do iv tried spawning cities with ruins and that crashes me but no fear ill figure something out

what about disabling the walls mod by default that way people can try for themselves and if they cant there will still be the ruins mod

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Hah. I may have fixed it. I turned the city generation way, way down. I think too many cities were trying to generate in one spot...and it was kicking up a fuss with the minimum distance between cities rule. Well, ok then.

Edit: HAH! Fixed! Yeah, setting the global frequency at 1 to force generate cities was tryingto get them to generate on top of each other...which caused an infinite loop. Setting this to 0.015 fixed that.