[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Just started this a few days ago. So many restarts. Finally ported over Aroma Backups so I don't lose progression...but still. Anyway, found something strange with the mini-smeltry. ItemDuct underneath casting table [with ingot cast] set to extract into chest. Fluiduct pulling molten out of Crucible and pouring into casting table. Fluiduct is leaving 1mb of any metal mini-smeltry. Havent's figured out a way to get that 1mb out without breaking the crucible each time.
Try logging out then signing back in

nitrodog96

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the quest book thing... it won't let me exit out of the quest I'm in and get back to the quest web screen. How can I do this?

chitamen

Jul 29, 2019
Need Help! This happened to me after lights going off due to energy probleams... Eletricity problems shut down the computer..
And then when I started the server this error shows up...
---- Minecraft Crash Report ----
// Don't do that.

Time: 06-09-2014 22:45
Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.NullPointerException
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.<init>(QuestingData.java:514)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.readAllData(QuestingData.java:473)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData$1.read(QuestingData.java:399)
at hardcorequesting.network.FileHelper.loadData(FileHelper.java:102)
at hardcorequesting.QuestingData.load(QuestingData.java:428)
at hardcorequesting.WorldEventListener.onLoad(WorldEventListener.java:23)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler_142_WorldEventListener_onLoad_Load.invoke(.dynamic)
at net.minecraftforge.event.ASMEventHandler.invoke(ASMEventHandler.java:39)
at net.minecraftforge.event.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:108)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71247_a(MinecraftServer.java:259)
at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71197_b(DedicatedServer.java:187)
at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:445)
at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:583)

tdkmcgaming

Jul 29, 2019
The Modpack Keeps say "unable to launch for me, i've tried reinstalling and force updating, doesnt change.

MCVersion: 164
Logging in...
Beginning authlib authentication attempt
successfully created YggdrasilAuthenticationService
Login complete.
CrashLanding
Downloading Mod Pack
Issue with new md5 method, attempting to use backup method.
Local: 19D2E7C6D3E69C5AEBD0AF39DF5C98A1
Remote: 19D2E7C6D3E69C5AEBD0AF39DF5C98A1
Mods Folder: C:\Users\TDK\Desktop\Desktop\Minecraft\ftb\CrashLanding\minecraft\mods
Dynamic Folder: C:\Users\TDK\AppData\Local\ftblauncher\ModPacks\CrashLanding\minecraft\mods
dirs mk'd
Checking local assets file, for MC version1.6.4 Please wait!
Checking/Downloading 19 assets, this may take a while...
Asset downloading complete
Setting up native libraries for Crash Landing v Recommended Version MC 1.6.4
Syncing Assets:
Java Path: C:\Program Files\Java\jre7\bin\javaw.exe
Pack: Crash Landing 1.6.4
Setting MinMemory to 256
Setting MaxMemory to 2048
Defaulting PermSize to 256m
Sep 06, 2014 5:49:37 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
INFO: Loading tweak class name cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
Sep 06, 2014 5:49:37 PM net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LogWrapper log
SEVERE: Unable to launch
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: cpw.mods.fml.common.launcher.FMLTweaker
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:102)
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:94)
at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:27)

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Hey guys, I'm having trouble with the quest book thing... it won't let me exit out of the quest I'm in and get back to the quest web screen. How can I do this?
right click anywhere on the quest book UI. if that doesn't work, quit the game completely and then relaunch.

@chitamen @tdkmcgaming: stop posting full crashlogs on the forum. use pastebin, then post a link here.

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
Whilst I was looking up how to use the sync shell storage I realised it can be used remotely to transfer control from one shell to another.
(You can use it to teleport). Your inventory is not transported though. I like it. I am going to setup mini bases with shells in them. :)

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
Whilst I was looking up how to use the sync shell storage I realised it can be used remotely to transfer control from one shell to another.
(You can use it to teleport). Your inventory is not transported though. I like it. I am going to setup mini bases with shells in them. :)

This is an amazing use of the sync shells. Set up some vanilla Ender Chests at the various locations and you don't even need to worry about the fact they don't share inventory. It's awesome!

Reactions: Bagman817

ScottieC

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that the sync mod was designed with this is mind more than hardcore recovery.
The mod maker was inspired by GTA V character swapping.
There are other ways to teleport.. but this is less cheaty. :)

Last edited:

Antaioz

Jul 29, 2019
If it's a corrupt world, the quickest / easiest resolution will be to load your backup.
More specifically, It looks like the hardcore questing mod data has been corrupt (based on the error log).

you can try going into your save and deleting (MAKE A COPY OF THE WORLD BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING) the HQM data, based on a quick look through a save file it seems to be a players.dat flie in the HardcoreQuesting folder (so, saves/world/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat). But you'll probably lose all of your quest book progress...

However it looks like (in my save atleast) HQM backs-up its players.dat file, there's another file in there called players.dat-backup. If you have the same file you can try renaming/copying it to players.dat in an effort to restore your quest progress.

absolute last resort is to use MCEdit to copy out the bits of the world you want, and then paste them into a new world. which would definitely mean losing quest progress.

That's as far as I'm going to go, because honestly, without a backup it's less hassle to just start over.

Reactions: chitamen

chitamen

Jul 29, 2019
More specifically, It looks like the hardcore questing mod data has been corrupt (based on the error log).

you can try going into your save and deleting (MAKE A COPY OF THE WORLD BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING) the HQM data, based on a quick look through a save file it seems to be a players.dat flie in the HardcoreQuesting folder (so, saves/world/HardcoreQuesting/players.dat). But you'll probably lose all of your quest book progress...

However it looks like (in my save atleast) HQM backs-up its players.dat file, there's another file in there called players.dat-backup. If you have the same file you can try renaming/copying it to players.dat in an effort to restore your quest progress.

absolute last resort is to use MCEdit to copy out the bits of the world you want, and then paste them into a new world. which would definitely mean losing quest progress.

That's as far as I'm going to go, because honestly, without a backup it's less hassle to just start over.

Thank you both for the help! I solved it ^^

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
I didn't see any point in a large AE system since you can't get it until very late game, after most of the functionality I want from AE isn't that useful. By the time I can do it with AE in Crash Landing I've already done it with something else that is much cheaper. In my main world all I had for AE was crafting terminal, drive with a mix of fluid and item cells, and an interface. I just used it for my junk that there wasn't enough of to be worth a barrel.
Mostly I'd like a MAC because I'm getting annoyed with crafting all the logic cards. If I could just make a stack of them at a time it wouldn't bother me, but since they don't stack, storing them is a pain. I guess I could throw them in a barrel or filing cabinet, though. Hadn't thought to do that because it's not mass quantities for a barrel, and I rarely use filing cabinets (mostly just for mana beans and those things wisps drop whose name I forget.)

Mid-game/late-game most of my redstone comes from ore, either from city chests, laser drill, or deep dark.
I haven't raided a city thoroughly yet (it's not really the sort of thing I enjoy in Minecraft) so no laser drill or found ores for me. No wither yet either, so no deep dark (not that I've ever been there or made an unstable ingot before either....) I'm sort of in a weird mid/late game in some areas and completely undeveloped in others state.

Type1Ninja

Jul 29, 2019
It seems that the sync mod was designed with this is mind more than hardcore recovery.
The mod maker was inspired by GTA V character swapping.
There are other ways to teleport.. but this is less cheaty. :)
Yes. It really annoys me that everyone is getting excited over the purpose of sync. T_T
I mean, come on, people. You get mad at me for not looking stuff up.

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
for those 1 or 2 ppl that dont know Sundee heres the stats Direwolf ep1 159,256 views over 2 weeks ago
Sundee Ep1 529,973 views yesterday

Reactions: ScottieC