[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
TnT generators are great, IMO. I've used one for quite a while. 2 Reactant Dynamos and a single Grinder and I still have all the gunpowder I need for my single TnT generator. It's 80RF/t for 2 mins per piece of TnT, but it runs like the Survivalist Generator, only eating a piece of TnT when the last one has run out AND it needs power. This makes it far superior to other generators, IMO, that will eat and eat and eat and waste power all day long.

So yeah, I love them. Remember, they are loud, noisey, and do hurt, even thru walls. And the explosion isn't always tiny, by any stretch of the imagination. So yeah...FAR away from your base. The upside is the explosions don't grief, even microblocks, so you're good on that front.
One time, I had been playing and saved near where the tnt gen was. Next day, I loaded up game, groggy, just woke up. And the gen noise kicked in before it was muffled by sound muffler (must have for this gen). I was rofl since I thought I loaded up COD or something. Then I was like, crap, the mobs have advanced and have weaponry/artillery. crap, get to cover! :)

I was under the impression that the EU gens, the dynamos, all of them essentially stopped working when their buffer was full and stopped more things from being used.

Except for the solar gen which is special, all the EU gens, to me lack redstone control which bugs the crap out of me. I wish they had some way to disable them.

One of my first investments as I tech up the TE tree is to get alot of enderium to make resonant strongboxes and energy cells. If we get enderIO tho, that'll change and I'll invest in the capacitors and create a very large one as resources allow. That way, you can run everything on battery and not worry as much about something running out all the time. I think if that's the case, I'll start a huge farm of pigs on treadmills.... :)

If natura is in pack, my goto setup for energy tho is bloodwood trees -> redstone farm via mfr -> heated redstone -> EU redstone gen. that thing is so OP even moreso than lava/magmatics since you can produce more then enough redstone for anything you can desire. I could scale it high enough to run mfr laser drills (like 3 in agskies, each with 4 prechargers).

Vaeliorin

Jul 29, 2019
TnT generators are great, IMO. I've used one for quite a while. 2 Reactant Dynamos and a single Grinder and I still have all the gunpowder I need for my single TnT generator. It's 80RF/t for 2 mins per piece of TnT, but it runs like the Survivalist Generator, only eating a piece of TnT when the last one has run out AND it needs power. This makes it far superior to other generators, IMO, that will eat and eat and eat and waste power all day long.

So yeah, I love them. Remember, they are loud, noisey, and do hurt, even thru walls. And the explosion isn't always tiny, by any stretch of the imagination. So yeah...FAR away from your base. The upside is the explosions don't grief, even microblocks, so you're good on that front.
I was actually planning to bury the generators and have SFM craft the TNT for them and keep them filled. I kind of want to make the entire floor of my base out of inventory cables, but I don't think I have enough redstone for that (it's the only resource I'm short on, except maybe emeralds, and I'm only short on those because I used a bunch making programs for the PC assembly line (which, by the by, seems to derp out if you change the program in it) and getting a villager spawn egg...that I'll never use (I hate villlagers.))

It's too bad there's no way to get power from arrows...but now I'm wondering how zombie jerky does in a culinary generator...

DragonDai

Jul 29, 2019
I was under the impression that the EU gens, the dynamos, all of them essentially stopped working when their buffer was full and stopped more things from being used.

Yeah, this has not been the case in my game. Never really messed with EU generators beyond Survivalist before, but yeah. In my game I have 5 Ender Generators, a billion Survivalist, a TnT, and a High Temp Furnace. The HTF and the EG will take ANY amount of fuel you want to put it in and "eat" all of it right away. Each piece of fuel will add time to the total time the generator runs, but if the generators internal buffer fills up and there is no where for the energy to go, the timer still ticks down. As an example, you can drop an inventory full of Ender Pearls into an EG, and it will gobble them all up and then run for days. But if it doesn't have somewhere to put the power, tough luck.

The Survivalist and TnT generator, on the other hand, eat their fuel 1 piece at a time. If their buffer fills up and they have no where to send the power, they will still finish burning off their last piece of fuel (aka, wasting power, just like the EG or HTF above), but they will not eat another piece of fuel after that until their buffer drains. This is very very useful, and it really makes the TnT generator stand out IMO.

If natura is in pack, my goto setup for energy tho is bloodwood trees -> redstone farm via mfr -> heated redstone -> EU redstone gen. that thing is so OP even moreso than lava/magmatics since you can produce more then enough redstone for anything you can desire. I could scale it high enough to run mfr laser drills (like 3 in agskies, each with 4 prechargers).

When I reset my world for 1.3, this is going to be my go-to source of power gen. You can get infinite redstone and infinite lava...and you can get them VERY quickly if you set up right. So yeah, this is gana be the way I go.

Ibut now I'm wondering how zombie jerky does in a culinary generator...

Sadly, the culinary generator doesn't have a recipe. I believe Iskandar disabled it along with the magmatic dynamo and the lava generator. Which, IMO, is probably a good thing...can you imagine the amount of power you could generate with a stack of Supreme Pizzas or Hearty Breakfasts?

EDIT: While we're on the subject, anyone ever try a potion generator with the auto-brewer? Could this be a reliable way to get energy? You'd have to be running an MFR harvester/planter farm with netherwart AND the auto-brewer just to make the set-up work, so I am not sure if it would really be economical...but we do have basically unlimited blaze powder, glowstone, and lapis, all of which I think make some potions, so there seems to be a lot of variety of materials you can use for it. Anyone have any thoughts?

Last edited:

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
I don't feel guilty about this at all. Nope, not one goddamn bit. If the monsters want to cheat, so will I.
It looks like you haven't fixed up the front of your ship. They probably climbed over the cockpit into your walled off area.

You don't need to convince anyone other than yourself. Taking the easy route and using NEI on day 2 though...

Hoff

Tech Support
Oct 30, 2012
EDIT: While we're on the subject, anyone ever try a potion generator with the auto-brewer? Could this be a reliable way to get energy? You'd have to be running an MFR harvester/planter farm with netherwart AND the auto-brewer just to make the set-up work, so I am not sure if it would really be economical...but we do have basically unlimited blaze powder, glowstone, and lapis, all of which I think make some potions, so there seems to be a lot of variety of materials you can use for it. Anyone have any thoughts?

It's actually quite a powerful energy producer even when the auto-brewer wastes some resources brewing it makes way more than enough to power it.

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
A setup using vanilla Brewing Stands would probably be better for this, since you get 3 potions per ingredient. Not sure if SFM recognizes the input and output slots, if it does then you can create a pretty compact design with it.

And the power output for the generators is also pretty high. A potion with 5 crafting steps will generate 640RF/tick for 40 seconds.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
Am I the only one that finds the glowstone "nook" usage a bit of an exploit? Allowing all but free non-heat producing lighting.

No I don't because in the future it should be a simple thing to make light without making heat. Think of it as bioluminescence dust that stores the light of day and releases it at night and we have just figured out how to put it in a plastic square.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
Thing I've discovered while building a mob grinder.
Casual 4-stream-drop grinder.

It'd seem the TE Blizz is spawning if there is a Stone (the smooth stone, cobble -> furnace) touching flowing water and it's dark enough.
Blizz = Snowballs + Blizz ice thing needed for cryotheum c:

Reactions: Genshou

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
A setup using vanilla Brewing Stands would probably be better for this, since you get 3 potions per ingredient. Not sure if SFM recognizes the input and output slots, if it does then you can create a pretty compact design with it.

And the power output for the generators is also pretty high. A potion with 5 crafting steps will generate 640RF/tick for 40 seconds.
Don't really even need SFM, just 5 separate potion stands and some itemducts and servos could do the trick just as well.

But I still prefer 1 magma crucible between 2 redstone headed generators, set magma crucible output to both generators, throw in an even number of redstone dust. That's 640 RF/t for 250 seconds per 2 dust. You could even expand on that further to have more generators and magma crucibles too for even more power.

but we do have basically unlimited blaze powder, glowstone, and lapis, all of which I think make some potions, so there seems to be a lot of variety of materials you can use for it. Anyone have any thoughts?
Don't forget unlimited redstone. It's easy to setup a witch farm with an auto-spawner.

Last edited:

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Okay, so...

I had an unfortunate city incident. One five-story jump later, and splat. Time for a new world.

Second night and I had no less than five 'incursions' into my base. I was gonna NEI myself a potion of regen to make up for the glitches (still using 2% health regen), but zombies kept somehow pouring into my ship from nowhere while I was trying to set cheat mode. So I sealed myself inside a dirt tomb in the corner. And then a zombie spawned inside of my avatar.

Yes, you read that right.

I don't feel guilty about this at all. Nope, not one goddamn bit. If the monsters want to cheat, so will I.
xtOffFx.png
it's stuff like this that is the reason i turn special mobs off. the mod is just too far broken, all the problems vastly outweigh the extra variety it adds.

mohrad

Jul 29, 2019
it's stuff like this that is the reason i turn special mobs off. the mod is just too far broken, all the problems vastly outweigh the extra variety it adds.

The only problem I keep getting annoyed (heavily) about is mobs attacking through ALL blocks that are thinner than full block (doors, fences, bars etc.) AND sometimes attacking even through one full block.
It's like the mobs dont check if they can attack, they just have a "damage zone" around them that keeps ticking wether you are inside it or not :/

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.1.2 version of special mobs isn't very buggy at all. From what I understand you were/are still playing on 1.1.1 and it had massive TPS issues. The 1.1.2 version is pretty stable and has hardly any bugs. It is mostly user error or vanilla mechanics that cause the issues and the ones that are bugs have easy workarounds.

If you play with special mobs off you might as well be playing on peaceful, of course then you wouldn't be able to get the drops you need so it would actually be even harder.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
8 magnum torches later, now it's like I'm playing on peaceful mode. I can walk around at night outside my walls now.

Yoshi667

Jul 29, 2019
8 magnum torches later, now it's like I'm playing on peaceful mode. I can walk around at night outside my walls now.
I'm still trying to get a Glistening melon so I can make a brewing stand. Endermen are already rare enough but then you need a cursed one. Then that cursed one has a 1% or so droprate on the melon. With how bad my luck is with RNG I don't think I will even get it lol. I don't even know what a cursed enderman looks like so I just kill them all. Except the tiny ones, those buggers are scary.

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019

I don't think broken mods is the problem the person you quoted is having. I've played a bunch of 1.1.2 games and the only time mobs ever show up in my base is if they were airlifted by a ghast or have Ender-capabilities. 2-deep ditch, 3-high wall, fence on outside top of wall, slab on top of wall, everything inside the wall properly lit means nothing gets in without flying or teleportation. I really struggle to believe claims of spawns within the no-spawn radius of a player who isn't sitting next to a spawner.

Reactions: DoomSquirter

Methusalem

Jul 29, 2019
I'm still trying to get a Glistening melon so I can make a brewing stand. Endermen are already rare enough but then you need a cursed one. Then that cursed one has a 1% or so droprate on the melon. With how bad my luck is with RNG I don't think I will even get it lol. I don't even know what a cursed enderman looks like so I just kill them all. Except the tiny ones, those buggers are scary.
The Wither Boss is really easy to kill. (With mobGriefing Off he doesn't destroy any blocks, so just build a simple kill chamber and spawn him in there.) This gives you access to Cursed Earth to build a mob spawner with. It still only gives a Glistering Melon every few hours, but it's a pretty convenient way to get to Magnum Torches.

damage_eater122

Jul 29, 2019
Hello people of Internet!
I request aid! I always get stuck at a certain point in this map. It's the water problem. I get to the cobble gen phase, have a small food income, and I have to bonemeal trees if I need wood. The problem comes with the water, because I never have enough. I cannot spend my time on anything else except water canning the crops or bonemealing trees, and using it to create dirt and making clean water with my furnace. I get bored and try something else, but then I get a heat stroke, get swarmed with spiders and lose all my hunger or something else. I'm playing the hard route ofcourse.
Any tips for early water gain? I tried shears but I run out of iron pretty fast. Thanks a lot in advance!

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
The 1.1.2 version of special mobs isn't very buggy at all. From what I understand you were/are still playing on 1.1.1 and it had massive TPS issues. The 1.1.2 version is pretty stable and has hardly any bugs. It is mostly user error or vanilla mechanics that cause the issues and the ones that are bugs have easy workarounds.
except i've never played 1.1.1, i started with 1.1.2. i experience plenty of problems with specialmobs, ranging from the minor to the major. the most common issue is the mobs glitching through walls. i could work around that by making double-thick walls, but the point is that i shouldn't have to, so i just disable the mod and save the headache.

it's not like specialmobs actually adds any real difficulty, the only problematic mobs are the giants and the ghasts... giants are easily dispatched by needlegun, and ghasts can be ignored after the cobblestone walls and roof are in place on day four or five (maybe six, depending on how early stability is reached with water/food).

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I just captured a single cursed enderman in a safari net and auto-spawn them for unlimited glistering melons. They are easy to spot, they are red enderman with blue eyes.

MindExpress

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

Please can someone help me ? I'm stuck at the grinder quest, I can't craft the grinder, I tried restarting my game and other crafting table but nothing work, my game is broken somehow or I'm missing something ?

grinder.jpg