[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

• FTB will be shutting down this forum by the end of July. To participate in our community discussions, please join our Discord! https://ftb.team/discord

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
So I just installed the 1.1.2 and, without touching or doing anything, Creeper Grief is on. Is that normal? I thought it was disabled by default...

If not how can I turn that off?
Why? Did this happen?
aYNYXOG.png

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I was hunting down an item ID conflict introduced by adding Portal Gun to 1.1.2 when I found this (it's in the unmodified pack, I just redownloaded to make sure):
Code:
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20502 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@d5c92a while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemWrenchBattleRF@18a0bce
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20758 (ExAliquo.OreAdamantineItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemWrenchBattleRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemWrenchBattleRF(20758) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20503 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@d367d while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSwordRF@17454e1
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20759 (ExAliquo.OreAlduoriteItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSwordRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSwordRF(20759) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20504 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@f1c18a while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemShovelRF@1d956ca
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20760 (ExAliquo.OreAstralSilverItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemShovelRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemShovelRF(20760) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20505 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@19786f5 while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemPickaxeRF@11d72ee
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20761 (ExAliquo.OreAtlarusItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemPickaxeRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemPickaxeRF(20761) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20506 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@464856 while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemAxeRF@371bc8
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20762 (ExAliquo.CarmotOreItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemAxeRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemAxeRF(20762) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20507 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@1e7a8f8 while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSickleRF@64225
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20763 (ExAliquo.CeruclaseOreItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSickleRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSickleRF(20763) owned by Redstone Arsenal
Edit: At least one of these is a Metallurgy ore, I think? None of them sound familiar, just checking to make sure this isn't a problem considering there should be plenty of room for IDs. >_>

Last edited:

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I have yet to ever see a sprinkler in the pack, though I have stumbled across screenshots of them being in start
@DoomSquirter That is crazy odd. Makes you feel nice and cozy, doesn't it? Nice and warm and cozy behind your fancy walls with your fancy trenches. They got our number, baby, and they be callin'.
I don't know sometimes it can be nice to have friends drop by. That said when my friends stop by I refer them to bring a bottle of whiskey, a six pack or some such....... not so much a suicide belt.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I'm sure they were in at the start before it was discovered.
It's not exactly as though it's hard to re-enable sprinklers... or cauldrons... or anything else that can cause exploits. The config files are editable. You just have to have the self-restraint not to abuse them, for the sake of your own enjoyment of the pack as intended.

Magzie

Mar 26, 2014
If the spawnrates were lowered a bit or there were fewer spawners, or both, I'd say it was good. As it stands, I can barely survive with the number of mobs spawning, far too many beeing creepers who kill me instantly even in the low tier armor I'm able to get. I go outside on day 2, I'm basically dead if I don't get lucky.
that means you didn't set pit traps[DOUBLEPOST=1408164318][/DOUBLEPOST]
20 bucks says his first death is dehydration due to pyrotheum fire heatstroke. Wait, maybe he's reading this £_£
when sure take bets on how many deaths before he record an episode. rofl

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
Since I just wiped my folder anyway while checking on those ID conflicts, I documented all my config changes/mod additions in case anyone's curious.

Configs
Iguana Tweaks.cfg
* B:repairCostScaling=false
//Tinker tools are companions, not meant to be discarded due to growing uselessness
Level Config.cfg
* B:detailedXpTooltip=false
//TMI, I only need to see percentages
* B:toolLevelingRandomBonuses=false
//I'd rather get slots and have to upgrade it myself, ntm I hate when my main weapon gets fire aspect and suddenly I can't use it on endermen to get drops/XP
* I:xpRequiredToolsPercentage=100
//Upgrading tools should require some real effort
* I:xpRequiredWeaponsPercentage=100
//...but there's no reason to scale up weapon XP, c'mon o_O
Modifier Level Config.cfg
* B:moreExpensiveSilkyCloth=false
//As I've heard this change was an unintended side effect
* B:moreExpensiveSilkyJewel=false
//see above
* B:ticExtraModifier=true
//More investment into tools can't be a bad thing.
* B:mobHeadPickaxeBoost=true
//I don't know how much effect this has while playing Crash Landing, but it's a feature I really like in Iguana Tweaks since it makes mob hunting a priority
* B:pickaxeBoostRequired=true
//see above
Hunger Overhaul.cfg
* I:healthRegenRatePercentage=10
//I use 10% because my toon is in an envirosuit, having a slowly recharging energy shield feels right and this makes the pack much less stressful than the previous 2%.
* I:lowHealthRegenRateModifier=1
//to balance with the above change
Special Mobs.cfg
* enderman_rates {
* * I:thief=0
//nope, tinker tools are companions, upgraded and invested far beyond items intended for this mode
* pigzombie_rates {
* * I:vampire=0
//NOPE NOPE NOPE
* skeleton_rates {
//nope
Mods added
Corosus' Weather 2 (deadly atmosphere, maybe that's how we crashed?)
Damage Indicators (I like seeing damage numbers, need to move the GUI though)
Gravity Gun (for fun)
Mob Dismemberment (for fun)
Iguana Tweaks (for a couple optional challenges)
InGameInfoXML (viewing number of days survived + camel pack durability)
Portal Gun (turrets + thinking with portals)

I really thought about adding more high-tech stuff like energy weapons to grind out resources for, but I just love the feel of using lower-tech stuff like TiC swords and needleguns. :] I was previously using Mob Amputation but I have a feeling beheading the special zombies/skellies might be too cheaty. :eek:

Reactions: trimagnus

d3vilsangel04

Jul 29, 2019
I think I have found a bug. I used a pig spawn egg directly on a the Treadmill and it spawned the pig and i kept the spawn egg...i was able to go outside to my animal pen and spawn another pig.

Landstryder

Jul 29, 2019
I don't think I'm going to stop using Iguana Tweaks or Weather 2 on the new version. But I have this (sometimes unhealthy) obsession with refusing to smelt anything I don't absolutely have to in order to get ore multiplication going. Maybe I'll be able to get over my distaste for 'free stuff' cobblegen devices. Or maybe I'll be looting the city with nothing but a bone frying pan and a camel pack. I think I'm definitely going to disable Special Mobs still. It's just not fair or fun to get mauled by magic teleporting zombies right inside my sealed ship. Giving these magic teleporting mobs hundreds of hearts and crazy powerful abilities is a whole bunch of NOPE NOPE NOPE. :/
Iguana Tweaks is part of the default pack, you would kinda be handicapping yourself if you stopped using it.[DOUBLEPOST=1408168190][/DOUBLEPOST]
No, but I did just remove brutish mobs. And I am turning off mob griefing. And I am considering making other balance changes

You probably already did this, but be sure to set the config option in the special mob config mobgriefing=false. I'm pretty sure that special mobs don't totally respect the vanilla mobGriefing rule.

larae1929

Jul 29, 2019
omfg!!! mini #%$#@??? you are seriously evil iskandar!!! and im not talking the regular baby or mini things. this was completely unexpected and nearly was able to kill me. yikes!

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
I was hunting down an item ID conflict introduced by adding Portal Gun to 1.1.2 when I found this (it's in the unmodified pack, I just redownloaded to make sure):
Code:
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20502 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@d5c92a while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemWrenchBattleRF@18a0bce
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20758 (ExAliquo.OreAdamantineItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemWrenchBattleRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemWrenchBattleRF(20758) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20503 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@d367d while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSwordRF@17454e1
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20759 (ExAliquo.OreAlduoriteItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSwordRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSwordRF(20759) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20504 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@f1c18a while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemShovelRF@1d956ca
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20760 (ExAliquo.OreAstralSilverItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemShovelRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemShovelRF(20760) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20505 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@19786f5 while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemPickaxeRF@11d72ee
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20761 (ExAliquo.OreAtlarusItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemPickaxeRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemPickaxeRF(20761) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20506 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@464856 while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemAxeRF@371bc8
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20762 (ExAliquo.CarmotOreItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemAxeRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemAxeRF(20762) owned by Redstone Arsenal
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [STDOUT] CONFLICT @ 20507 item slot already occupied by exaliquo.items.AliquoItemOre@1e7a8f8 while adding redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSickleRF@64225
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [INFO] [fml.ItemTracker] The mod Redstone Arsenal is overwriting existing item at 20763 (ExAliquo.CeruclaseOreItem from exaliquo) with redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSickleRF
2014-08-15 21:53:12 [FINE] [fml.ItemTracker] Adding item redstonearsenal.item.tool.ItemSickleRF(20763) owned by Redstone Arsenal
Edit: At least one of these is a Metallurgy ore, I think? None of them sound familiar, just checking to make sure this isn't a problem considering there should be plenty of room for IDs. >_>
Those conflicts aren't an issue because those ores aren't used.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
On the contrary, the only way the author can get a really good idea is to be receptive to all kinds of feedback. Its useless if he only gets positive feedback.

Iskandar had demonstrated a keen ability to weigh all kinds of feedback and make whatever adjustments he and his team feel are necessary (as opposed to knee-jerk reactions to every comment)

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Since I just wiped my folder anyway while checking on those ID conflicts, I documented all my config changes/mod additions in case anyone's curious.

Configs
Iguana Tweaks.cfg
* B:repairCostScaling=false
//Tinker tools are companions, not meant to be discarded due to growing uselessness
Level Config.cfg
* B:detailedXpTooltip=false
//TMI, I only need to see percentages
* B:toolLevelingRandomBonuses=false
//I'd rather get slots and have to upgrade it myself, ntm I hate when my main weapon gets fire aspect and suddenly I can't use it on endermen to get drops/XP
* I:xpRequiredToolsPercentage=100
//Upgrading tools should require some real effort
* I:xpRequiredWeaponsPercentage=100
//...but there's no reason to scale up weapon XP, c'mon o_O
Modifier Level Config.cfg
* B:moreExpensiveSilkyCloth=false
//As I've heard this change was an unintended side effect
* B:moreExpensiveSilkyJewel=false
//see above
* B:ticExtraModifier=true
//More investment into tools can't be a bad thing.
* B:mobHeadPickaxeBoost=true
//I don't know how much effect this has while playing Crash Landing, but it's a feature I really like in Iguana Tweaks since it makes mob hunting a priority
* B:pickaxeBoostRequired=true
//see above
Hunger Overhaul.cfg
* I:healthRegenRatePercentage=10
//I use 10% because my toon is in an envirosuit, having a slowly recharging energy shield feels right and this makes the pack much less stressful than the previous 2%.
* I:lowHealthRegenRateModifier=1
//to balance with the above change
Special Mobs.cfg
* enderman_rates {
//nope, tinker tools are companions, upgraded and invested far beyond items intended for this mode
* pigzombie_rates {
* * I:vampire=0
//NOPE NOPE NOPE
* skeleton_rates {
//nope
Mods added
Corosus' Weather 2 (deadly atmosphere, maybe that's how we crashed?)
Damage Indicators (I like seeing damage numbers, need to move the GUI though)
Gravity Gun (for fun)
Mob Dismemberment (for fun)
Iguana Tweaks (for a couple optional challenges)
InGameInfoXML (viewing number of days survived + camel pack durability)
Portal Gun (turrets + thinking with portals)

I really thought about adding more high-tech stuff like energy weapons to grind out resources for, but I just love the feel of using lower-tech stuff like TiC swords and needleguns. :] I was previously using Mob Amputation but I have a feeling beheading the special zombies/skellies might be too cheaty. :eek:
Weapon XP was toned down because weapons gain XP at vastly quicker rate versus tools. They still do, even with where I set them.

Also, leave thief endermen alone. They don't steal weapons. They do something else. Something worse. Try it. Makes fighting endermen an...experience.

The repair cost scaling for Tinker's Tools is there to encourage you to put mossy or a flux capacitor on your tools.

DragooKnight

Jul 29, 2019
You can still cook up seared bricks from the safety of your shelter... at 0-2 mb per stone you sacrifice to your crucible. On average, 8 or so stacks of stones gave me 840~ mb of seared stone. That's about 6 seared bricks or blocks, as it still seems to use 144 seared stone per item.
Edit: and that's stone as in the throwable item from sieving and such.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I'm sure they were in at the start before it was discovered.
It's not exactly as though it's hard to re-enable sprinklers... or cauldrons... or anything else that can cause exploits. The config files are editable. You just have to have the self-restraint not to abuse them, for the sake of your own enjoyment of the pack as intended.
understood. I'd expect them to be IN the pack, just no recipe. they are disabled, as in not in NEI at all, thus, adding them in that way could induce conflicts (doubtfull, I know) which makes me think they've been in but disabled and now they are out and out of pack. dunno. I may have cheated before. sad, but oh well. not going to worry about it.[DOUBLEPOST=1408170284][/DOUBLEPOST]
Pardon me while I pout for a minute..... farking baby thief skeletons.

If you haven't already, it's a frank reminder what it will be like if you have kids and they reach the age of 2.

_IF_

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone

wait. lemme understand something. You gripe about how you have to play on such a hard difficulty, that the mod in itself isn't difficult, then you add, essentially, a portal to anywhere mod that gives you tremendous power to escape all sorts of bad predicaments on top of it? Serious?

Ok, if he's doing that, I'm adding enderstorage, veinminer (for the dust of course), spc, utility mobs and powersuits. cause ummm, I like to play my game in as unrealistic way as possible. :rolleyes: