[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
I love the JABBA barrels!

Who doesn't like the look of a wall of barrels filled from the sifting setup? Yes, end game an ME system is more convenient but until then I gotta get me some barrels :)

take jabba out, I put jabba back in. end of story. jabba says wookie and soh-low will die soon.

I go as far as setup my jabbas in a way that I can add storage busses to them when I get ME setup to save on costs of disks, etc.. Do that all the time in all packs pretty much. and yes, wall of barrels are awesome.

Early game, they are a godsend to keep from having rows and rows of chests of cobble or what not and at some point, the sound of opening/closing a chest becomes nails on the wall.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I never used lava in my mob grinders. My very first mob grinder only used fans and punji sticks and a vac hopper to collect items. Creepers never destroyed anything that way. Then I eventually upgraded from punji sticks to mfr grinders.
Yeah, I see the creeper seed griefing as a relativley minor issue, but then I never took the time to build a lava blade grinder. I tend to favor gravity based grinders myself and am becoming fond of smeltery grinders.

I did note it though in some of my earliest defensive pits.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
take jabba out, I put jabba back in. end of story. jabba says wookie and soh-low will die soon.

I go as far as setup my jabbas in a way that I can add storage busses to them when I get ME setup to save on costs of disks, etc.. Do that all the time in all packs pretty much. and yes, wall of barrels are awesome.

Early game, they are a godsend to keep from having rows and rows of chests of cobble or what not and at some point, the sound of opening/closing a chest becomes nails on the wall.

yeah, not sure what it'd take but I'd be more supportive of changing the ore dictionary "defenitions" of the pnuematicraft seeds than removing JABBA entirely.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Yeah I already made that argument about soybeans. I feel they are too OP as well, but everyone likes their soybeans. I also think the vanilla recipe for bread should be removed too (three wheat on a crafting table) cause I feel you should have to make dough with water and smelt it into bread. Again, just my opinion probably. I personally forbid myself from using vanilla wheat in my world. It's just too cheap.

I'm just stating this hear and now, if a real life gilligan's island were to happen, I DO NOT WANT TO BE ON THE SAME ISLAND AS ANY OF YOU!

:)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
I'm just stating this hear and now, if a real life gilligan's island were to happen, I DO NOT WANT TO BE ON THE SAME ISLAND AS ANY OF YOU!

lol, modded minecraft often reminds me of gilligans island. Some poor shmuck dumped in the middle of nowhere... next thing you know he has a jetpack.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019

Well real life is a whole different story. Of course in real life if you were stranded on an island, you'd want the most convenient easiest ways to get food/water, but in this modpack, I prefer over the top difficult challenge. Not saying it has to be that way for everyone else though, cause not everyone has the same skill level I do.

Remliel

Jul 29, 2019
trust me im not perfect i learn new things about minecraft all the time its just that a lot of people prefer to complain about how hard and unfair this pack is and ask him to make it easier instead of trying to find another way of doing things. Not to mention he already said he hates us and wants is dead.

I don't disagree with you. I've certainly died and had to start over enough to hopefully satisfy my own blood contribution. I like how the pack is now in terms of game balance. I don't see any compelling reason to make it easier or harder until he adds in some new dynamics to change the game some more. Always more. :D

Shane2482

Jul 29, 2019
I don't disagree with you. I've certainly died and had to start over enough to hopefully satisfy my own blood contribution. I like how the pack is now in terms of game balance. I don't see any compelling reason to make it easier or harder until he adds in some new dynamics to change the game some more. Always more. :D

just wait till 112 that one will give you a chance to get some great stuff but be warned if your not prepared you will die on second thought you will probable die weather your prepared or not

Reactions: cannajan

Remliel

Jul 29, 2019
just wait till 112 that one will give you a chance to get some great stuff but be warned if your not prepared you will die on second thought you will probable die weather your prepared or not

Death is part of the game! Losing is fun! The losing should just be because it's my fault, that's all... And there's been plenty of that so far. (Not noticing a creeper behind me when I have a minimap with mob radar /is/ my fault, after all)

Palindrome

Jul 29, 2019
I have with the horizons pack and I don't know how to fix it

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2
Aha! I finally figured it out. It's a random issue with using jre8 - I changed the java path that the launcher uses to jre7 (which you can do through the advanced options) and it works again.

Reactions: pc_assassin

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Death is part of the game! Losing is fun! The losing should just be because it's my fault, that's all... And there's been plenty of that so far. (Not noticing a creeper behind me when I have a minimap with mob radar /is/ my fault, after all)
Lol, I play without radar. There is nothing like clearing the perimiter, start crooking leaves while looking straight up and hearing that characteristic hiss..... I don't build walls and/or light up a huge compound in the early game..... mistakes can be costly.

Remliel

Jul 29, 2019
Lol, I play without radar. There is nothing like clearing the perimiter, start crooking leaves while looking straight up and hearing that characteristic hiss..... I don't build walls and/or light up a huge compound in the early game..... mistakes can be costly.

Yes yes, and next you'll talk about how you only drink dirty water and only eat zombie flesh. And only use bone tools, because metal ones are too good.

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
Yes yes, and next you'll talk about how you only drink dirty water and only eat zombie flesh. And only use bone tools, because metal ones are too good.
lol, I do like to make things difficult for myself. Pardon me, I didn't mean that to be a brag. It was more of a suggestion of comraderie with a fellow creeper splattered comrad.

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I agree and do all of this as well. Though I've never had a creeper sneak up on me yet. I'm thinking about not using beds in 1.1.2 as well. I had it far too easy skipping the nights away in 1.1.1.

jikuja

legacy FTB Launcher developer
Launcher Developer
Global Moderator
Dec 17, 2013
1.0.7 removed vanilla seeds and new version probably will remove carrots and potatoes. How can we breed animals and use breeder after those changes?

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
1.0.7 removed vanilla seeds and new version probably will remove carrots and potatoes. How can we breed animals and use breeder after those changes?
You can use the autospawner to get more animals. I never used the breeder in my 1.1.1 world. Now, there is a quest where you have to craft a breeder, which requires golden carrots. That recipe has to be changed, or the quest needs to be altered.