[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

pc_assassin

Jul 29, 2019
How about a green house/aquaponics building seeing as any form of life needs nutrients and plant life grown in water (or dirt) would be the perfect solution to a dusty world. Or maybe a slaughter house.......

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
How about a green house/aquaponics building seeing as any form of life needs nutrients and plant life grown in water (or dirt) would be the perfect solution to a dusty world. Or maybe a slaughter house.......

Sent From Something That You Won't Care About Using Tapatalk 2

I had assumed that the abandoned cities were from a time before the planet became a dust ball (perhaps a global thermonuclear event, which also created the zombies?)

PODonnell

Jul 29, 2019
It'd be kind of interesting to see a large seaport.... That'd help explain the fish in the sieving tables, but airports, military complexes and prisons may have some intersting posibilities.

or what about craters, or collapsed buildings? I saw some evidence of such in the test map, but such could add a bit more "texture" to the city.[DOUBLEPOST=1407165448][/DOUBLEPOST]or how about the statue of liberty, or at least her arm reaching up from the dust.... lol

Reactions: GriefingAssassin

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
Kind of off topic question: Will there ever be any biome other than ocean in the map? (a desert would count but that's not exactly what I meant :p)

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
I played mostly all the way through 1.1.1 (quest wise) and never used carrots or potatoes and survived just fine. Anytime my mob farms collect carrots or potatoes from zombies, I just tossed them into a trash can, in prep for 1.1.2 when they would be removed anyway. I never even bothered to use vanilla wheat either.

Iskandar

Popular Member
Feb 17, 2013
Kind of off topic question: Will there ever be any biome other than ocean in the map? (a desert would count but that's not exactly what I meant :p)
No. The ocean biome is an absolute necessity. Given that you can right click drink or fill up bottle without depleting a water source block, using an ocean biome to turn that source block into salt water is a requirement, otherwise any sort of challenge from hydration goes right out the window.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Okay guys, after messing with it. I did figure out how to refill your camel pack regardless of how full or empty it is with just SFM.

INPUT -> Camel Pack (Black List Precision detection 0 damage value)
INPUT -> Water Bottle (White List)
CRAFT -> Camel Pack with precision detection 100 damage + 4 water bottles, then switch the precision detection for the camel pack to fuzzy after the recipe shows properly.
CRAFT -> Camel Pack with precision detection 75 damage + 3 water bottles, then switch the precision detection for the camel pack to fuzzy after the recipe shows properly.
CRAFT -> Camel Pack with precision detection 50 damage + 2 water bottles, then switch the precision detection for the camel pack to fuzzy after the recipe shows properly.
CRAFT -> Camel Pack with precision detection 25 damage + 1 water bottle, then switch the precision detection for the camel pack to fuzzy after the recipe shows properly.
OUTPUT -> Your armor slot or chest or whatever, White List Camel Pack with Precision Detection 0 Damage value.

Works for me.

Ok, thank you for this. I now know what went wrong before when I tried playing with this. SFM has a sorta quirk/bug. I was able to reproduce this quite a few times. In that last stage where you put the output, if you futz with the properties of the camel pack, then change them again, they don't get recognized properly. Only after I went into output, deleted the item, then re-entered the correct item the way I wanted did it work again. Again, I reproduced this over and over again while playing around. I got this far previously, but if you see what's on the screen and trust it is doing just that, this bites you badly. Thanks alot tho. I have an instamatic now.... :}

W17N3SS

Jul 29, 2019
When I play this game and the idea of lost cities I think of a research center like that in the movie doom. Caused the extinction of what use to inhabit the cities for a building idea.

Amazing concept and very fun modpack, thanks for all the hard work to those involved.

JeremyTheObscure

Jul 29, 2019
Maybe hidden underground vaults with villagers in them? Completely obscured from the surface, but with some endgame way to locate them?

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ex Aliquo and Thermal Expansion, maybe other mods

Unstable (ftb) is updated to 1.7.10 and TE is in there minus ALL ducts which is a riot. alot of unfinished stuff too. for me, it was unplayable till I removed pneumaticraft, and botania because of worldgen overload. My FPS went through the floor anyways and I had to turn down EVERYTHING to even get it 'somewhat' playable. very very depressing. AMD all around here and I think that's why.[DOUBLEPOST=1407169539][/DOUBLEPOST]
I played mostly all the way through 1.1.1 (quest wise) and never used carrots or potatoes and survived just fine. Anytime my mob farms collect carrots or potatoes from zombies, I just tossed them into a trash can, in prep for 1.1.2 when they would be removed anyway. I never even bothered to use vanilla wheat either.

IIRC, I thought iskandar said that they just wouldn't drop from zombies anymore. I'm assuming potatoes have to be obtainable somewhere. Otherwise, there goes both the delighted meal (fries) and hearty breakfast (potato cakes) which would only leave one feast (pizza). that would suck.

DoomSquirter

Apr 19, 2014
Home Alone
Ok, so I was playing epiccraft over wknd and some comparison thoughts since they use the entire enviromine vs 1/2 here. Temp, Hydration, Air Quality, sanity. first 2 are in CL. Other 2 are not. Air quality doesn't matter much but sanity. omg. I started out in jungleish biome and I guess the quicksand made my mind melt from the get go. Too random since I had no clue why I was going insane. In the end, it really was just a pita to deal with and still is. Air quality only relates if you're mining or in room with machines/torches and really not applicable here. I think iskandar did very good just enabling the first 2 in CL since the rest doesn't apply really. The physics thing is a wash for me since they include veinminer and I just shift-mined myself out of any jam I got into.

Anyways, in epiccraft, you actually have roguelike dungeons and will have to go to nether to do stuff and so I had to figure that out since my first RL dungeon killed me via heatstroke the minute I found my first blaze spawners. fun updated his wiki and gave some usefull tidbits and I will wait till next reset to start over again and try this, but in epiccraft, all I had to do was enchant some armor with fire resistance and it handled the temperature upswing 100%. I never went past 98.6F even if I caught fire, etc... I don't recall anyone saying that on the forum yet. Maybe he removed that bit somehow in this pack but I doubt it. won't take care of the dehydration but definately makes those accidental woops into the lava, etc... not so fatal.

Once I was able to do that, making a lava pit to get warm evened things out if I get hypothermia. So, there's definately a way to get around that aspect.

I've also come to appreciate this whole enviromine aspect. Managing the water is another facet as well as hunger overhaul is managing the food (and SOL even moreso). It's called immersion and I think some people are forgetting that. You can play just about any other ftb/atlauncher pack there is and they have none of this and yeah, it is ho hum. This gives you something to do on top of whatever you're planning out, etc... I don't see them as grindy aspects really, tho the sanity is (but not in here ty). I've played a couple other packs (jampacked entries) that want to be agskies lite and essentially, that is not what CL is at all. It adds to the mix, not mixes it around and calls it new. Too many just update recipes to make it harder and that's really just a time lengthener. Or sticks ores in every dimension till you're ringing up santa claus for some orcihalurm (sp?). I stopped playing bnb because of that. It's always funny when you check out other things and compare them to what you know to be a more true survival pack. I'm really looking forward to the updates. It can only get better.

Last note, I came out of a store with my wife and it was hot as hell and I looked up and shouted "damn you skun!" and this guy walking in laughed and smiled at me... I swear he said "mdiyo". made my day.

Reactions: Palindrome

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC, I thought iskandar said that they just wouldn't drop from zombies anymore. I'm assuming potatoes have to be obtainable somewhere. Otherwise, there goes both the delighted meal (fries) and hearty breakfast (potato cakes) which would only leave one feast (pizza). that would suck.

There is no other way to get potatoes and carrots AFAIK, unless Iskandar adds them to chests found in the ruins/abandoned cities/whatever they are called, which would mean you'd have to be pretty far into your world to survive venturing out from your base. But even if potatoes/carrots are completely unobtainable, you can still make Delighted Meal with zucchini fries. Hearty breakfast would just be unobtainable. In my 1.1.1 world without potatoes/carrots, I just eat supreme pizzas.

Also, you can eat both feasts or large meals to avoid the Spice of life food history deal.

Last edited:

GriefingAssassin

Jul 29, 2019
I know a way for infinite water :3 but I kind of forget how the exploit works... its been a while since I tried it but I'll PM you the required supplies in order to preform this exploit

Last edited: