1.5.2 Beta pack question

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Dylan Meurs

Jul 29, 2019
srry I'm a bit new to the whole forum thing lol, but what I mean by issues it when I press f7 I dont get any grids or anything showing mob spawn areas, I dont know if I am just missing something or maybe a config needs changed?

Dylan Meurs

Jul 29, 2019
ok I updated to that version of forge and it still doesnt display the overlay, i've changed the keybinding and everything =/

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
hrm so the key binding is showing up in the menu so it's installed but still not working. I can't think of anything to do. Are you using a custom pack or a default FTB. If default I would suggest trying to force update it then try it again. and if that doesn't work goto the forge support forums and ask there

cynric

Jul 29, 2019
It seems to only work when you look in a specific direction, straigh north I think it was. As soon as you tilt or turn your view, it zips around and out of view most of the time. Probably some incompatability on where to draw stuff.

Dylan Meurs

Jul 29, 2019
does anyone know if there is a fix other than optifine? personally never had any luck with it, but it wont kill me to switch to fast when I want to use that feature lol

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
I have been using optifine and it is now compatible with the new version of forge. Also I don't know what you mean by fancy

Dylan Meurs

Jul 29, 2019
I can believe it will be compatible but I mean I've never gotten any real fps increase from using it, so I don't see the point of using it if it won't really help

Chaos_Therum

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah but it might help I'm thinking that maybe since it fundamentally changes the way that minecraft renders it might help

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
Yeah but it might help I'm thinking that maybe since it fundamentally changes the way that minecraft renders it might help
But here's the problem: is the lighting designed for the fundamentally changed rendering? If he uses Optifine, I don't think anyone will be able to help him if things take a turn for the worse.