1.5.1 Beta Pack-DIY Edition (now with 1.5.2)

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Bagman817

Jul 29, 2019
Why have ars magica?

I realize I'm coming to this debate late, but if you were originally asking me, the answer is because it's a very cool mod, and it's new and shiny. But yes, for some reason it likes to think it's Thermal Expansion, ID-wise. I've had that issue since ver 1.0 of my 1.5.1 pack, although for some reason, the conflicts don't seem to register at launch, as it seems every other conflict does. Perhaps someone stronger with the Force can explain that tom me =)

Ako_the_Builder

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone using AE should grab what was the NEI Bees plugin... now is NEI Addons. It does a lot of neat things now. Mainly helps using NEI questions mark on AE blocks -- best feature is you can make crafting pattern without the materials (shift click question mark).
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...v16-added-tree-breeding-and-extrabees-serums/

I was getting burnt out manually making new crafting patterns when I wanted to add something to my AE MAC. Now even on one off/rarely used items i am making patterns.

That really is going to be nice when making an extensive auto crafting library.

Aetherr_

Jul 29, 2019
It sounds to me like you have an itemID conflict. Ars has bugs, like any mod. And it is true that 009 was a bad push (and 010 has to be less than 2 hours old). I'm pretty sure that doesn't make Ars Magica more or less buggy than other mods.

It is also pretty telling that instead of saying why you crashed with a crashlog, you just say, "I crashed lolars."
Look at this graphical glitch with TE. This is I think what Lemming was telling me about. http://i.imgur.com/pRiHQN5.png

bigj0n

Jul 29, 2019
Unfortunately there is not much documentation on ModAnalyzer yet, since I mainly wrote it to "scratch an itch", of getting all the mods I wanted to use working together, and this itch has been scratched so I haven't gotten around to polishing up the tool and making it more user-friendly out-of-the-box. There is no GUI, for example, so you have to be familiar with the command-line, installing Python, and so on. But fortunately it is not all that complex to use, once installed. I've put together some usage instructions in the README file here: https://github.com/agaricusb/ModAnalyzer/blob/master/README.md

Not too slow, takes about 15 - 30 seconds to analyze each mod. The majority of that time is waiting for the server to finish starting up. I used to analyze earlier in the process, which was slightly faster, but captured incomplete data since the mods weren't fully loaded. Now it runs the analysis on the first tick using FML ITickHandler. Also note, the data is all cached locally so it only has to be analyzed once.

Thanks! Although, Forge does actually include a Python installation for Windows users -- the batch files just wrap the Python scripts; pretty much all of the Forge setup scripts are written in Python. You should be able to use the same Python install for ModAnalyzer, though. Maybe it could be ported to pure Java..hm.

Indeed, and I've published some of the analyzer dumps for various mods here: https://github.com/agaricusb/ModAnalyzerData

Haven't wrote a script to download the remote analyses, though, but that would be a cool feature. I've thought about many possible interesting possible uses of this data. An automatic service to hook into Not Enough Mods and dynamically analyze each new version of each mod as it is posted? An online service to select the mods you want, then generate a conflict-free config pack for you? A super-universal config pack, containing all the mods out there, free of conflicts? (as much as possible - would need a means to specify 'alternatives' for inherently-conflicting mods, of course). An encyclopedic browsable database of all known mods, with nicely formatted webpages listing the contents of each mod, everything it adds, so you can quickly see what exactly the mods adds before downloading, or to lookup unknown items/blocks/biomes/enchantments/recipes/entities etc. to see which mod added them? A hyperlinked recipe database with resource requirement calculations and processing chain or loop detection, so you can see everything you can make with what you have, or everything you need to make what you want? A de-facto registry of identifiers to help modders proactively avoid conflicts in their mods (especially crafting recipe conflicts, the most insidious imho), by default, so users/integrators don't have to? Seamless client/server configuration and mod activation synchronization?

There's tons of potential in what one could do with this analysis data and tool -- if only I could do it all, but, realistically probably won't get to it, since I'm distracted by having a heavily-modded Minecraft instance setup and waiting for me to play it ;). But I'm putting this all out there as open source, should anyone else wish to continue where I left off.

You'll have to excuse me for being a noob, but I'm trying to learn. When I try to compile it I get a bunch of "Can not find symbol" errors. I think that means that I am missing some class files that are neccessary for compilation, but what class files are those? I don't need it explained to me like I'm 5, but a bit of direction would be very helpful!

embohaha

Jul 29, 2019
Please someone! Help! I have made a nice modpack (90 mods) but the one mod i NEED to add is Extra Bees, I am using a pre-release, the latest, but Binnie core seems to be erroring HELP!

buggirlexpres

Relatable Gamer
Trusted User
Retired Staff
Nov 24, 2012
she/her
twitter.com
I use MultiMC. There are other launchers available that will probably do the same job, but I have no experience with them. Never used MultiMC or any other launcher? Shame on you, but no time like the present.
Hey! I have made numerous modpacks, and never once used MultiMC.

Runo

Jul 29, 2019
Time for big necros, because this thread pertains to it and is the only thing that comes up on the modanalyzer search.

Would anyone who who knows how to use mod analyzer like to explain it? I've downloaded it, installed python, then the readme just goes off on a tangent. there's no allmods folder, and I don't see a jar anywhere in the downloaded stuff like what the other comments mention. So, at this point, I'm stuck. Is the mod analyzer link supposed to have more stuff? Am I supposed to be running it differently, or dumping it into a minecraft directory?