Open 1.0.4: plates in assembly table not interchangeable

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
Version:

What is the bug:
the chest upgrade recipes all require the ic2 metal plates, and don't accept any other kind. this is weird because the ic2 and immersive enginering plates seem to be interchangeable in every other recipe i have seen so far.
i really like the immersive enginering machinery so i would like for their plates to be usable as well.

Mod & Version:

Paste.feed-the-beast.com log:

Can it be repeated:

Known Fix:

M

Mohron

This is a Minetweaker limitation of the Assembly Table recipes. Ore dictionary can only be supported on single items in a recipe (multiples have to be specific items) . In order to fix this there would have to be a separate recipe for each ore-dictionary plate when 8 plates are required.

gijsc1

Jul 29, 2019
the immersive engineering metal press already produces ic2 plates for gold and copper. Maybe it is possible to make it produce ic2 iron plates instead of the IE ones?
that would also solve it.

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
This is a Minetweaker limitation of the Assembly Table recipes. Ore dictionary can only be supported on single items in a recipe (multiples have to be specific items) . In order to fix this there would have to be a separate recipe for each ore-dictionary plate when 8 plates are required.
That would make a lot of recipes show up in NEI. :(

Booker The Geek

Feb 26, 2013
Pacific North West, USA
Odd, as it takes the ore dictionary for planks.