[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
As others have reported, I am having some issues with the Queen's quest line and the Evil Scheme not registering. Also, the key wouldn't open the door - just made it flick open and closed. On the up side, the update fixed the quest not showing. I have stayed in Reder's area for 2 minecraft days and he has not respawned so I presume the hour you speak of is real time? And just as an fyi, I created three new worlds to check out any changes and both times the king told me to begone rather than giving me the fetch quests.
Well, the hour is real time, not minecraft time, I will double check the evil scheme, I thought I had fixed that the last time someone had issues after accidentally opening it.

The door is odd, it should be staying open for 6 seconds....I will double check the times for their respawn...good news is the major content update is coming this weekend, so the fixes won't be too far away.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
http://pastebin.com/M57Da8WQ

More unfortunately I have not: Hope this is enough. If I click on "Launch" it crashs instantly with this log.
So is it crashing at the FTB launcher? That sounds like you may need to reinstall the entire launcher...

As a side note everyone, I have as of today, submitted the pack for consideration for listing by default on the launcher, this would mean no more code needed to download and play! wish me luck!

Internuntius

Jul 29, 2019
So is it crashing at the FTB launcher? That sounds like you may need to reinstall the entire launcher...

As a side note everyone, I have as of today, submitted the pack for consideration for listing by default on the launcher, this would mean no more code needed to download and play! wish me luck!

Will try it out.

Edit: Reinstall haven´t work....

http://pastebin.com/MPiPHSw9

Last edited:
Reactions: GreatOrator

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Last edited:
Reactions: Vals NoisyToys

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
First off, I'm loving the pack. I'm starting up a small server for a few of my close friends. Should be great.

I did run in to a issue with the "Oil" graphics. It renders fine on the ground and in buckets, but in BC and Open Blocks Tanks the texture goes missing; leaving the familiar black and purple checkered texture. I don't have any texture packs installed.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
This pack looks epic! It's cool to do a Let's Play series right? I saw Val has some videos, watching them got me super interested! I just wanted to make sure since it's still beta, and also didn't know if there was any Tolkien legality nonsense. Don't need any strikes!

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
First off, I'm loving the pack. I'm starting up a small server for a few of my close friends. Should be great.

I did run in to a issue with the "Oil" graphics. It renders fine on the ground and in buckets, but in BC and Open Blocks Tanks the texture goes missing; leaving the familiar black and purple checkered texture. I don't have any texture packs installed.
I'll do some testing and report, which tanks in particular?
This pack looks epic! It's cool to do a Let's Play series right? I saw Val has some videos, watching them got me super interested! I just wanted to make sure since it's still beta, and also didn't know if there was any Tolkien legality nonsense. Don't need any strikes!
Absolutely! We actually went out of beta after 2.1.x. Just let me know your stream link and I will add you to the featured list here and at the website! As far as I have looked into, there are no legalities with using the name in the modpack and the one song that is similar is actually ok to use as well because it is a stylized version of the music and everything else used in the pack is free to use. This was all done with the help with @Vals NoisyToys who had the same concerns.

Thank you both for the compliments!

EDIT: I do want to remind everyone there is currently an issue with the tinkers crafting table that will crash your client, I have reported it (20+ plus examples and growing, and will do so till they either tell me to stop or tell me they fixed it OR tell me who it really is causing it) and in the upcoming update I have replaced the one at the forge with a regular crafting table until it gets resolved.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019

Absolutely! We actually went out of beta after 2.1.x. Just let me know your stream link and I will add you to the featured list here and at the website!

Sweet! I don't stream just yet, just upload to YT. Once I have things setup and record an episode or two, I will get at you with the Playlist!

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019

Absolutely! We actually went out of beta after 2.1.x. Just let me know your stream link and I will add you to the featured list here and at the website! As far as I have looked into, there are no legalities with using the name in the modpack and the one song that is similar is actually ok to use as well because it is a stylized version of the music and everything else used in the pack is free to use. This was all done with the help with @Vals NoisyToys who had the same concerns.

EDIT: I do want to remind everyone there is currently an issue with the tinkers crafting table that will crash your client, I have reported it (20+ plus examples and growing, and will do so till they either tell me to stop or tell me they fixed it OR tell me who it really is causing it) and in the upcoming update I have replaced the one at the forge with a regular crafting table until it gets resolved.

It was the BC Factory Tank and the Openblocks Tank.

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

I haven't had any content id problems at all (as of yet - not even bogus ones. :p). And its great to see another person going to do an LP! :)[DOUBLEPOST=1414107870][/DOUBLEPOST]

*crossing fingers* I sure hope they accept it for auto-listing!

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have seriously screwed up my quest progression :/ I was able to do the starter stuff of The Investigation - including the execution of Reder. I didn't realise that the update had changed the way the quests were presented in the Quest Book because I simply went ahead and did quests as they showed in the Quests Bar. So I thought it odd that I found nothing in the Queen's bedroom but just assumed that I missed something that didn't matter as Reder interacted with me. Then I saw the new progression in the HQM Book which asks for Her Ladyship's Diary to be turned in. And here is the crux of my problem. I have checked the hidden spots in the bedroom and there is no Diary. Well, now, I thought. Perhaps this weekend's update will fix this for me as the last update solved my earlier issues. And then I decided to create a new world just to see how the whole quest progression went (it doesn't take too long to catch up once you know what you are doing) with a fresh start. As stated in an earlier post, the King refuses to acknowledge me and give me the fetch quests right at the start, although I can still complete the Book quest where I visit all the locations. So I pulled out my TolkienCraft2 folder and did a fresh install of 2.1.4 and created a new world. Same thing. I have tried around 7 times to start a fresh world and every time the King orders me to out of his sight. I'm happy to leave that quest line for the interim and go focus on my magic while I await the next update but the question is: is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a tweek I can do to fix the King's extreme lack of interest in me? Is there some little piece of config magic that will turn his benevolent gaze upon me and cause him to give me coins and a fetch quest? Can I, perhaps, slap him - coz at this point I really want to - without any negative repercussions? Anyways, I am off to do a little Blood Magic. I shall pretend it is the King I am bleeding as I slowly fill that altar.

edit I just changed my texture pack to Soartex and logged back in. Took another look at the shelves in the Queen's room and there in my inventory has appeared the Diary!!! What the heck?! I have been in and out of this room several times and have checked the shelves several times as well - I spent over an hour trying to sort this out last night. Oh, well. Moving on ...

Last edited:

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Well, I have seriously screwed up my quest progression :/ I was able to do the starter stuff of The Investigation - including the execution of Reder. I didn't realise that the update had changed the way the quests were presented in the Quest Book because I simply went ahead and did quests as they showed in the Quests Bar. So I thought it odd that I found nothing in the Queen's bedroom but just assumed that I missed something that didn't matter as Reder interacted with me. Then I saw the new progression in the HQM Book which asks for Her Ladyship's Diary to be turned in. And here is the crux of my problem. I have checked the hidden spots in the bedroom and there is no Diary. Well, now, I thought. Perhaps this weekend's update will fix this for me as the last update solved my earlier issues. And then I decided to create a new world just to see how the whole quest progression went (it doesn't take too long to catch up once you know what you are doing) with a fresh start. As stated in an earlier post, the King refuses to acknowledge me and give me the fetch quests right at the start, although I can still complete the Book quest where I visit all the locations. So I pulled out my TolkienCraft2 folder and did a fresh install of 2.1.4 and created a new world. Same thing. I have tried around 7 times to start a fresh world and every time the King orders me to out of his sight. I'm happy to leave that quest line for the interim and go focus on my magic while I await the next update but the question is: is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a tweek I can do to fix the King's extreme lack of interest in me? Is there some little piece of config magic that will turn his benevolent gaze upon me and cause him to give me coins and a fetch quest? Can I, perhaps, slap him - coz at this point I really want to - without any negative repercussions? Anyways, I am off to do a little Blood Magic. I shall pretend it is the King I am bleeding as I slowly fill that altar.
Well, the guards do warn he has sour moods sometimes...

well, remember, you have to listen to the citizens at the fountain to get the quest line to open for the king...

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else notice the first quest Adventure Awaits has the reward bag preselected for you? i think Great Orator might be trying to tell me something. also Demitriz and Demitrix the royal guards in the throne room seem to always be one block to low buried to their waist.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
anyone else notice the first quest Adventure Awaits has the reward bag preselected for you? i think Great Orator might be trying to tell me something. also Demitriz and Demitrix the royal guards in the throne room seem to always be one block to low buried to their waist.
The bag may be a visual thing and HQM doesn't allow me to do that...lol

As for the royal guards, yeah they were being weird, but they should be fixed in the next update.[DOUBLEPOST=1414156346][/DOUBLEPOST]
It was the BC Factory Tank and the Openblocks Tank.
So I did some testing and I actually tried every tank and all oil types and even several methods of putting it into the tanks and could not replicate that. are you using any resource packs?

Last edited:

TheRangerX

Jul 29, 2019
The bag may be a visual thing and HQM doesn't allow me to do that...lol

As for the royal guards, yeah they were being weird, but they should be fixed in the next update.[DOUBLEPOST=1414156346][/DOUBLEPOST]
So I did some testing and I actually tried every tank and all oil types and even several methods of putting it into the tanks and could not replicate that. are you using any resource packs?
So, I'm not using any resource packs but I did add in enderIO. Not sure if that is the culprit. Going to check when I get off work.

This issue arouse when I was using an ender quarry with the pump upgrade to clear of a section in the overworld to ensure ores were spawning correctly.

Connected ender conduits to the pump and tanks and that is where they were filling with the missing texture.

So maybe it's an enderIO issue, going to do more research later.