[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah I saw Dire's thing, that was pretty cool. I'm trying to use barrels to differentiate the nets. Since you can't put like a enderman net and a skeleton net in the same barrel, each net gets its own barrel. So before adding one to a spawner, it'll always pull whatever is in the spawner and place it in any available barrel. So if the spawner has a spider net in it, and I go to switch to skeletons, it'll first pull the spider and put it in the only available barrel, which one it came out of. Then it'll pull the skeleton net and place it. Im still working on it though
Instead of multiple barrels, why not an Adv Filing Cabinet for your net storage needs?

Doh...unless that's how you're telling the system which net is where...

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
Instead of multiple barrels, why not an Adv Filing Cabinet for your net storage needs?

Doh...unless that's how you're telling the system which net is where...

Yeah, thats how I'm keeping track of the net locations. I thought about using a chest, and using the slot IDs for it, but I dont know for sure that SFM will always place things in the first slot. I know Itemducts seem to just throw shit into a random chest slot.

I've been playing with my setup for a couple hours, and I think I got it working. Only two nets in the system right now, but it'll swap them easily. Gonna try expanding now.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...are Kinetic Compressors RF sinks? None of mine are running but there's a steady power drain on the cell they're connected to...and they are the only power consumers connected to the cell.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm...are Kinetic Compressors RF sinks? None of mine are running but there's a steady power drain on the cell they're connected to...and they are the only power consumers connected to the cell.
KC's aren't a drain for me. Have one hooked up to a res. energy cell, and checked just to see for you, and its not showing any drain.

Waughoo

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely got the net swapping working. Now it's looking like the grinder loot isnt being collected. I think I'm going to have to use buffer chests on all of them.

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Definitely got the net swapping working. Now it's looking like the grinder loot isnt being collected. I think I'm going to have to use buffer chests on all of them.
Yea, for MFR machines, generally you need a buffer chest.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
KC's aren't a drain for me. Have one hooked up to a res. energy cell, and checked just to see for you, and its not showing any drain.

Aww...thanks! I'm guessing it's still filling up the duct buffer then...but I'm not sure.

I've got 4 KCs hooked up to a single REC, connected via 12 Hardened conduit, and all contained with a single chunk. When I left the PC room, everything had stopped running and I'm unsure what the cell level was. I came back here later and noticed the cell was completely drained, so swapped it out with a fully-charged one. That fully-charged cell is now 1/4 drained [2.5M RF], still falling, and I haven't run anything in here since the swap.

KCs are SFM pressure controlled via usual manner. KCs are being used for two 5x5 chambers, Assembly Line, and Charging Station. And I do have a chunk-loader up [although I've been in the area too].

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
@SmokeLuvr1971 I use a 'vanilla' setup for controlling pressure similar to the one I posted here

Changes:
I use a hardened energy cell set to output @ 125 RF/t (Roughly the max the KC handles)
I use redstone energy conduit (atleast hardened is required)
I use advanced pressure tubes
There's only 28 items total in the furnace

I use 4 of the above to run Assembly Line, 5x5 pressure chamber, A. Interface and charging station

---
Q: Are you using any security upgrades in your machines? They may be venting pressure before your system can fill, thus causing the KC to run continously.

Last edited:

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome SFM trick. Use SFM to make dirt via barrel method. Only requires one connection to barrel. No more barrels in between pipes!

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
Awesome SFM trick. Use SFM to make dirt via barrel method. Only requires one connection to barrel. No more barrels in between pipes!
For the most part, I avoid itemducts/fluiducts where possible. If it can be done with them, it can be done with SFM, and probably with less lag. Not to mention, SFM inventory cable has the benefit of only needing one block of space to transpor items and liquids, where as using ducts you need 2

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
@SmokeLuvr1971 I use a 'vanilla' setup for controlling pressure similar to the one I posted here

Changes:
I use a hardened energy cell set to output @ 125 RF/t (Roughly the max the KC handles)
I use redstone energy conduit (atleast hardened is required)
I use advanced pressure tubes
There's only 28 items total in the furnace

I use 4 of the above to run Assembly Line, 5x5 pressure chamber, A. Interface and charging station

---
Q: Are you using any security upgrades in your machines? They may be venting pressure before your system can fill, thus causing the KC to run continously.
Need to stay away from imgur...got lost for 30 mins
Picture time:
5enrSre.png

0Fc5KyN.png
The KCs aren't running [that I can see]. Fan blades are in same position but energy in cell is less. I did have a security upgrade in the assembly line, but removed it. No change in energy consumption.

Edit: KCs have a buffer too. All mine read 999.0 MJ stored. None of them show any energy being used, but if I wrench to conduits to not connect energy loss stops.

Last edited:

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
Need to stay away from imgur...got lost for 30 mins
Picture time:
5enrSre.png

0Fc5KyN.png
The KCs aren't running [that I can see]. Fan blades are in same position but energy in cell is less. I did have a security upgrade in the assembly line, but removed it. No change in energy consumption.

Edit: KCs have a buffer too. All mine read 999.0 MJ stored. None of them show any energy being used, but if I wrench to conduits to not connect energy loss stops.

I had the same problem.

To fix it, Set your Cells to output 100 or 110 RF for each KC(not sure which, just try both). If KC is in use the MJ will cap at 200.

To deactivate, deactivate the CELL. Deactivating the KC only for some reasons eats power, just like an AE controller. [Eats all excess power]

@SReject

For your pulser trigger issue, it might be trying to craft too many items? Maybe setting "amount 1" for each item will probably decrease it LOL. Although thats gona be a PITA.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
I had the same problem.

To fix it, Set your Cells to output 100 or 110 RF for each KC(not sure which, just try both). If KC is in use the MJ will cap at 200.

To deactivate, deactivate the CELL. Deactivating the KC only for some reasons eats power, just like an AE controller. [Eats all excess power]
I'll try putting a Hardened cell at each KC and have SFM disable the cell vice the KC [will require small layout modification]. Will restricting the cell's output be enough to stop any overpressure? I've noticed that when switching off the cell, vice the KC, the KC will not shutdown immediately [running off cable buffer] and with the Assembly/Charging Station 0.5 bars away from the red at shutoff...

SReject

Jul 29, 2019
I'll try putting a Hardened cell at each KC and have SFM disable the cell vice the KC [will require small layout modification]. Will restricting the cell's output be enough to stop any overpressure? I've noticed that when switching off the cell, vice the KC, the KC will not shutdown immediately [running off cable buffer] and with the Assembly/Charging Station 0.5 bars away from the red at shutoff...
You'll need to shut both cell & KC off via redstone signal

Also, what mod are you using for the details on armor, time, light, exp, stutus effects, etc

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019

Doesnt matter l0l. The remaining RF after the cell switches off is fine with 3/4 KC input. IF ur using more than that i suggest applying redstone signal to both. The cap remaining in each KC will only be 200 MJ each, at the 100 or 110 RF / KC.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Should have figured this sooner given which mod the block comes from...Enchantment Router is provided by MFR ;).
You can hopper-in items into the Enchantment Router via SFM, but the output sides need buffers [chests/trash can/etc.] to allow further SFM interaction.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Should have figured this sooner given which mod the block comes from...Enchantment Router is provided by MFR ;).
You can hopper-in items into the Enchantment Router via SFM, but the output sides need buffers [chests/trash can/etc.] to allow further SFM interaction.
It's designed to be used with conveyor belts. I think Buildcraft pipes work as well, but obvously that's not an option in CL.

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
You'll need to shut both cell & KC off via redstone signal

Also, what mod are you using for the details on armor, time, light, exp, stutus effects, etc
InGameInfoXML-1.6.4-2.5.1.37-client [default configs] but someone kindly posted a CL-friendly version here...somewhere?

Doesnt matter l0l. The remaining RF after the cell switches off is fine with 3/4 KC input. IF ur using more than that i suggest applying redstone signal to both. The cap remaining in each KC will only be 200 MJ each, at the 100 or 110 RF / KC.
I should be able to easily do both [cell/KC should be touching the emitter in my layout]. Just have to redesign the station's power hookup as one conduit was powering 2 KCs.

FallenS0ul

Jul 29, 2019
InGameInfoXML-1.6.4-2.5.1.37-client [default configs] but someone kindly posted a CL-friendly version here...somewhere?

I should be able to easily do both [cell/KC should be touching the emitter in my layout]. Just have to redesign the station's power hookup as one conduit was powering 2 KCs.

Just increase RF output in proportion to KCs 100RF / KC (or 110 not sure, just check that the MJ in KC is capped at 200)

SmokeLuvr1971

Jul 29, 2019
Just increase RF output in proportion to KCs 100RF / KC (or 110 not sure, just check that the MJ in KC is capped at 200)
If I leave design as-is, I'd have 2 emitters turning off 2 KCs and one cell which could lead to either Assembler/Charging Station running out of pressure [KC would be on but cell would still be off].[DOUBLEPOST=1413881823][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's 110 RF BTW ;)

Last edited: