Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
What pack are you using?

If you have MFFS 3 (Calclavia's fork), you could simply use one force field to mine out a big vertical rectangle underground, and a caterpillar drive made from a couple of the field modulator things (or whatever they're called) to move the rig along.

You say you have frames... Does this mean you're in a pack with Redpower, or are you using some other mod for those? If the former, an IC2 Mining Laser in long-range mode in a Deployer facing upward or downward will break a vertical column of blocks. If you're in a more recent pack, you could use an Autonomous Activator from Thermal Expansion with a mining laser to the same effect.

Alternatively, if you have lots and lots of resources, you could make a movable wall of Applied Energistics transition planes, which are basically instant block breakers that automatically dump their output into your ME network. However, I'm not sure how much AE stuff likes being moved.

Its a custom one in singleplayer only so I can add whatever I want.

Currently I am liking the MFFS route so I'll add that. I also have RiM and Funky locomotion.

So with redstone (I also have project red) is there a way to say if the frame machine moved forward 1 block then move left 1 then back 1 then right 2 then forward 2 (etc so it just makes one huge consistent hole in the ground?) Can this be done easier with computer craft? Just be noted that I absolutely hate programming for ten minutes than setting up redstone for an hour and a half.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
So with redstone (I also have project red) is there a way to say if the frame machine moved forward 1 block then move left 1 then back 1 then right 2 then forward 2 (etc so it just makes one huge consistent hole in the ground?) Can this be done easier with computer craft? Just be noted that I absolutely hate programming for ten minutes than setting up redstone for an hour and a half.
You want to do something technically sophisticated... but you hate doing everything that is necessary in order to do technically sophisticated things... oh dear. This isn't going to be much fun for you!

ComputerCraft is one option, but if it gets interrupted then it will be a mess to get it going again. You'd need to store the current direction of travel and incrementation status. Does anyone know if CC is resilient to chunk unloading now, or does it still hard reboot?

I can't think of another option that can keep track of position and state. You could wait for RP3 and do it in a Forth computer... <duck/>

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
You want to do something technically sophisticated... but you hate doing everything that is necessary in order to do technically sophisticated things... oh dear. This isn't going to be much fun for you!

ComputerCraft is one option, but if it gets interrupted then it will be a mess to get it going again. You'd need to store the current direction of travel and incrementation status. Does anyone know if CC is resilient to chunk unloading now, or does it still hard reboot?

I can't think of another option that can keep track of position and state. You could wait for RP3 and do it in a Forth computer... <duck/>

True but surely it can't be that hard to wire up a redstone contraption that to output a signal requires the signal to be one digit higher than the previous one. I can use a sequencer to make it go in order that I want and a repeater to delay the signal then a pulse former so it only pulses the machine once.

Also about the chunk loading issue you could use wireless redstone to carry the signal instead of having the computer on the frame machine :)

The current issue is with the previous+1=ouput bit. But honestly that might be one line of code...

hisagishi

Jul 29, 2019
Chunk unloading happens when you log out. I don't know if ComputerCraft does a hard reset still.

Oh right good point, I didn't think of that. I thought you meant that moving the frame machine + chunk loader causes the chunk to be very temporarily unloaded.[DOUBLEPOST=1413892828][/DOUBLEPOST]Is there some mod that adds an item like the Spoils Bag from dartcraft or the mystery bags from the hardcore maps to dungeon chests?

Last edited:

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
More on my strange NPE:
log - http://paste.ubuntu.com/8617323/
crashlog - http://pastebin.com/Wmg8XRdT
Again, this happens while using my thaumometer to scan any non-vanilla or Thaumcraft items. Also, it happened again on a "vanilla Thaumcraft" iron capped wooden wand, so now I'm afraid it might happen when scanning anything from this point on. So basically I can't progress in TC until this is resolved.
Inevitable"Have you tried without Optifine?"
Also, try grabbing a fresh version of Thaumcraft.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
More on my strange NPE:
log - http://paste.ubuntu.com/8617323/
crashlog - http://pastebin.com/Wmg8XRdT
Again, this happens while using my thaumometer to scan any non-vanilla or Thaumcraft items. Also, it happened again on a "vanilla Thaumcraft" iron capped wooden wand, so now I'm afraid it might happen when scanning anything from this point on. So basically I can't progress in TC until this is resolved.
If possible, try downgrading your forge version.
A lot of mods don't seem to work with forge versions higher than recommended

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Inevitable"Have you tried without Optifine?"
Also, try grabbing a fresh version of Thaumcraft.
Yes; the same thing happens with or without Optifine. Should have said that before...
Is there a fresh version past 4.2.1.4?
If possible, try downgrading your forge version.
A lot of mods don't seem to work with forge versions higher than recommended
You said that before, and I downgraded to 1224 (lowest possible) but it didn't help.

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
Yes; the same thing happens with or without Optifine. Should have said that before...

You said that before, and I downgraded to 1224 (lowest possible) but it didn't help.
Oh, so you can't go back to the recommended version that Thaumcraft uses? (1208... I think it is)

All I can suggest is just using the internet to look up the recipes in the thaumonomicon, that's what I do on a pack that has the same issue.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Oh, so you can't go back to the recommended version that Thaumcraft uses? (1208... I think it is)

All I can suggest is just using the internet to look up the recipes in the thaumonomicon, that's what I do on a pack that has the same issue.
You're not listening very well...
Thaumcraft 4.2.1.4 requires at least Forge 1224. I can't scan hardly anything with the Thaumometer for fear of crashing. TC items can't be crafted if they haven't been researched already, anyway...
I'm going to try to downgrade my TC, backwards, and see if that helps.

Wait, you have the same issue?

jordsta95

Jul 29, 2019
You're not listening very well...
Thaumcraft 4.2.1.4 requires at least Forge 1224. I can't scan hardly anything with the Thaumometer for fear of crashing. TC items can't be crafted if they haven't been researched already, anyway...
I'm going to try to downgrade my TC, backwards, and see if that helps.

Wait, you have the same issue?
Yeah, I am still using TC 4.2.01, but that works flawlessly when you run forge 1208 :p

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019

What I meant is to redownload the mod. Your copy might have gotten slightly corrupted.

Wagon153

Jul 29, 2019
Unlikely, but possible. My current copy works fine in a clean instance. But I'll try that too, if necessary.
Sounds like a mod interaction gone wrong then. Remove any mods with Thaumcraft integration(including addons) one at a time until the problem goes away.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I just tried that too; none of the mods that are TC addons or have "tidbits" of TC interaction cause any issues either.
Since it's the player that it's ticking, I wonder if it could have something to do with PlayerAPI, which, as far as I can tell, is not actually needed (then why do I have it in the first place?!)... BRB.

behedwin

Jul 29, 2019
whats the name of the item that can move items and liquids from one inventory to anoter.
its like to plates you put on a machine/chest and then it makes some sparkling effects and transport the stuff over.