Ars Magica

electroscape

Jul 29, 2019
i do wish i didnt show until you got your first ars magica level.
however, IMO the ultimate pack should have as many good mods as possible, for example, greg tech.
many people dont like GT, but those people just remove it from the pack or use the DW20 pack instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1357864011]
however, IMO the ultimate pack should have as many good mods as possible, for example, greg tech.
many people dont like GT, but those people just remove it from the pack or use the DW20 pack instead.[DOUBLEPOST=1357864059][/DOUBLEPOST]however, IMO the ultimate pack should have as many good mods as possible, for example, greg tech.
many people dont like GT, but those people just remove it from the pack or use the DW20 pack instead.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
As far as actual playing goes I use my own private modpack which isn't a problem. But say I wanted to play on a server or something like an adventure map, and by default they will probably have/use GT and/or ars magica.

Maffeo404

Jul 29, 2019
I found your dryad problem....Its not on the Ars Magicka side, its Mo' Creatures, that mod is messing with the way things spawn....

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Agreed, mo creatures can cause many mob related errors. I believe it adds a tab for each mob to turn down the spawn frequency.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
I found your dryad problem....Its not on the Ars Magicka side, its Mo' Creatures, that mod is messing with the way things spawn....

Mo creatures is a mess when it comes to other mods that add mobs, that said I wasn't even using mo creatures at the time due to an incompatibility with forge (and yes it is a forge mod xD)

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest thing argument against Ars Magica is that it's not stable enough for the Ultimate pack.

Very recently, there was a huge bug that had a chance to destroy worlds whenever a new chunk was created (exploration). It went unresolved for quite some time, then the author posted a "workaround" fix, but he doesn't exude confidence as to whether he actually fixed it.

I don't want another Beta A pack. I want stability.

A lot of the other stuff included in FTB has been in Tekkit or around a long time such that the major bugs have been worked out, and the bugs that pop up involve cross-mod interaction (ender chests and BC pipes), or existing bugs that only have popped up when you try to cross-mod (mystcraft and world anchors).

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
The biggest thing argument against Ars Magica is that it's not stable enough for the Ultimate pack.

Very recently, there was a huge bug that had a chance to destroy worlds whenever a new chunk was created (exploration). It went unresolved for quite some time, then the author posted a "workaround" fix, but he doesn't exude confidence as to whether he actually fixed it.

I don't want another Beta A pack. I want stability.

A lot of the other stuff included in FTB has been in Tekkit or around a long time such that the major bugs have been worked out, and the bugs that pop up involve cross-mod interaction (ender chests and BC pipes), or existing bugs that only have popped up when you try to cross-mod (mystcraft and world anchors).

A workaround is another way of saying a very sloppy fix. But still a fix, and as there have been no complaints about the issue, I would say that it seems to be resolved.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
The other thing is Ars is still in beta though I have noticed the last version was "RC" so a release candidate, Mithion the author is doing things right as far as I can see. Beta testing is specifically for finding the exact bugs that are mentioned here, I've been running Ars betas for a while and truthfully it's less buggy and less problem prone than many of the full release mods I run, even ones that have far less complexity in their gameplay options.

AlexUbel

Jul 29, 2019
Its seems like a really cool mod, but its current conflicts with other mods have kept me from installing it into Minecraft. Once those are resolved I will probably use it.

That said, I know IDs can be changed to avoid ID conflict, but I'm not comfortable enough in making the changes myself, so I'm waiting patiently for a more stable release.

Jyzarc

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's definitely really buggy, but even if those bugs were fixed I wouldn't want to see it in the ultimate pack, to me it just takes over the world too much. like too many new mobs and structures. Maybe if it is gonna be disabled by default like GT

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah it's definitely really buggy, but even if those bugs were fixed I wouldn't want to see it in the ultimate pack, to me it just takes over the world too much. like too many new mobs and structures. Maybe if it is gonna be disabled by default like GT
The mob spawns and structure spawns are completely configurable as you have been repeatedly told.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
RC means it's just around the corner, pretty much like pre-release. The monsters, I'm scared of, I'm a big wuss when it comes to MC and I play on Easy but I can't wait for the mod since it's pure magic so...

jnads

Jul 29, 2019
The mob spawns and structure spawns are completely configurable as you have been repeatedly told.
Well, the big problem at the current moment is that it the mod is designed to pretty much take over the world.

It makes sense in the Magic Pack, but not entirely in the Ultimate Pack.

In the Ultimate, for the post part if you don't want to touch a mod, you don't have to touch it. However, Ars Magica adds Wizard mobs to the game..... which are most easily beat by using magic.

So adding Ars Magica pretty much obligates you to use Ars Magica.

People complained that the Wizards were too powerful on the forums if you are level 1 / don't use magic. They asked to turn the spawning of the Wizards down. The mod author vehemently indicated he would never change the Wizard spawn rate or grant a config option doing so.

No config option pretty much Nukes it from Ultimate.

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I don't know really. I still use Conan style on wizard mobs, they don't cast to well with an Adv Chainsaw to the face, or if I see them first or further away the Xeno's Reliquary GUN makes a real mess of them.
Also "really buggy" in what way? I'm running Ars (1.4.7\.489\5.32.272) and apart from a dimension related bug (magic level disappears on dimension hop until a reload) I haven't found any major bugs.

DanteGalileo

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving it running just Ars Magica, Thaumcraft 3, NEI Recipe Mode, ExtraBiomes, InventoryTweaks, Obsidian Pressure Plates, Mystcraft, Twilight Forest, Iron Chests, Redpower, Xycraft and Soul Shards through the FTB launcher Magic World Pack. If it's buggy, I haven't noticed much but I'm not to augmented spells yet.

Sometimes when exploring I will come across a big unrendered chasm but just logging out then back in fixes it every time so not at all a big deal.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Well, the big problem at the current moment is that it the mod is designed to pretty much take over the world.

It makes sense in the Magic Pack, but not entirely in the Ultimate Pack.

In the Ultimate, for the post part if you don't want to touch a mod, you don't have to touch it. However, Ars Magica adds Wizard mobs to the game..... which are most easily beat by using magic.

So adding Ars Magica pretty much obligates you to use Ars Magica.

People complained that the Wizards were too powerful on the forums if you are level 1 / don't use magic. They asked to turn the spawning of the Wizards down. The mod author vehemently indicated he would never change the Wizard spawn rate or grant a config option doing so.

No config option pretty much Nukes it from Ultimate.

The wizards are a essential part of the mod, that's like asking to remove wooden pipes from buildcraft. It doesn't work. And nuking it from the pack just because there isn't a config for something essential to the mod? I don't know if you've noticed, but gregtech also adds many unconfigurable things, I'm pretty sure that nobody's been complaining about that.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
I'm loving it running just Ars Magica, Thaumcraft 3, NEI Recipe Mode, ExtraBiomes, InventoryTweaks, Obsidian Pressure Plates, Mystcraft, Twilight Forest, Iron Chests, Redpower, Xycraft and Soul Shards through the FTB launcher Magic World Pack.
Awwww this is so tempting man! PURE magic! I'm literally on the verge of doing this myself (but with EE3 also). You added RP and XY just for the worldgen right?

WTFFFS

Jul 29, 2019
I'm running something very similar to that list in my Magic World but I also added Forestry (just for the Bees\Backpacks), Factorisation since a lot of it is great utility and some of it is definitely in the magical vein aand Cogs of the Machine ok it's not really magical but I loved Arcanum and a Steampunkish mod works to give sort of the same feel oh and Xeno's Reliquary since it is magical swag and the gun works for the Arcanum feel as well.

vasouv

Jul 29, 2019
Hey, so I'm watching Mithion's LP and he mentioned that upon death you lose your magical levels. I'm still in the beginning of the LP and there's a chance he may have changed that, what's happening now you're guys playing with it?