Ars Magica

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
IIRC cobble is worth 60 each, an igneus makes one cobble every two seconds, and it takes 5600 or so per iron block. I'm tired as heck, so I might have something wrong with any part of this, but 5600 / 60 * 2 is one iron block every 186ish seconds per igneus, and there's really no limit to how many igneus's you can have pumping into one nexus.

As always, feel free to correct me on any part of this, these numbers were off the top of my head, but I set this system up last week. I think the Ars Magica version was the one previous to the current version, though. So it might have changed.
Might be wrong, but i'm pretty sure the value of it is much much less than 60.

n00bshotgunner

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, I try to do that. I think the way the fabricator works is pretty balanced as the only way to passively produce things with it is a light nexus, which is EXTREMELY slow.

Another method is a Dark Nexus, hooked up to a mob spawner. The drops can be used to fuel a regular Nexus. Just throwing that out there.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
Another method is a Dark Nexus, hooked up to a mob spawner. The drops can be used to fuel a regular Nexus. Just throwing that out there.

Well yeah, but that takes an unbelievably long time to set up legitimately. I assume you're using soul shards for that.

n00bshotgunner

Jul 29, 2019
Well yeah, but that takes an unbelievably long time to set up legitimately. I assume you're using soul shards for that.

Not so long, when you have a Vile Sword with Soul Steal 3. I just delay doing anything like that until I've gotten pretty well set up. As in, have a version of Direwolf20's mining machine running 24/7. In another Age. And let me tell you, spawn-camping a zombie dungeon with that sword works wonders for getting souls.