[1.7.10][LISTED] InfiTech 2 Modpack v3.2.21 [HQM][GregTech balanced hard-mode modpack]

Blood Asp

Jul 29, 2019
redstone->rubydust->chrome is the best way.

Uvarovite is a product of yellow garnet. But it can only be obtained in small amounts, so not the way to go.

Reactions: gallowglass

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
So far I've only processed my ruby dust from Ruby ore, and not touched my redstone supplies. But centrifuging redstone has many nice byproducts, such as mercury for chemical bathing, so at some point it will be done (especially since GT is not redstone-hungry at all, but AE will use a bit).

MigukNamja

Jul 29, 2019
Chrome dust to make stainless steel. What's the best way to get it? Processing redstone? Finding a manganese vein? How come I can't find uvawhateverite in the configs? Am I just being dumb?

Centrifuging a redstone vein : once for Ruby and twice for Redstone. As for Manganese, I found most of my mine - and all I've ever needed - in loot/dungeon/Thaumcraft chests. I haven't found a vein with any Manganese in it yet.

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario
Can someone who knows things about stuff tell me if the GT Transformer (in step-down) can output 4A from a single side?

From the Wiki:
GT transformers will output 1A if used to step-up Voltages and output 4A if used to step-down.

It seems like it can, just want to confirm.

Tyriael_Soban

Jul 29, 2019
Centrifuging a redstone vein : once for Ruby and twice for Redstone. As for Manganese, I found most of my mine - and all I've ever needed - in loot/dungeon/Thaumcraft chests. I haven't found a vein with any Manganese in it yet.

I found a tungstate vein on a whim last night ... seems to byproduct into manganese and lithium.

Reactions: MigukNamja

Azkeel

Jul 29, 2019
If you haven't planned this already, I would also recommend making an assembler/engraver/press early. It makes crafting the circuits so much nicer (and cheaper)... among others from 4 red alloy wire to 2.

As for tools, I limited myself to stone, wrought iron and shards until I could make a mining drill (requires Stainless Steel -> EBF). I found enough steel armor in dungeons (those dungeons that you enter through an "exhaust pipe" made of stone bricks are full of chests) to last me a while.

Thanks for the tips. I created CESU, LV transformer and LV wiremill + some additional lower tier bronze steam boilers (simple solar and small coal ones, they work pretty fine with RC tank as steam buffer and active chunkloader), so I don't have to worry about energy shortages. Next, I'll make those 3 machines that you mentioned.

As for loot chests, I've only found some mineshafts so far. I don't think I have ever seen those 'pipe' dungeons. Are they biome or mod specific ?

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
As for loot chests, I've only found some mineshafts so far. I don't think I have ever seen those 'pipe' dungeons. Are they biome or mod specific ?

I've only found them in the snowy flat biomes (tundra?) and the plains or meadow biomes so they may be. I've got no idea what mod they are from unfortunately.

I looted one yesterday. There are hidden chests in the walls but there are also spawners under them too so watch out for those. Either take a diamond pickaxes or plenty of torches when you do find one.

Edit: avoid the spider webs in there but use them to your advantage when fighting the mobs like haunted armour n zombies.

Sent from my iPhone

Earhbound

Jul 29, 2019
to give a little bit of feedback: for me, minechem has to go
it keeps breaking minecraft on loading like 3 of 4 times and kind of breaks other mechanics
(yesterday i had some items with an infinite number on molecules)
also conflicts with spice of life

and a short recommendation on clientside mods:
mousetweaks
thaumcraft NEI plugin

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
to give a little bit of feedback: for me, minechem has to go
it keeps breaking minecraft on loading like 3 of 4 times and kind of breaks other mechanics
(yesterday i had some items with an infinite number on molecules)
also conflicts with spice of life

and a short recommendation on clientside mods:
mousetweaks
thaumcraft NEI plugin

I haven't used minechem to make any judgement on it. Give it a chance to be 'gregteched' if possible and then take it from there.

About the recommendations, id say no to a thaumcraft NEI plugin. Simply because itd remove the need for the thaumiconicon which personally I like, feels more indepth searching around it for different things and like I'm using the mod to its full and intended potential.

Sent from my iPhone

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
Due to really high number of issues with Minechem, it will get disabled (but still be in the pack for those who want it) in next update.
Will also try to fix those high priority stuffz (for example the fuel exploit) for those who will want the Minechem to exist :)

Sorry about that.

Reactions: Grove

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
Due to really high number of issues with Minechem, it will get disabled (but still be in the pack for those who want it) in next update.
Will also try to fix those high priority stuffz (for example the fuel exploit) for those who will want the Minechem to exist :)

Sorry about that.

I personally think it has potential to be enabled on default. There are a fair few issues with it by the sounds of it but if the mod dev is active and willing to add (forgot what it's called. My minds gone blank) support for the recipe changing thingy so we can alter stuff, then it could add another level of complexity and awesome ness.

Everything else in minecraft is based on ores, processing or magic. This is the first mod ive seen to fully bring in protons, electrons and similar things. I'd love to learn more and get into it to see what crazy stuff I can make.

Edit: MineTweaker! That's the one!

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited:
Reactions: Pyure

Jason McRay

Jul 29, 2019
I personally think it has potential to be enabled on default. There are a fair few issues with it by the sounds of it but if the mod dev is active and willing to add (forgot what it's called. My minds gone blank) support for the recipe changing thingy so we can alter stuff, then it could add another level of complexity and awesome ness.

Everything else in minecraft is based on ores, processing or magic. This is the first mod ive seen to fully bring in protons, electrons and similar things. I'd love to learn more and get into it to see what crazy stuff I can make.

Sent from my iPhone
Will see how it goes. I wanted to do some recording today, but I guess I will be fixing the mess I brought to the pack :)

Pyure

Not Totally Useless
Aug 14, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario

Edit: MineTweaker! That's the one!

Sent from my iPhone
+1.

I haven't tried it out yet but I really like the idea of minechem and hope its possible to keep it incorporated in a balanced fashion. The key will be somehow nullifying the many exploits people are noticing already.

Grove

Jul 29, 2019
+1.

I haven't tried it out yet but I really like the idea of minechem and hope its possible to keep it incorporated in a balanced fashion. The key will be somehow nullifying the many exploits people are noticing already.
The idea of tinkering with atoms to possible create new materials or what ever the mod does seems very interesting. Hopefully when the issues are sorted we can get into this mod!

Sent from my iPhone

mcalpha

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I tried to start the pack on a different computer, I got until "[minechem] Registering other Mod Recipes..." and there it stopped, I killed MC after ~ 15 minutes.

But yeah, in theory I agree that the mod is interesting, *especially* in a modpack with GT that adds many rare chemical elements in ore form already.

Hlaaftana

Jul 29, 2019
Last time I tried to start the pack on a different computer, I got until "[minechem] Registering other Mod Recipes..." and there it stopped, I killed MC after ~ 15 minutes.
There's an issue with the config files in Minechem. If you leave the synthesizer/decomposer blacklist empty, the mod will try to blacklist every single mod recipe.

By the way, I haven't visited this thread in a while. I'm glad I was the cause of a mod, potentially a integratable one to be added to the pack. The thing is, Minechem is a bit exploity and overpowered, for example, the ores and the steel recipe. I helped writing some of the code for the polarized glass, that's one of the main reasons I kept the mod for a long time in my modpacks.

Saryy

Jul 29, 2019
Bug report - I have no idea if it's mod fault or mistake when editing recipes, so I'll just leave it here.

Smelting 1 Rubber pulp (GT) in Alloy smelter (Ender IO) gives 13 Rubber bars (GT). InfiTech 2.0.5

EDIT: Actually anything containing rubber (from tool heads to machines) gives exactly 13 Rubber bars in eIO Alloy smelter.