[1.7.10] TolkienCraft II - Adventure Awaits! - v2.9.5[QUESTS][ADVENTURE][NORMAL MODE]

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
i have come to the realization i need a new computer 3 fps is just not enough to handle the troll optifine and all that is no help. could someone with good fps on this pack please tell me their specs so i dont buy the wrong one again.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
i have come to the realization i need a new computer 3 fps is just not enough to handle the troll optifine and all that is no help. could someone with good fps on this pack please tell me their specs so i dont buy the wrong one again.
Well, I am using a midlevel video card and 4 core processor with 3GHz on a 16GB Ram system (windows 7)

EDIT:

Not only did I notify them in the forum topic I have with them, but also PM'd both 3rd party pack Admins...hopefully it gets fixed quickly

Vals NoisyToys

Jul 29, 2019

Check my YT about page, I list my computer. Bear in mind I need more power than most as I need to stream in addition to playing. :) VNT Youtube About

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Why was the LOTR mod taken out? Just updated and noticed my companion no longer had any gear or weapons. (Not a big issue, most of the gear was from the reward bags anyway,)
It wasn't, apparently the upload the FTB team pushed was corrupted. I have sent messages to everyone involved with the 3rd party packs and have not gotten a response unfortunately.

Anyone wanting the real update, here is the link to the archive:
http://goo.gl/Fj13sr

I promise as soon as I hear what happened and/or they fixed it I will let everyone know.

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
Okay that makes sense, generated a new world and saw so much missing NPC skins, and goofy things. Thanks for the quick reply.
I try to respond quickly every chance I get...why situations like this frustrate me since I have no way to control it.[DOUBLEPOST=1414365774][/DOUBLEPOST]Hey guys, the FTB team said they fixed it...can you guys check and let me know?

Last edited:

WadeIsOP

Jul 29, 2019
I have no clue what is going on, I downloaded the 2.2.0 version, but when I launch it I just get the 1.7.10 with no mods including forge. Just vanilla. Don't know if this is what Vals was talking about or not. It is only with this pack.

Reactions: GreatOrator

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
Mate, I tried to fix my fps problem initially with a combination of the java argument and fastcraft. The lag was actually worse. Then i tried just fastcraft and it was just as bad. When i tried with only the Java argument my problems went away. Admittedly I didn't try with optifine. Perhaps you need to try some mix and match before going to the lengths of a new PC or upgrading your processor. Incidentally, my PC has a core i7 4770 processor and lots of RAM and it still slowed to 3 fps when things weren't working properly with this pack. And the graphics card is a GTX 770 x 3 gb oc so it wasn't the texture pack slowing me down. Minecraft 1.7 is apparently renowned for this issue if all the stuff I've read is correct. Hopefully when 1.8 is released things will improve on that front.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have 2.2 on my launcher yet, I guess I'm lucky! I just installed this on my server and it definitely helped with FPS while recording. If you happen to have server space laying around, I definitely recommend it.

On a side note, I was opening some bags, basically saying I wish I could get a jetpack, and BOOM I get some Golden Wings or something. I wouldn't believe it but I got it on tape! Do they have durability or flight time or anything? I don't really wanna fall out of the sky randomly... :D

GreatOrator

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have 2.2 on my launcher yet, I guess I'm lucky! I just installed this on my server and it definitely helped with FPS while recording. If you happen to have server space laying around, I definitely recommend it.

On a side note, I was opening some bags, basically saying I wish I could get a jetpack, and BOOM I get some Golden Wings or something. I wouldn't believe it but I got it on tape! Do they have durability or flight time or anything? I don't really wanna fall out of the sky randomly... :D
They are infinite actually...you will never need to worry about falling out of the sky...:)

Ok, did some testing, neither I nor FTB can figure out what is borking the update. I just uploaded a fresh clean copy and for testing this will be called 2.2.1, the good news is, this will include the recent update to tinkers so you will be able to use crafting stations again.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
I don't have 2.2 on my launcher yet, I guess I'm lucky! I just installed this on my server and it definitely helped with FPS while recording. If you happen to have server space laying around, I defini

I have been flying across the breadth of Middle Earth (several hours irl) and my lovely wings are still in pristine working order. They don't seem to have a durability meter.

Xolan

Jul 29, 2019
They are infinite actually...you will never need to worry about falling out of the sky...:)

Ok, did some testing, neither I nor FTB can figure out what is borking the update. I just uploaded a fresh clean copy and for testing this will be called 2.2.1, the good news is, this will include the recent update to tinkers so you will be able to use crafting stations again.

SICK! I just hit the jackpot then! I guess maybe I could put back a stack or two of diamonds from the poor ring keepers chest... NAW JK MINE :D

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019

One of the other pack pages I read commented on a broken download for new version releases, so I don't think it is just Tolkiencraft having problems.

MissLid

Jul 29, 2019
A perfect song for Middle Earth -
[DOUBLEPOST=1414379350][/DOUBLEPOST]CTD when leaving Middle Earth to return to Over World. Was wearing angel wings and hovered in the ring.

Edit: reloaded world and materialised underground at coordinates 0,3,0 - way to the north of the city. Also, the revealed part of my map (from exploration) has vanished.

Attachments

• crash-2014-10-27_14.06.59-client.txt
    40 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

cravenhydra78

Jul 29, 2019
A perfect song for Middle Earth -
[DOUBLEPOST=1414379350][/DOUBLEPOST]CTD when leaving Middle Earth to return to Over World. Was wearing angel wings and hovered in the ring.

Edit: reloaded world and materialised underground at coordinates 0,3,0 - way to the north of the city. Also, the revealed part of my map (from exploration) has vanished.
i had it happen when returning that i was below bedrock and fell i think its a problem with lotr mod i see it a lot online. probably just have to teleport back home, at least for now.

also thanks for your reply on my computer problems. i have been playing around with arguments, optifine and fastcraft for 2 days. i even got java 8. the best i can come up with is with all 3 im at 9fps standing still drops to 2 when moving. i really think the problem is my 300 dollar wall mart computer which doesn't even have a graphics card. but like i said thank you all for trying

eDilettante

Jul 29, 2019
Go home Chald, you're drunk! :)

Chald.jpg