[1.6.4]Crash Landing [Hardcore, HQM] version 1.1.x BETA STABLE

twisto51

Jul 29, 2019
Look closely at the books you're trying to use.
Been posted 4 or 5 times in this thread already.

I just tried a search on the thread for "crafting grinder" and got good hits. :p

Shin Sekai

Jul 29, 2019
Hey,

Please can someone help me ? I'm stuck at the grinder quest, I can't craft the grinder, I tried restarting my game and other crafting table but nothing work, my game is broken somehow or I'm missing something ?

Don't use books from the city, craft your own. Only takes string, wood (patterns), and paper. You can smelt rotten flesh for leather too.

Jennasie

Jul 29, 2019
i did a quick search of this thread and i didnt find anything helpful so i thought i would ask...

ive been playing this map for a while now however my radar icons are bugged. ive tried re downloading the pack and downloading the mod and re installing just the mod, and using texture packs,.. but nothing seems to be working.

my issue is that the icons are, instead of mob heads, small mini maps. they over take my whole map and over lap each other and i really have no idea how to fix it... anyone have any insight?

Attachments

• 2014-09-04_10.51.35.png
    2014-09-04_10.51.35.png
    319.3 KB · Views: 84

Zallori

Jul 29, 2019
Hello people of Internet!
I request aid! I always get stuck at a certain point in this map. It's the water problem. I get to the cobble gen phase, have a small food income, and I have to bonemeal trees if I need wood. The problem comes with the water, because I never have enough. I cannot spend my time on anything else except water canning the crops or bonemealing trees, and using it to create dirt and making clean water with my furnace. I get bored and try something else, but then I get a heat stroke, get swarmed with spiders and lose all my hunger or something else. I'm playing the hard route ofcourse.
Any tips for early water gain? I tried shears but I run out of iron pretty fast. Thanks a lot in advance!
Generally rushing a furnace will be enough. Once I have a furnace and shears (1 pair of shears makes what? conservatively around 15 water bottles) I tend not to have to worry about water as long as I farm trees occasionally. Some things you can try:
Using the Water can on trees will speed up the process as well.
'Spider-proofing' (making an extrusion around the top of your base) will prevent most spiders from getting in.
Make a tree farm...space some trees out to get 4-6 growing and it's much easier to farm. (note: I only use one tree but that's cause I'm weird)
Make a crucible...It lets you go directly from leaves -> water (and can be automated later!)
Maybe spend more time sieving? I normally have enough iron dust for about 4 pairs of shears (32) in the first couple days.

Others can help you more but hope this helps! :D

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
anyone have any insight?
that is a particularly interesting bug. i have no clue what could be causing it or how to fix it though.

Generally rushing a furnace will be enough. Once I have a furnace and shears (1 pair of shears makes what? conservatively around 15 water bottles) I tend not to have to worry about water as long as I farm trees occasionally. Some things you can try:
one pair of shears gets you 23.8 water bottles worth of water in the liquid transposer. i'd have to do further research for the cruicible/barrel method's output.

Using the Water can on trees will speed up the process as well.
watering can is mostly useless considering the ludicrous amount of bonemeal you get for making the morning rounds of your trench. you'll need it for spreading grass for seeds though.

'Spider-proofing' (making an extrusion around the top of your base) will prevent most spiders from getting in.
this is only a good idea to do once you're well established. spider eyes are absolutely essential until you get a diverse farm setup.

Make a tree farm...space some trees out to get 4-6 growing and it's much easier to farm. (note: I only use one tree but that's cause I'm weird)
there's no point to planting more than one wood/leaf gathering tree, as you can just bonemeal it. you'll want as many different fruit trees as you can get though.

Make a crucible...It lets you go directly from leaves -> water (and can be automated later!)
by the time you have the ability to make a water crucible, you should easily be able to automate it already. it only takes a single transfer node or itemduct.

Maybe spend more time sieving? I normally have enough iron dust for about 4 pairs of shears (32) in the first couple days.
you should be able to get shears for day 2 without issue if you sieve a couple stacks of dust on the first night.
critiques/clarifications in blue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jennasie

Erik Deakin

Jul 29, 2019
Been running 112 with a few friends and now all the sudden we are not able to break blocks, open chests or interact with machines. The last thing I did was break down the ship walls to expand the base. Not sure if this has anything to do with this issue.
Has anyone else experienced this issue or know a fix for this?

LostBMe

Jul 29, 2019
i did a quick search of this thread and i didnt find anything helpful so i thought i would ask...

ive been playing this map for a while now however my radar icons are bugged. ive tried re downloading the pack and downloading the mod and re installing just the mod, and using texture packs,.. but nothing seems to be working.

my issue is that the icons are, instead of mob heads, small mini maps. they over take my whole map and over lap each other and i really have no idea how to fix it... anyone have any insight?

Did you try fiddling with the map controls - that kind of looks like an underground mode or something? Think it's under "m"?

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Ok, finally caught up again on this thread. Been away due to sick kids, one with strep throat and now I'm sick. (yay) plans of doing a video showing some of my ways to survive when choosing the hard route are on hold. I think it's safe to say that nobody wants to hear narrative from someone who is congested and sniffing through the whole thing. :/
Sent from my obsolete Nokia via Tapatalk

Jennasie

Jul 29, 2019
Did you try fiddling with the map controls - that kind of looks like an underground mode or something? Think it's under "m"?

ive fiddled with about every setting i can find. its such and odd bug, the mob icon shows up so tiny on the little map,

Hamburger76

Jul 29, 2019
Hello people of Internet!
I request aid! I always get stuck at a certain point in this map. It's the water problem. I get to the cobble gen phase, have a small food income, and I have to bonemeal trees if I need wood. The problem comes with the water, because I never have enough. I cannot spend my time on anything else except water canning the crops or bonemealing trees, and using it to create dirt and making clean water with my furnace. I get bored and try something else, but then I get a heat stroke, get swarmed with spiders and lose all my hunger or something else. I'm playing the hard route ofcourse.
Any tips for early water gain? I tried shears but I run out of iron pretty fast. Thanks a lot in advance!

There's another thread that that covers tip and tricks, but if you are still in an endless death cycle over water after getting shears, you're doing something wrong. My guess is you are drinking water straight from the bottle and not using it to fill your camel pack.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
I say someone add MFFS and see if they get through that. then we'll know if Iskandar's trolling us or not. :)

TBH, the incursions I have seen were preventable using blocks that they can't spawn on in first place. Thus, half slabs and TE metal blocks.

They seem to ignore lighting from artificial sources to some degree and there is a specific unknown reason why that isn't a global problem, but under some circumstances, it fails and allows spawning in (and this is not the reinforcement mechanic at work).

Then you have reinforcement or whatever which I just can't speak for since I tend to hold back the mobs and push them to a certain distance away.

All I can say is. The way I play, I spiral out in 4 directions, usually one at a time, while I have resources/time, after about the first or second week, planning more space for things to plop down, etc... but continue doing that as I go on even when I don't need anymore space. Hard to explain without huge wall of text and/or pics. I'll try to make it one paragraph.

Initial walls trench take me 3-4 days to do and is about 20-30 blocks away from ship and engine on all sides. lit by torches. I pick a side to expand and go out about 40-50 blocks and close off that area, fence/slab top, and then light inside. Rinse repeat for other 3 blocks so I have a funny non symetrical city blocks. Then rinse/repeat a couple more times outwards. I usually end up with 1 city block area between any buildings/structures/factories whatever that are actually being used. All the exterior areas are lit by glowstone glass or bricks. Yes, I see yellow lines on F7 but they disappear as soon as you walk on them.

With that setup, over multiple games, I've had a handful, maybe 2 of 'incursions' and they are always (always!) on the outter areas lit by artificial lights. I've never ever had any incursions that I didn't cause myself on that important first ring of walls. ever.

That leads me to believe that proximity is key here. I don't know. I like it this way. Hell, I don't even get ghasts come a visiting since they like all mobs have to spawn outside and they have no LOS to me so they don't enter or just freely fly over and into my area. It's nice and peaceful and I can build in peace. Every so often I'll get bored, run around walls and taunt the mobs and sometimes jump over until I realize I'm being stupid and head back.

I say that if you actually like having them as neighbors, consider all the problems an added bonus and stop griping about it :) Seriously! Unless we figure out what's causing it, there's not much to do about it cept use my strategy. I guarantee 100% it does work.
See, that's all well and good, but... look at my screenshot again. This is the dawn of the third day in that world. I haven't had nearly enough time to get a huge walled-in compound in order to push the mobs back. This early, I rely on the drops from a drowning trap (quickly updated to lava) to get a stockpile of compressed dirt that'll last me a good while as I set up a proper dark room grinder with punji trap and vacuum hopper.
It looks like you haven't fixed up the front of your ship. They probably climbed over the cockpit into your walled off area.

You don't need to convince anyone other than yourself. Taking the easy route and using NEI on day 2 though...
Don't patronize me. I've been playing this modpack long enough that I don't have to report to or please you, or anyone else, by playing Hard route every single time. Nothing aggravates me more than staring at a sapling for 20 minutes at the start of a map. I want to jump right in and get things going so I can get back to where I was more quickly. Sync is also great for people like me who have older computers and die because of Minecraft performance issues. It's kind of hard to fight back against a baby zombie that somehow spawns literally 3 blocks away from you inside your hermetically sealed ship when your fps drops to 2 if you take damage from a zombie, yeah?

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Been away due to sick kids, one with strep throat and now I'm sick. (yay)
i've been there, except in reverse. i was the sick kid, and my mother got sick while caring for me. strep throat really is one of the most bothersome viruses that go around ever year... not even remotely deadly (unless you have a weak immune system in the first place), but strong enough to keep you bedridden nonetheless.

Last edited:

Summit

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, strep throat is really prevalent because of people like me. I can carry the virus w/o ever getting sick so I spread it around to everybody unknowingly.

Genshou

Jul 29, 2019
it's stuff like this that is the reason i turn special mobs off. the mod is just too far broken, all the problems vastly outweigh the extra variety it adds.
Except I'm not using Special Mobs. Even with v3.0 in Crash Landing 1.1.2, it causes massive fps spiking every night. It's not as bad as it used to be with the utter lack of pathfinding optimization, but the mod is apparently still hogging resources in ways that Programmers Should Know Not to Do.

Hexerin

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah, strep throat is really prevalent because of people like me. I can carry the virus w/o ever getting sick so I spread it around to everybody unknowingly.
the upside is you only carry the one strain that you happen to be carrying, so people who have gotten sick from you are usually immune to it the next time around.

Except I'm not using Special Mobs.
irrelevant, i was just using the situation you described as an example for my own statement.

mattp_12

Jul 29, 2019
I have found a bug while messing around in my world. What the bug does is it freezes the game and then crashes the game. What you do is click crtl-Q to throw a stack of any item while simultaneously clicking "u" while highlighting the item. If done correctly, the game should crash.