Would you build this?

Would you build this?

• Total voters

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
sorry for the multi-posting but I have to ask, how exactly does one get a blast furnace to 1800C?
- friction heaters are hard-capped at 1400C, even with two gas turbines in the nether.
- heaters just get to 1400C and blow up, even in the nether this barely gets it to 1400C while being sacrificial
- heat rays do... nothing... they only burn wood and generate plasma for fusion
- cant stack sources, the heat from the back of the turbine doesn't even get added anywhere
- don't react to reactors, but they shouldn't anyway in that sense

also @Reika the empty string crash is still in V25b... :/
as well as a version report bug, on joining a server it will say the API is outdated and you should 'update' (rollback) to V25.

I know the latest release is V25d, but nothing in those is important to me and not worth the effort updating unless the two issues above are to be fixed in V25e.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
sorry for the multi-posting but I have to ask, how exactly does one get a blast furnace to 1800C?
- friction heaters are hard-capped at 1400C, even with two gas turbines in the nether.
- heaters just get to 1400C and blow up, even in the nether this barely gets it to 1400C while being sacrificial
- heat rays do... nothing... they only burn wood and generate plasma for fusion
- cant stack sources, the heat from the back of the turbine doesn't even get added anywhere
- don't react to reactors, but they shouldn't anyway in that sense
They are in the exhaust of the jet engine, which is 1400C.

also @Reika the empty string crash is still in V25b... :/
as well as a version report bug, on joining a server it will say the API is outdated and you should 'update' (rollback) to V25.
This was fixed a few hours ago.

I know the latest release is V25d, but nothing in those is important to me and not worth the effort updating unless the two issues above are to be fixed in V25e.
I do not support old versions whatsoever.

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Why do you need to get to 1800C? I don't recall even bedrock requiring that.

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
tier 5 converter upgrade, not sure of any other recipes.

edit;
oooo @Reika just noticed a dictionary fault with the bedrock dust and ingots, unless it was on purpose?
OPOZjiK.png

of course if you already fixed that post-V25b than just ignore this...

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Has something changed in that recipe? Last I upgraded it required tungsten, which could be made at 1350C. I won't need to make new ones any time soon, since I made a stack before upgrading, just in case....

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
Has something changed in that recipe? Last I upgraded it required tungsten, which could be made at 1350C. I won't need to make new ones any time soon, since I made a stack before upgrading, just in case....
The tier 4 upgrade needs tungsten. The tier 5 needs bedrock.

so the jet just forces it to 1400C after the heatup...? o_O
fixed that one yet or want me to wait a bit?
It is not a bug.

tier 5 converter upgrade, not sure of any other recipes.

edit;
oooo @Reika just noticed a dictionary fault with the bedrock dust and ingots, unless it was on purpose?
OPOZjiK.png

of course if you already fixed that post-V25b than just ignore this...
Also not a bug, but my response to being forced to OreDict the bedrock ingot yet not wanting the automatic code from TE to provide a "dust+pyrotheum -> 2 ingots" induction smelter recipe.

Last edited:

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
The tier 4 upgrade needs tungsten. The tier 5 needs bedrock.
Hmm....I haven't used that recipe before, but I did make legit T5 upgrades at some time. I guess it's new.... temperatures and RotaryCraft, a neverending story.

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
It is not a bug.

a bit unrealistic for a gas turbine to act as a cooling device... but doesn't bother me anyway as it just means using at least a bevel gear on them.

Also not a bug, but my response to being forced to OreDict the bedrock ingot yet not wanting the automatic code from TE to provide a "dust+pyrotheum -> 2 ingots" induction smelter recipe.

I see what you mean there, however I'm not aware of it duplicating dust from ingots, it only does 1>2 for items registered with 'ore' at the start of the string, anything registered as 'dust' then goes to 2>2, non-duplicated, however yours requires 4 per ingot so that's still a problem.

One way to fix that loop is to add a alloy dust, so its then 4* dustBedrock + dustHSLA = dustBedrockAlloy, that then can be made in the blast furnace as a second recipe option, will prevent direct dust>ingot and if you really wanted to you could disable the alloy dust recipe entirely and prevent anything but your blast furnace from crafting, as you'll still have the standard blast recipe.

alternate recipe option could just be it uses the actual HSLA ingot and the result is an ingotUnrefinedBedrockAlloy, one note though atm is you don't register your HSLA as itself in the dictionary, its just standard steel (you can multi-register fyi), and also if you didn't register the middle object as anything then it will also prevent other recipes anyway, however would then be pointless having it there in the first place.

your call, you could just simply change it to dustBedrock and ingotBedrockAlloy and machines like the induction smelter will ignore it completely. and alloy crafting will be unavailable unless you specifically add an alloy recipe.

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I see what you mean there, however I'm not aware of it duplicating dust from ingots, it only does 1>2 for items registered with 'ore' at the start of the string, anything registered as 'dust' then goes to 2>2, non-duplicated, however yours requires 4 per ingot so that's still a problem.

One way to fix that loop is to add a alloy dust, so its then 4* dustBedrock + dustHSLA = dustBedrockAlloy, that then can be made in the blast furnace as a second recipe option, will prevent direct dust>ingot and if you really wanted to you could disable the alloy dust recipe entirely and prevent anything but your blast furnace from crafting, as you'll still have the standard blast recipe.

alternate recipe option could just be it uses the actual HSLA ingot and the result is an ingotUnrefinedBedrockAlloy, one note though atm is you don't register your HSLA as itself in the dictionary, its just standard steel (you can multi-register fyi), and also if you didn't register the middle object as anything then it will also prevent other recipes anyway, however would then be pointless having it there in the first place.

your call, you could just simply change it to dustBedrock and ingotBedrockAlloy and machines like the induction smelter will ignore it completely. and alloy crafting will be unavailable unless you specifically add an alloy recipe.

Why go through the hassle of doing that when it's already setup the way it needs to be?

Reactions: Not_Steve

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
a bit unrealistic for a gas turbine to act as a cooling device...
Not if the device it is cooling would otherwise be far hotter. Blow air at 1500C over a metal plate at 2000C, and the metal plate will cool to 1500C.

The OreDict names predate the "Alloy" in the name of the bedrock ingot.

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
Not if the device it is cooling would otherwise be far hotter. Blow air at 1500C over a metal plate at 2000C, and the metal plate will cool to 1500C.

if you're not factoring surface area, atmospheric properties, material thermal and the constant source of heat, yea, otherwise no, that's essentially the point I'm getting at there.

that would imply you can transfer 1000W to air just by simply increasing the pressure of the air or fluid running over it, which you cant, it doesn't work like that at all. In fact it would actually worsen the transfer the higher you go, especially if the pressure is high enough to generate its own heat through surface friction and collision.

The OreDict names predate the "Alloy" in the name of the bedrock ingot.

yea, you can just change it, the oredict is generated on init, same as everything else (apart from IDs in 1.7, that was changed to use its own per-world dictionary), as for calling the names you should just be using a class containing public static constant strings for the objects you use, if your classes are not just one-line inits already.

:p

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
if you're not factoring surface area, atmospheric properties, material thermal and the constant source of heat, yea, otherwise no, that's essentially the point I'm getting at there.
....?

yea, you can just change it, the oredict is generated on init, same as everything else (apart from IDs in 1.7, that was changed to use its own per-world dictionary), as for calling the names you should just be using a class containing public static constant strings for the objects you use, if your classes are not just one-line inits already.

:p
....?

Paul17041993

Mar 17, 2013
Australia
www.vectrobe.net
I don't know, probably just being way too realistic... but man I love that sound the bedrock breakers make, nojoke, its soft but effective and exactly what minecraft sounds should be.

mind you, 4 of them running at a fast rate will consume all of the available sound channels (30 I think the default is), going to have to see if I can get 127 channels working again, used to be that on my old X-Fi but it also seemed to cause openAL to crash...

Frobozz

Jul 29, 2019
Reika: You should add a magnetic dump-valve to the plasma pipe and some sort of cooler/condenser to safely empty out the magnetic containment pipe. I'd love to see a "safe shutdown" mechanism to completely shut down a tokamak without turning everything into lava. :)

Absolutely awesome work, on all your stuff though. Your mods alone have re-interested me in Minecraft! :D

Reactions: Ieldra

Ieldra

Popular Member
Apr 25, 2014
Reika: You should add a magnetic dump-valve to the plasma pipe and some sort of cooler/condenser to safely empty out the magnetic containment pipe. I'd love to see a "safe shutdown" mechanism to completely shut down a tokamak without turning everything into lava. :)
I second that suggestion. ;)

Absolutely awesome work, on all your stuff though.
Indeed so. I especially appreciate the design philosophy "Less grinding, more thinking about design". I'm finding this mix surprisingly addictive, even though I need a respite now and then from yet another instance of "How the hell do I do this?"

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019

Absolutely awesome work, on all your stuff though. Your mods alone have re-interested me in Minecraft! :D
Agree on this :D

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com

I second that suggestion. ;)

Indeed so. I especially appreciate the design philosophy "Less grinding, more thinking about design". I'm finding this mix surprisingly addictive, even though I need a respite now and then from yet another instance of "How the hell do I do this?"
Agree on this :D
It is an idea to which I am open but have no idea how to implement.

Also, this would definitely have to wait until 1.7.

madnewmy

Jul 29, 2019
It is an idea to which I am open but have no idea how to implement.

Also, this would definitely have to wait until 1.7.
Don't you have the pipe pump or something that pulls out all the liquid?
could you do this with plasma?