Thermal Expansion 3.0!!! No More Beta! Thanks KL!

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
The new table is able to hold three patterns... How on earth does that work ._.
I can't get my study riddled brain around crafting three things at once...

King Lemming

Jul 29, 2019
Notice the selection box around the top pattern? ;) Select the slot, then you can either load the recipe into the table (grid button), or save the current recipe to the schematic (check). The iconography on the buttons will possibly change.

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Notice the selection box around the top pattern? ;) Select the slot, then you can either load the recipe into the table (grid button), or save the current recipe to the schematic (check). The iconography on the buttons will possibly change.

Ah. It's not crafting three things simultaneously. Gotcha.

Nick Dellhall

Jul 29, 2019
Back to the topic at hand: I love that new table and its ability to be dismantled. Do want, along with everything else I've been seeing. =)

Let's stop derailing this thread.

The new table is awesome!... any chance of integrating a feature of clearing all of it's content with a redstone signal into an adjacent inventory / or attached sorting system?

PierceSG

Jul 29, 2019
I can't wait for it to be released, I just solved the issue with my own selection of mods and now it is just missing Thermal Expansion.

RedBoss

Jul 29, 2019
Perhaps, we tend to build our own packs for the server based off of stable released ones
Kinda been delayed because of Uni though. But.... last exam is tomorrow :3
Good luck with a fully stable mod set in 1.6. Everything is in perpetual flux. It's not really the packs, but the mods. These are interesting times for mods either way though.

And fun.

Maldroth

Jul 29, 2019

Another great addition would be the ability to slot a tool that is used in crafting recipes such as a hammer from the new IC2 or a Saw and it uses durability from the slotted tool without having to move it from spot to the crafting grid.

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
Wrong. Unless a mod tells me I am not allowed to state that i dislike a mod, I can do so. No one said all the gregtech whiners couldn't complain every single thread i read when i first came here, right? Someone could make a post that said "how do you make red dye". First response would be "gregtech is too haaaaard, waaaaaaah". Every time.

the real issue is that going against the crowd always brings out people like yourself that don't think logically and just think with their emotions. No one got upset when the majority here complained about gregtech AD NAUSEUM. (Ok actually some people said 'enough is enough'.) so I think my couple comments here stating I didnt like how he handled things are fine. You can disagree all you want, but don't try to tell me I can't state my opinion, that's just ridiculous.

tl;dr: If people can bash Greg every day (and they did this before any spat with Mdiyo), I can politely tell Lemming I think he is disingenuous, etc.

Perhaps you are right. Perhaps you do have the right to criticize. But thin you criticize my right to criticize your criticism. LOL
But I was using Hyperbole. "
Hyperbole (/haɪˈpɜrbəliː/ hy-PUR-bə-lee;[1] Greek: ὑπερβολή hyperbolē, "exaggeration") is the use of exaggeration as a rhetorical device or figure of speech. It may be used to evoke strong feelings or to create a strong impression, but is not meant to be taken literally.

What I should have said about your criticism is "WE DO NOT CARE!" If you want to criticize him do it in a PM. That way we do not have to read it.

And I don't get what you are saying about GT. No one cares how hard GT is. If GT wants to make a thousand step way of making red die it can. The issue is changing/removing the existing method. Gimping... no crippling other mods and vanilla. Not simply adding a new one.

What is illogical about wanting a sandbox game to play like a sandbox game. I love when people say not to act emotional when they are clearly ranting. :D

Darkone84

Jul 29, 2019
Lets get back on topic..

Maybe this as already been answered but with the TE3 RF will I be able to do any of the following converison? RF --> EU, RF --> MJ, RF --> UE or RF --> EU.

Reactions: RedBoss

MegaRaja54321

Jul 29, 2019
Hi I am new to this forum just wondering is there any eta like not the exact date but like a guess EX: one or two weeks just wondering maybe it will help other people :)

ShneekeyTheLost

Too Much Free Time
Dec 8, 2012
Lost as always
My biggest argument is just what your edit says: designing some tedium to the game can be fun, its fun to do some work to get to a goal, it makes that goal that much sweeter. Plus the definition of tedium is different for everyone. I'd wager most people who were interested in a gregtech fusion reactor found it fun the first go around, but 10 worlds later found it tedious. I mean, MFR is considered one of the more 'fun' mods without much tedium, but how many times can you set up a planter and harvester before it also becomes tedious?
Here is where I would like to disagree with a few things, as my opinions differ.

Do keep in mind that I said 'opinions', nothing is inherently 'better' or 'worse' on an absolute scale. Value and worth are, inherently, subjective terms. Each person will have a differing view, although some or even many may share similar views. This does not invalidate your views, however by sharing opposing views, we may all find parts of the other side's arguments which have worth and merit to further consider, and so bring us closer to a greater understanding.

I, personally, have a really big problem with using bland and boring tedium to try and extend the 'shelf life' of a mod. However, there are ways to extend a tech progression and make it interesting. Let's take some examples, and I'll show you what I'm talking about.

I'd really rather not get into Gtech, so let's look at IC2-EX for now, and some of the changes that were implemented which I feel fall under the category of 'bland and boring tedium'.

First off, the Hammer and the Snips to make plates and wire. Yes, this allowed them to remove the Refined Iron, however it forced them to add in plates for every metal, so you actually end up with more items in the mod than previously. However, the mechanic of the hammer and the snips, particularly with their low damage values, is pure silliness. Then you get a machine, which runs on quite a bit of EU, which can automate this for you. But you need to make the hammer and the snips before you can make this machine. Then you've got a random hammer and a random pair of snips lying around your inventory that you will never use again. All to get you exactly where you were before.

Now then, I will admit that this is certainly a different methodology, however it doesn't really bring much to the enjoyment of the mod itself. It doesn't really introduce anything new other than a couple of new recipes you need to cycle things through and a couple of new items that will gather dust in your inventory once you get that machine up and running. It doesn't slow the process much, or make things interesting. It feels punitive rather than exploratory, to me.

Now let's use a counter-example of Thaumcraft 4.

Getting started with TC4 is by no means easy, it takes a bit of exploring with your Thaumometer to get all the right aspects to start your research. Your research can be somewhat guided by what aspects you start researching with, but there's always a random factor when you have multiple research options available tied to that aspect. You need to make a wand to start drawing essence from nodes to really start crafting anything with TC4.

However, unlike IC2, you are introducing new concepts and new mechanics. The scanning with the Thaumometer, for example, is a completely new and unique mechanic. The first wand you make will eventually become semi-obsolete, but it will ALWAYS have a use, if only in your Arcane Workbench grinding out smaller orders.

TC4 is just as difficult to progress in, probably harder in fact than even Gtech is. However, it does so in a far more entertaining manner, and draws you into the mechanics of the mod rather than making me go 'oh jeez, you mean I've now got to cycle them through another combine with a tool that breaks and needs to be replaced every time I look at it funny?'.

Thermal Expansion didn't really make things any 'easier', it required a good bit of infrastructure to get things like Tesseracts going, and the resource investment was not trivial. But what it -did- do that I appreciated was a massive reduction in computer and system resources required, and it did a lot to combat lag.

Does this make any sense to you?

Netherus

Jul 29, 2019
Yeah my htc one x broke and got this one to replace it next time ill insure it xD

Verstuurd van mijn ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 4010X met Tapatalk

un worry

Jul 29, 2019
Given that TE3 is just around the corner, does this mean that FTB 1.6.4 is ready-set ... or should we allow a few weeks more for the FTB modpack to be assembled and tested?

Adonis0

Jul 29, 2019
Given that TE3 is just around the corner, does this mean that FTB 1.6.4 is ready-set ... or should we allow a few weeks more for the FTB modpack to be assembled and tested?

Ooohh~
this is an interesting prospect

Was TE3 the only mod being waited on?