Greg's done it again.

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Thats because you get banned if you do not agree with greg, hmm does that remind you of any one?

As much as you'd like to believe that, no. It's not even Greg's forum and he doesn't have the power to ban.

In fact, one of the people who does have the power to ban, RichardG, doesn't particularly like Greg.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
I honestly doubt that.

I see your point, but posting a thread to every change of Gregtech and cry about this, when you just use that time to disable the most of the changes, wont´t help anyone. The other possibility is to disable the whole mod. It won´t be the first mod I get rid of because of changes I disliked. So if he will continue adding such changes, he will end up alone playing his mod with the "only yay-sayers" and with them who know how to disable "nerfs".

I confess that I cannot keep pace with all the config changes given that they really require you to read that detestably unctuous forum thread. I maintain a modpack with over 70 distinct mods, and Gregtech stands out as one of the top three timesinks we face (especially lately). The competition is the work we are doing testing and balancing entire power systems.

Call this pebcac if you want. To me, GregTech jumped the complexity shark a long time ago.

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
That is precisely the reason to voice our opinions about it, one of two things will happen, either Greg will continue down the path of "My way or the highway." or Greg will be reasonable and see that a good number of people are dissatisfied with the current direction and attempt to find a happy medium where it makes it more challenging to get the really cool late game toys but doesn't make it stupidly difficult to get basic iron gear. Either way we said our peace and the ball is in Greg's court.

You fail to see that to be totaly honest I really doubt Greg reads these forums let alone sreach them for posts about his mod. While some other modders out there do come around here and even respond to threads Greg is not really that sort of guy. If you really wanted to be heard taking it to him would be more effective. Most devs have a forum or github which you can do so at.

Bellaabzug21

Jul 29, 2019
You fail to see that to be totaly honest I really doubt Greg reads these forums let alone sreach them for posts about his mod. While some other modders out there do come around here and even respond to threads Greg is not really that sort of guy. If you really wanted to be heard taking it to him would be more effective. Most devs have a forum or github which you can do so at.

Greg isn't really a fan of... constructive criticism in case you didn't notice.[DOUBLEPOST=1373837955][/DOUBLEPOST]
We know you're getting at Flowerchild. It's no mystery.

While it is true that I really don't like flowerchild. I really was asking him who it reminded him of.

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I've noticed. But you see complaing and getting all rage face on a forum he has zero chance of seeing is about as effective as pissing into the wind.
I'll disagree with you on this one,

the individual mods and their forums don't have as much power as they used to and the destinies of individual mods are made on community portals, such as ftb.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
Oh I've noticed. But you see complaing and getting all rage face on a forum he has zero chance of seeing is about as effective as pissing into the wind.

I suspect attempting to bring my concerns directly to his attention would be equally effective, all things considered. From what I've seen of Greg and his more diehard fans I fully expect the response to doing so would be "Stop whining and GTFO!" Regardless of whether or not he reads what we say here I'm sure he'll be made aware that a fair number of people find this recent nonsense with the basic vanilla tools to be thoroughly ridiculous.

Grydian2

Jul 29, 2019
GB
meettomy.site
I kind of feel this is a two way street. On the one hand people use gregtech and get frustrated maybe should just give up on the mod. On the other hand people who feel the need to tell others what to do maybe shouldnt read the posts? If it bothers you people complain about precious gregtech then dont read it? It seems like maybe people could listen to their own advice and let others who are trying to work out solutions to issues greg throws in our faces. Maybe its just hearing how someone else felt about it that makes you get over it? Its a process and people are different. Let us bitch about the most annoying coder in mc... seriously he is so annoying..

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
flowerchild was the person was referencing, OK I stand corrected on the banning from forums bit I spend so little time there & only see oh your awesome greg we love everything you do type posts, I took it as a gimmie some one was clearing the lets call them unflattering comments, for that I can but apologize.

KirinDave

Jul 29, 2019
What's important to note when comparing FC to Greg: BTW is ambitious, has a real release history, and he tends to finish most of the features he starts. Greg still can't bring himself to admit what he really wants is a total conversion mod. Until he does, GT will always feel awkward.

Daemonblue

Jul 29, 2019
Napoleon was not actually short that is sort of a myth. He was actually 5'7" which was about avarage at the time. The reason he was seen as short came about part by issue with unit of megure at the time between french and british units and partly becuase well if your going to slader a leader of another country sematics and translation errors are sort of the go to.

Also most of his guardsmen were around 6' tall, so comparatively in the images that were done with him next to his guardsman he looked short. It's kinda like me when standing next to the rest of the men in my family, I'm around 5'10" yet my dad is 6'2", uncle 6'3", and brother 6'4", so everyone calls me short -_-

Reactions: egor66

Saice

Jul 29, 2019
What's important to note when comparing FC to Greg: BTW is ambitious, has a real release history, and he tends to finish most of the features he starts. Greg still can't bring himself to admit what he really wants is a total conversion mod. Until he does, GT will always feel awkward.

This is in my mind the core issue.

GT could be great if it was it own whole mod and not a hack together mod bolted onto the back of other mods.

Building off other mods is not the issue. The issue is the scope he wants to do is better suited as total conversion.

And yes... boy needs to finish what he starts more often.

egor66

Jul 29, 2019
Also most of his guardsmen were around 6' tall, so comparatively in the images that were done with him next to his guardsman he looked short. It's kinda like me when standing next to the rest of the men in my family, I'm around 5'10" yet my dad is 6'2", uncle 6'3", and brother 6'4", so everyone calls me short -_-
Same here I am 5,10 as well but all my kids tower over me, my wife is 5,6ish :), my youngest is just gone 16 & is just a tad taller than me, its a case of the food being more plentiful & diets being a little more balanced I would guess, than when I was a kid, I could be wrong (prolly am).

DoctorOr

Jul 29, 2019
Oh yes an other Gretech Thread. What is wrong with you? If you don´t like this mod just don´t play it?! If you like some parts of it, go to the config and disable the things you don´t like. If you are to stupid to do that, just don´t play the damn mod!!!

And because there are some of you that are not able to go to the config and disable something and i don´t want you to die foolish, here is the line to disable the new crafting for the iron tools:

.minecraft\config\GregTech\DynamicConfig

platesneededfortoolsmadeof {
B:Iron=false
}

Was that so hard? Hm i guess so, better making a new Gregtech Thread than try to do something on your on.

Oh and it works, i just tested it ;)

It doesn't un-nerf plank creation. (Use a handsaw or only get two planks)
It doesn't un-nerf base-IC2 changes like requiring a wrench and refined iron plates to make a machine block. It doesn't un-nerf requiring plates for RE-batteries, tin cells, etc.

It's sad, because people spent so much time bitching about GT nerfs they never realized the mod is primarily a resource multiplier. More than the obvious 3x(plus) from the grinder, but the extra output recipes and the additions of new metals as basically extra-outputs like aluminum and tungsten that substituted for more common recipes. GT makes what you dig out of the ground go further.

With 3.10, the mod has jumped the shark. It's season 7, time to toddle off to the fan-cons.

Dee_Twenty

Jul 29, 2019
It doesn't un-nerf base-IC2 changes like requiring a wrench and refined iron plates to make a machine block. It doesn't un-nerf requiring plates for RE-batteries, tin cells, etc.

It's sad, because people spent so much time bitching about GT nerfs they never realized the mod is primarily a resource multiplier. More than the obvious 3x(plus) from the grinder, but the extra output recipes and the additions of new metals as basically extra-outputs like aluminum and tungsten that substituted for more common recipes. GT makes what you dig out of the ground go further.

With 3.10, the mod has jumped the shark. It's season 7, time to toddle off to the fan-cons.

You know, that's what we really need, a mod to enable sharks! Sharkskin armour, shark tooth arrows, and jet skis with which to jump them!

Norren

Jul 29, 2019
The thing is, if you want hardmode without Gregtech, just get rid of thermal expansion and IC2. Seriously. Go build your steam furnace and rock crusher or your Factorization setup and see how easy THAT feels.

This actually sums up my issue with the idea of GT as hardmode, as none of those things are hard. I built a small scale Fz ore processing setup using nothing but branch mining by hand, and the only part that made me feel any frustration at all was the lead wire coils due to forgetting the slag furnace comes before the furnace heater- a user error that resulted in me missing out on quite a bit of lead from silver. In comparison, Gregtech requires you to build parts as parts of parts of machines as parts of machines. It's like a bad yo dawg joke gone horribly out of control. :eek:

I think very little of ore yield multiplication in general as there's very little in the base mechanics of minecraft that actually requires most ores. It's a solution to a problem the mods themselves have introduced due to excessive use of metals. MFR is great in this regard - it uses the vanilla minecraft concept of using metal where metal is logically required, but otherwise makes clever use of stone, glass, and renewable plant resources.

Then there's just the fact that the more mods force us to focus on resources... the less fun I have building things. It's like back when we were kids, there were the kids who just built with whatever was in the big tub of legos, and then there were the kids that spent their days building EXACTLY what was on the set box then begging their parents for some other lego set that was advertized in the book.

As a survivor of BTW, I also have to point out that BTW also deliberately chose to create a design space based on block interaction with the world, and strove for automation that had a distinctly pre-industrial, borderline flintstonian, atmosphere with a spice of eldrich magic that did not feel that out of touch with the vanilla minecraft experience... where IC2 w/ addons is sort of this jarring experience that results in you flying around from place to place setting up quarries without discovering the wonderful random caves and ravines that exist beneath your world. (My next mod pack, be it RR, something else, or something I hack together myself, will be one that has underground biomes in it, and my goal is to handmine as much as possible for this. very. reason.)

You know, that's what we really need, a mod to enable sharks! Sharkskin armour, shark tooth arrows, and jet skis with which to jump them!

Am I the only person who thought of the vMC TNT based player launchers that were big in the minecraft 1.3.5 era when reading this?

Alex Cubed

Jul 29, 2019
Could someone post all of these recipes changes he's made? I've heard there's new recipes for planks and the enchantment table. I don't really feel like infecting my computer with GT, he might start nerfing my other games! :eek:

Poppycocks

Jul 29, 2019

So it's not reversible?

I'm a mother-effin prophet.

The dog's gone rabbid ma! Go grab ma' shotgon...

Status
Not open for further replies.