Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
Ah, looks like the mills are too close. Try moving them a few blocks apart. I suspect it's a balance against just spamming Dragon Egg Mills. There may be a manual, but I'm really out of other ideas.

Yeah, think it's an anti-spam thing. Move the second one about 20 blocks away, still got the 25% hit.

oh well.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Playing beyond, using solar power from environmental tech. Are there blocks I can place over it? And it still work? Do c&b bits block the solar production?

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Can the Immersive Engineering Lightning Rod be used to protect areas from lightning strikes? I know that adding Steel Fences to the structure increases its likelihood of being hit, but does that result in a corresponding decrease of strikes nearby? I'd like to protect my Forestry trees from becoming pillars of fire.

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
Can the Immersive Engineering Lightning Rod be used to protect areas from lightning strikes? I know that adding Steel Fences to the structure increases its likelihood of being hit, but does that result in a corresponding decrease of strikes nearby? I'd like to protect my Forestry trees from becoming pillars of fire.

Not sure, but I've always just built a greenhouse structure around my trees to protect them.

KingTriaxx

Forum Addict
Jul 27, 2013
Michigan
Forestry has it's anti-rain device that I always setup with the rain tank. Tank detects rain, storm ends. But then again I've seen a whopping total of one thunderstorm in my time playing Minecraft. (Starting in 1.4.7)

I believe it's okay to glass over the EnvironmentalTech Solar Panel, but I'm not sure. All I can say is try it and see.

Reactions: Psychicash

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Speaking of lightning rods, has anyone had any issues with Calculator’s Conductor Mast? I’m getting lightning strikes by the looks of it, but no RF is being stored...

OniyaMCD

Mar 30, 2015
Not sure, but I've always just built a greenhouse structure around my trees to protect them.

This may become a thing. I don't want to stop the rain, as I have - interesting farming techniques that use it. Structures involving ridiculous amounts of glass, on the other hand... Wouldn't know anything about that. ;)

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016

The Immersive Engineering Lightning Rods only generate their own lightning and have no interaction with the regular lightning.

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
As an addendum to my previous post: if I have a bug with a mod in a FTB pack, and it’s been reported on the GitHub for that mod but not on here, should I report it or not?

Psychicash

Jul 29, 2019
I'm trying to find something I can remote push and pull. I tried sticky pistons with phantomface lol not what those are for.

Tried funky locomotion, client crashed. Server admin won't update.

Space too small for vanilla sicky piston setup with timers... advice?

I'm on beyond...

Cptqrk

Popular Member
Aug 24, 2013
I'm trying to find something I can remote push and pull. I tried sticky pistons with phantomface lol not what those are for.

Tried funky locomotion, client crashed. Server admin won't update.

Space too small for vanilla sicky piston setup with timers... advice?

I'm on beyond...

RFTools Wireless Redstone Transmitters. One set at your piston, one set somewhere else with a timer to pulse.

M

mike44njdevils

Anyone else having trouble with optifine (latest and preview)? Session crashes when I go in to change video settings :(

M

mike44njdevils

oops, I was going to post this in the "bug reporting", then realized it may not be a "bug".

DirePack 1.12.2, version 1.5 (beta).

Reactions: Closet Gamer

Drbretto

Popular Member
Mar 5, 2016
Anyone else having trouble with optifine (latest and preview)? Session crashes when I go in to change video settings :(

You gonna have to he way more specific. Optifine breaks lots of stuff. I never go without it, but it's invasive and many mods have issues with it. And that can totally change from one version or the next, too.

D

dsplzion

I have a Server running FTB Beyond and something odd happens every day. It seems as though it has been this way since we very first started playing on it. Anyway, every night at Midnight in this world, the time skips ahead to 6am. The sun comes up and all the mobs get burnt up. This has been happening all along and we have noticed it obviously but never paid much attention to it. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me why this is happening. I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. If I set the time to say 18000, it skips to 6AM. We get no night time. Anyone??

dsplzion

Everlasting2

Jun 28, 2015
I have a Server running FTB Beyond and something odd happens every day. It seems as though it has been this way since we very first started playing on it. Anyway, every night at Midnight in this world, the time skips ahead to 6am. The sun comes up and all the mobs get burnt up. This has been happening all along and we have noticed it obviously but never paid much attention to it. I was just wondering if anyone can tell me why this is happening. I can't seem to find anyone else with this issue. If I set the time to say 18000, it skips to 6AM. We get no night time. Anyone??

dsplzion
my guess is one of your players has a celestial manipulator wired up with redstone so when the some kind of trigger of time/light is meet it skips to morning

D

dsplzion

my guess is one of your players has a celestial manipulator wired up with redstone so when the some kind of trigger of time/light is meet it skips to morning

That would have been my guess too but no... I share this server with one other person and this has been happening since before we had any sort of draconic implements at all. Plus, when the draconic celestial manipulator moves time forward, it does it slow enough that you can see the sun and moon move. This issue makes the server time move directly to 6AM. Poof.

Thank you for your response, though. :)

dsplzion