Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
I'm fairly sure there isn't.

Separate question:
Is there any faster way to process Forestry honeycombs, apart from "more centrifuges"?
The Rotarycraft Centrifuge can also process Forestry Honeycombs, and it's overclockable like all other rotarycraft machines. I'm not aware of anything else that can process forestry combs other than the forestry Centrifuge.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
The interface has 2 rows of 9.
If you put a stack of the item you want to keep in the top row (it doesn't comsume, it just shows),....

Thanks, I know how they work, actually had them setup and removed them ...... (see below)

Not in AE2 natively without setting up a complex redstone circuit, ae2 setup with comparators and stuff to manage inventory levels .

Logistic Pipes IIRC has that capability but it's not something I'm well versed with.

Also in general depending what you actually want the chest full of 27 stacks to do there may be other options that will be better with AE2 (that said I don't know what you want the chest for).

Its the crossover point for my main AE network that also auto-crafts Thaumcraft Crystallised essence and my separate AE that feeds the crystallised essence into an Advanced Alchemical Furnace ---> Reservoir by my infusion altar. So there are actually 2 chests (27 in one and 22 in the other) to accommodate the 49 elements and to provide the faces to attach the 6 storage buses and the 2 import buses (which is why I am using wooded chests not a higher capacity version).

I can't AFAIK use interfaces with storage buses as that would join the 2 networks, the chests are the buffer. It seems such a normal thing to be able to do, I am surprised AE cant do it but it is not a problem.

Zelfana

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks, I know how they work, actually had them setup and removed them ...... (see below)

Its the crossover point for my main AE network that also auto-crafts Thaumcraft Crystallised essence and my separate AE that feeds the crystallised essence into an Advanced Alchemical Furnace ---> Reservoir by my infusion altar. So there are actually 2 chests (27 in one and 22 in the other) to accommodate the 49 elements and to provide the faces to attach the 6 storage buses and the 2 import buses (which is why I am using wooded chests not a higher capacity version).

I can't AFAIK use interfaces with storage buses as that would join the 2 networks, the chests are the buffer. It seems such a normal thing to be able to do, I am surprised AE cant do it but it is not a problem.
If you're just trying to keep the chests stocked use itemducts and put retrievers on the buffer chests' end configured to keep one stack of each essence. Translocators would also work and they're probably cheaper to use, diamond nugget on the buffer chest translocator will enable reserve mode.

Btw, AE isn't designed to hold stuff out of it so that's why it isn't really something it can do properly. The whole point is to store everything in the system.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
If you're just trying to keep the chests stocked use itemducts and put retrievers on the buffer chests' end configured to keep one stack of each essence. Translocators would also work and they're probably cheaper to use, diamond nugget on the buffer chest translocator will enable reserve mode.

Btw, AE isn't designed to hold stuff out of it so that's why it isn't really something it can do properly. The whole point is to store everything in the system.

Thanks, I'll take a look at that tomorrow

I just watch the latest Agarian skies 2 Direwolf & pahimar are using compact chests (something like that) connected to the AE and it does a few things that AE was not designed for - looks great

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019

......You could reverse storage/interface so that the Second AE system looks into the main one and continue from there.

If you're already automating the thing then it takes some weird mechanic to have it so that only the buffer chest will work and nothing else would.

I can't really understand the set up you use... sorry

Starfang42

Jul 29, 2019
A quick update on my question about unlocking the Thaumonomicon's Elderich tab, since I finally unlocked it.
1) The unlock event is a variant of the "Strange whispers reveal secrets to you" event. The only difference (other than unlocking the tab) is that you get a couple research points for each primal aspect, instead of the usual single point.

2) As mentioned, I was using Zombie Brains as my warp source, and those will occasionally give "sticky" warp. The unlock event happened very shortly after one of the times a zombie brain gave me sticky warp (like, I think it was the next "whispers" event that happened after it), which may suggest that there is a minimum amount of non-temporary warp needed. Or it could just be that my luck is weird. Either way, more testing is needed.

epidemia78

Jul 29, 2019
IDK what the name is either but I think it belongs to @VapourDrive

EDIT: Attained Drops?

Thats the one! I want the best looking crops I can find, and I like the 3d-ness of these. Also added "complex crops" for its tall corn crop, and of course growthcraft because its got the prettiest crops of all. Harvestcraft textures look good but everything, even the corn is one block tall. Plus it inundates my inventory with a metric ton of crap. Might consider adding agricraft as well but im more focused on aesthetics. Any mod recommendations are welcome.

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
Thats the one! I want the best looking crops I can find, and I like the 3d-ness of these. Also added "complex crops" for its tall corn crop, and of course growthcraft because its got the prettiest crops of all. Harvestcraft textures look good but everything, even the corn is one block tall. Plus it inundates my inventory with a metric ton of crap. Might consider adding agricraft as well but im more focused on aesthetics. Any mod recommendations are welcome.
The only additional thing I might recommend would be KawaiiCrops, if only for the fact that you can add your own customizable crops (textures as well).

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
......You could reverse storage/interface so that the Second AE system looks into the main one and continue from there.
If you're already automating the thing then it takes some weird mechanic to have it so that only the buffer chest will work and nothing else would.
I can't really understand the set up you use... sorry

upload_2015-7-7_14-13-21.png
OK I'll try to explain - The Advanced Alchemical Furnace (AAF) on the left auto-crafts crystallised essence - it is connected to my main AE and does it's job well.
The AAF on the right turns the crystallised essence back into liquid essence and pipes to my reservoir above this room near the altar.
I am able to go the the crafting terminal, I have another terminal beside the altar, and order essence.
Most recipes require less than 64 of any 1 essence so the setup works with no problem for them.

upload_2015-7-7_14-23-2.png
This is the way I have setup the "buffer" between networks - the chests hold a stack of each of the crystallised essence, they get them from my main AE via the 6 export buses and supply to the second AE via the storage buses on the bottom.
upload_2015-7-7_14-40-58.png
What they are supplying to is the crafting patterns in these Interfaces that I have tricked into sending the essence to the 2nd AAF via the item duct on top of the chest. When I order the essence I order "essence name I" eg Aer I, the interface gets an Aer to create an Aer I but it goes to the AAF and I need to cancel the crafting as there is not a return to the AE of Aer I

This works until a stack is ordered, when removed from a chest an empty space is replaced by any of the available crystals.

It would even solve the problem if there was a way to slow the removal by the storage buses of the crystals from the chests as my main AE would supply or even craft the crystals to top up as soon as the first one is removed. So there may be weird mechanics at work but it seems to be almost perfect!

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
This should be easy - Is there a card or some other way to tell an AE storage bus to not take the last of an item from an attached chest?
You can use the logistics pipes Provider pipe (or a chassis pipe with a provider module attached to it), and set it to send all but one of each type that is parsed through the pipe.

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
On a completely unrelated note, any Aussies here? I've been looking for a server host to rent out for a FTB world for me and my friends. We all live in NSW (so Sydney or Newcastle would be our best locations), but I don't know which Sydney servers are dodgy and which are good as I do not have any experience in managing a server. Cheers!

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
You can use the logistics pipes Provider pipe (or a chassis pipe with a provider module attached to it), and set it to send all but one of each type that is parsed through the pipe.
Don't think I can ... logistics pipe was my first option ... but what I need is not in dw20 pack

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
On a completely unrelated note, any Aussies here? I've been looking for a server host to rent out for a FTB world for me and my friends. We all live in NSW (so Sydney or Newcastle would be our best locations), but I don't know which Sydney servers are dodgy and which are good as I do not have any experience in managing a server. Cheers!
It may surprise you but yes ... aussie aussie aussie .... and between the 2. But i have only ever hosted my own server .. a while back.
My advice would be to find what servers are available and read all the reviews.

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Do EnderIO capacitor banks need to be chunk loaded?
If you want something/anything to be processed while your character is not around, then you will need to chunkload it.

The game works by processing things in your rendering distance(a square around your player). Everything else is either non-existent(have not been created yet) or stored on the hard drive. Chunk Loaders works by faking the players presence in the given area allowing things to be processed while you move away from the area.

neraka27

Jul 29, 2019
If you want something/anything to be processed while your character is not around, then you will need to chunkload it.

The game works by processing things in your rendering distance(a square around your player). Everything else is either non-existent(have not been created yet) or stored on the hard drive. Chunk Loaders works by faking the players presence in the given area allowing things to be processed while you move away from the area.
Last night I made a 3x3 Big Reactor and added a capacitor bank. I loaded it with fuel and fully charged the capacitor bank and logged off. This morning the capacitor bank wss empty, and no machinery was running to drain the power. Its like it just disappeared...

rhn

Too Much Free Time
Nov 11, 2013
Last night I made a 3x3 Big Reactor and added a capacitor bank. I loaded it with fuel and fully charged the capacitor bank and logged off. This morning the capacitor bank wss empty, and no machinery was running to drain the power. Its like it just disappeared...
Singleplayer or multiplayer?
Did you build the Capacitor Bank across chunk boarders? (maybe there is a bug with it being half loaded /shrug).
Are you absolutely sure you did not hook anything up to it? Anything that slowly drains it?