Ask a simple question, get a simple answer

• Please make sure you are posting in the correct place. Server ads go here and modpack bugs go here

neraka27

Jul 29, 2019
Singleplayer or multiplayer?
Did you build the Capacitor Bank across chunk boarders? (maybe there is a bug with it being half loaded /shrug).
Are you absolutely sure you did not hook anything up to it? Anything that slowly drains it?
Multiplayer. I will check the chunk borders. I had some low level machines (SAG mill, MFR farm), but nothing was running.The power disappeared while I was logged off and I don't have a chunk loader, so the machines could not have been running anyways.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
On the Logsitics Pipes Request Table there is a slot above the "Sort:" slot, which sends the items back into the network. What is it for?

Eruantien

Jul 29, 2019
I've been getting this crash lately, and I don't know what could be causing it.
[17:32:39] [Client thread/ERROR] [FML/]: Caught exception from bluepower
java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.minecraft.item.ItemStack.func_77960_j(Unknown Source) ~[add.class:?]
at com.bluepowermod.util.ItemStackUtils.isItemFuzzyEqual(ItemStackUtils.java:41) ~[ItemStackUtils.class:?]
at com.bluepowermod.recipe.AlloyFurnaceRegistry.generateRecyclingRecipes(AlloyFurnaceRegistry.java:242) ~[AlloyFurnaceRegistry.class:?]
at com.bluepowermod.BluePower.postInit(BluePower.java:123) ~[BluePower.class:?]
Link to full log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/11838392/
This happens when starting my instance; the crash happens even without most of the "content" mods installed, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. I don't have anything in the Blue Power config file under the alloy furnace's blacklist array... what's the matter here?

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
View attachment 20806
OK I'll try to explain - The Advanced Alchemical Furnace (AAF) on the left auto-crafts crystallised essence - it is connected to my main AE and does it's job well.
The AAF on the right turns the crystallised essence back into liquid essence and pipes to my reservoir above this room near the altar.
I am able to go the the crafting terminal, I have another terminal beside the altar, and order essence.
Most recipes require less than 64 of any 1 essence so the setup works with no problem for them.

View attachment 20807
This is the way I have setup the "buffer" between networks - the chests hold a stack of each of the crystallised essence, they get them from my main AE via the 6 export buses and supply to the second AE via the storage buses on the bottom.
View attachment 20808
What they are supplying to is the crafting patterns in these Interfaces that I have tricked into sending the essence to the 2nd AAF via the item duct on top of the chest. When I order the essence I order "essence name I" eg Aer I, the interface gets an Aer to create an Aer I but it goes to the AAF and I need to cancel the crafting as there is not a return to the AE of Aer I

This works until a stack is ordered, when removed from a chest an empty space is replaced by any of the available crystals.

It would even solve the problem if there was a way to slow the removal by the storage buses of the crystals from the chests as my main AE would supply or even craft the crystals to top up as soon as the first one is removed. So there may be weird mechanics at work but it seems to be almost perfect!
It may take a while but one way to handle that is to configure a storage Bus/interface and create a secondary AE2 subnet system with a high priority in storing crystalised essence on your drives which is done through fiddling with the Storage bus (IE filter out and set the priority on the storage bus).

In essence as explained to me, you're currently storing a stack of each crystalised essence into a secondary storage and then taking the storage from there into the liquid essense setup thing. So if I'm wrong this is the reason

At any rate with this setup you take your drives (or your storage bus) and specify that it has a higher priority and that only crystalised essence is allowed to be store in the subnet.

From there you can hook ME interface to a chest and say that Hey! put crystalised essence of this type into the box when I want to make this essence.

The reason why you may want to do this is that a subnet cannot look into the the main net's system while the opposite is not true. So let's say that your main system cooks up 30 Aer essence. It is imported into the main system and goes into the storage bus into your subnet due to configuring the storage bust to do so. Then if you're on the mainnet you can always take out the C.essence as teh storage bus allows for two way transfer even while the stuff is kept on the subnet

And as such if you create a crafting computer on the subnet, last I checked that crafting computer won't interfere with your main one, the crafting is kept seperate from the main net (so you can have two AE2 crystalised patterns and only one will pop up), and you can pop a Crafting terminal on an extension of the subnet into your Infusion area so you can instantly specify that you want this crafted with the Crystalised essence.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
It may take a while but one way to handle that is to configure a storage Bus/interface and create a secondary AE2 subnet system with a high priority in storing crystalised essence on your drives ..............

Thanks for taking the time - I don't want to use computercraft, I will just stay with what I have and be careful on the rare occasion that 64 are needed it works fine apart from that

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
Thanks for taking the time - I don't want to use computercraft, I will just stay with what I have and be careful on the rare occasion that 64 are needed it works fine apart from that
???

I meant computer as in the crafting Computer set up (molecular assembly/interface/co-processor,crafting storage)

Essentially you can use AE2 for everything and replace your current setup with something a bit more reliable

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
Multiplayer. I will check the chunk borders. I had some low level machines (SAG mill, MFR farm), but nothing was running.The power disappeared while I was logged off and I don't have a chunk loader, so the machines could not have been running anyways.
Is your setup near another player's base/setup? If so, someone might have have a chunkloader keeping that chunk loaded (best ask your servermates using your coordinates).

Zaes

Jul 29, 2019
I've been getting this crash lately, and I don't know what could be causing it.

Link to full log: http://paste.ubuntu.com/11838392/
This happens when starting my instance; the crash happens even without most of the "content" mods installed, so I'm not sure what the issue could be. I don't have anything in the Blue Power config file under the alloy furnace's blacklist array... what's the matter here?
Best thing to do is to search the bug report page for the modpack you are using (I am assuming you are not using a custom or private modpack here) for a smiliar answer. If nothing shows, use the link at the top of the page to create a bug report. Google the code snippet within "" tags and see if anyone else has that problem too.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
Is it possible to change heights/position of the Thaumcraft's Sanity Checker HUD and/or Blood Magic's Soul Network HUD? How?

Thanks

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
???

I meant computer as in the crafting Computer set up (molecular assembly/interface/co-processor,crafting storage)

Essentially you can use AE2 for everything and replace your current setup with something a bit more reliable

You can't craft essentia in molecular assembly/interface/co-processor,crafting storage. Anyhow I just watch a DW20 Forgecraft video where he did livingwood and livingrock using a sub network and annihilation/formation plains - there are similarities to what I am doing but I have 49 items not 2 and I am using an advanced alchemical furnace not the planes. His setup requires Interfaces per item plus another interface, I would need 74 or 75 to achieve a similar build that would solve the issue I am having. I think I keep what I have

Last edited:

Hambeau

Over-Achiever
Jul 24, 2013
You can't craft essentia in molecular assembly/interface/co-processor,crafting storage. Anyhow I just watch a DW20 Forgecraft video where he did livingwood and livingrock using a sub network and annihilation/formation plains - there are similarities to what I am doing but I have 49 items not 2 and I am using an advanced alchemical furnace not the planes. His setup requires Interfaces per item plus another interface, I would need 74 or 75 to achieve a similar build that would solve the issue I am having. I think I keep what I have

This episode of DW20's "Let's Play" series from last week may work... He uses the advanced furnace and pipes the essentia to a bank of crystalizers which then store the crystals in his AE2 setup until needed.

The pertinent section starts about 10 minutes in.

PhilHibbs

Forum Addict
Trusted User
Jan 15, 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
What just blew up my Well of Suffering?

It's a basic Cursed Earth spawn room, fans blowing mobs into a corner where they fall into a hole onto the Well of Suffering. I could probably remove the fans, as the well has a large area, but they are there from when I was manually killing creatures with the knife. I am guessing some mob aggroed another, and in the ensuing melee a creeper blew up. Any idea what I can do to stop this? Is there anything that suppresses creeper explosions? I was nowhere near it at the time, so it can't have been a creeper seeing at me, and I don't have any golems.

Pack: FTB Infinity minus Witchery.

rouge_bare

Oct 4, 2014
What just blew up my Well of Suffering?

It's a basic Cursed Earth spawn room, fans blowing mobs into a corner where they fall into a hole onto the Well of Suffering. I could probably remove the fans, as the well has a large area, but they are there from when I was manually killing creatures with the knife. I am guessing some mob aggroed another, and in the ensuing melee a creeper blew up. Any idea what I can do to stop this? Is there anything that suppresses creeper explosions? I was nowhere near it at the time, so it can't have been a creeper seeing at me, and I don't have any golems.

Pack: FTB Infinity minus Witchery.
Two things i can think of, and they both relate to EnderZoo.

Firstly a wither witch can agroo undead (in this case skeletons) with their healing splash potions. The skelly attempts to shoot the wither witch, but accidently hits a creeper for explosive results.

Or enderminies do attack creepers if configed to, and if they don't kill the creeper in time... more explosive results.

EDIT: On the latter you can disable that behavior, an all mobs from the mod are disablable via config. The Tiger's Something (forget it's name) from botaina stops creepers exploding near itself for a cost in mana too if that's helpful.

Evillevi

Jul 29, 2019
???

You could???

Essentially you can specify that , when crafting X item (can be anything you want) put crystalised essentia of so and so into the Dropper. That's how AE2 crafting works in regards to non crafting table crafting

That... only requires 5 Interface, 6 different coprocessor and crafting storage (to allow for multiple crafting at once) units and a crafting terminal for your setup.

You still need to cancel the crafting since it won't receive X item (whatever you specify) but it will do what you want

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
???

You could???
Essentially you can specify that , when crafting X item (can be anything you want) put crystalised essentia of so and so into the Dropper. That's how AE2 crafting works in regards to non crafting table crafting
That... only requires 5 Interface, 6 different coprocessor and crafting storage (to allow for multiple crafting at once) units and a crafting terminal for your setup.
You still need to cancel the crafting since it won't receive X item (whatever you specify) but it will do what you want

This seems to becoming a circular discussion, possibly my fault - I already have a system for crafting crystallised essentia that is similar to what you suggest - there is a picture in an earlier post. What I have been attempting is basically a way to order essence to a reservoir to make infusion crafting easier - and I have that working to a point. I am not trying to fully automate infusion crafting, most infusion crafting is mot something that you repeat the same recipe many times and you still have to wand it. After seeing DW20 latest forgecraft build I am confident my current setup is as good as I can get it.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
I ws actually building a Botania starting area when the explosion happened, so I'll look forward to that then.
Can't remember the pack your on but if you have the Dolly and Cursed Earth - The next time I do it I will use the blue dolly to move 4 spawners into the room and make the floor 1/2 slabs except the blocks below the spawners which will be cursed earth. Cursed earth allows a vanilla spawner to work without a player nearby. My thinking is Spider for string, Blaze for blade rods, and 2 or 3 others.

Of course you can ward the blocks but you need to get that far into thaumcraft to do that - unless the pack has RFTools, I think DW20's spotlight showed that has a warding system.

Ocker

Jul 29, 2019
This episode of DW20's "Let's Play" series from last week may work... He uses the advanced furnace and pipes the essentia to a bank of crystalizers which then store the crystals in his AE2 setup until needed.

The pertinent section starts about 10 minutes in.
This I have working - I have crystallised essence working fine - my system autocrafts crystallised essentia and stores it in the AE already. This is the next step doing away with jars and being able to request essence for infusion crafting and I think I have as good as I am going to get (there are images on an earlier post) with the available options. I could have done this simply in 1.6.4 but it is a bit awkward in 1.7.10.

Ashendale

Jul 29, 2019
I was swapping around texture packs to check them out and, eventually, when I used Jadedcat's Mixpack my glass textures all turned black and purple. I restarded the game, and even switched texture pack and no luck. Glass now is black and purple. How can I fix this?

I'm playing Infinity 1.7.0 on Curse client.

Edit: solved. It was, for some reason, the connected texture options. It worked fine with some texture packs, but once I got to Jadedcat's it ruined it and all others.

Last edited: