[1.7.10] Mechanical Haven [Tech] [300+ Mods]

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
I seem to be having an issue with Tinker's Construct. It crashes whenever I enter the smeltery's gui. I should probably mention that I'm also using Iguana Tweaks because I like the leveling system but I doubt that would cause any errors.

http://pastebin.com/iKpSTkTx

EDIT: I tried removing Iguana Tweaks but it didn't help so that's not the problem. It's something to do with TiCon itself.

First of all this is a rendering issue.
After checking the error log, I noticed that TC fluid registry's are broken.
This is a forge problem after version 1351/1352, due to the reason that forge changed how fluid registry's work, one option is that I could fix this issue, is by downgrading forge, however I will have to downgrade a lot of mods as well.
Another option is wait for a Tinkers Construct to update.

I'm pretty sure some TC updates would be coming soon to fix this issue.

May I ask what ore was in the smeltry?

Thank you for informing me about this bug, it really helps improving the modpack!

CarbonHydra

Jul 29, 2019
First of all this is a rendering issue.
After checking the error log, I noticed that TC fluid registry's are broken.
This is a forge problem after version 1351/1352, due to the reason that forge changed how fluid registry's work, one option is that I could fix this issue, is by downgrading forge, however I will have to downgrade a lot of mods as well.
Another option is wait for a Tinkers Construct to update.

I'm pretty sure some TC updates would be coming soon to fix this issue.

May I ask what ore was in the smeltry?

Thank you for informing me about this bug, it really helps improving the modpack!

There was copper ore and aluminium ore in the smeltery at the time. I manually updated TiCon and it's addons to their newest versions (TiCon = 1.8.5, TiCToolTips = 1.2.4, IguanaTweaks = 2.1.5) for now and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'm going to play with my manually updated version until you update the whole pack. It is quite fun :D.

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
There was copper ore and aluminium ore in the smeltery at the time. I manually updated TiCon and it's addons to their newest versions (TiCon = 1.8.5, TiCToolTips = 1.2.4, IguanaTweaks = 2.1.5) for now and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'm going to play with my manually updated version until you update the whole pack. It is quite fun :D.

I think I am going to add iguana tweaks into the next update of the modpack, it's balancing features will improve the gameplay.

CarbonHydra

Jul 29, 2019
I think I am going to add iguana tweaks into the next update of the modpack, it's balancing features will improve the gameplay.

That sounds like a good idea. Another mod you should add is NotEnoughResources. It's an addon for NEI that tells you the Y-levels at which ores spawn and how likely an item will be dropped by a mob.

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
That sounds like a good idea. Another mod you should add is NotEnoughResources. It's an addon for NEI that tells you the Y-levels at which ores spawn and how likely an item will be dropped by a mob.

Hmm sure, suggestions for mods are encouraged!
I'm debating by myself whether NotEnoughResources should be added as it makes the game too easy?

CarbonHydra

Jul 29, 2019
Hmm sure, suggestions for mods are encouraged!
I'm debating by myself whether NotEnoughResources should be added as it makes the game too easy?

It's not really making the game any easier. It's just saying "if you want to find [INSERT ORE HERE], you should mine at around this level" or, "if you want to get [INSERT MOB DROP HERE], you have to kill about this many [INSERT MOB HERE]".

CarbonHydra

Jul 29, 2019
Another thing that you should do is change the ore spawning configs. I currently have 3 different types of tin ore in my ores chest and that really shouldn't happen. I could help you with the configs though if you want.

CarbonHydra

Jul 29, 2019
I got another FluidStack error but this time it's with GrowthCraft. I shall try updating the mod to see if it fixes it.

http://pastebin.com/mCHzLpdS

EDIT: Mod was already on latest version. Can't use mod until it updates.

Last edited:

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
It's not really making the game any easier. It's just saying "if you want to find [INSERT ORE HERE], you should mine at around this level" or, "if you want to get [INSERT MOB DROP HERE], you have to kill about this many [INSERT MOB HERE]".
I want the players to explore and anticipate not make it to easy that they easily know where to find everything...

Another thing that you should do is change the ore spawning configs. I currently have 3 different types of tin ore in my ores chest and that really shouldn't happen. I could help you with the configs though if you want.

V

The issue is that there are mods with the same ores! They have there own tin/copper etc. with their own recipes, (as well as where the ore can be located etc.), some of the mods are compatible with each other so either of those ingots would work, however some do not work, I feel like I should leave that aspect alone. Maybe you can remove those duplicate ores, but then we need to write Minetweaker scripts which allow the recipes work with other materials.

I got another FluidStack error but this time it's with GrowthCraft. I shall try updating the mod to see if it fixes it.

http://pastebin.com/mCHzLpdS

EDIT: Mod was already on latest version. Can't use mod until it updates.

Working on it... :)

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
Hello Everybody, Sorry For My Long Inactivity But Finally The 1.6 Update Has Been Released! This Is Actually The Biggest Update For This Modpack! You Can Check The Changelog And Mod List Above! (First Page)

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
Woah We Hit A Little Milestone... 1000 Minutes Played In Total! Congrats! :) Thanks For All The Support!

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
Just informing you guys, that the 1.7 update (coming soon) will require you to make a brand new world! Or minecraft may crash (for most worlds), you may be able to MCEDIT all your stuff into the new world, but that may not work. Thank you for all the support!

Gamebuster

Jun 8, 2014
This modpack suffers from a severe memory leak in it's current version. It goes PAST the max allocated memory for java until it reaches the maximum amount your system will allocate (I only allocated 3.5 gigs, it used around 8 gigs). This is NOT good, and can cause system instability and crash your computer if system processes are unable to use any memory.

Here is what I am talking about:
(open image in new tab if you cannot read it.)

9MkZJ32.png

This modpack would not require a beefy computer if it did not suffer from SEVERE memory leaks caused by two unnecessary mods. Removing the mods "MemoryCleaner" and "MinecraftLoader" reduces the loading time by 75%, and completely eliminates the memory leak.

Attachments

• Memory Leak2.png
    Memory Leak2.png
    573.8 KB · Views: 69
Reactions: Spydog

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
This modpack suffers from a severe memory leak in it's current version. It goes PAST the max allocated memory for java until it reaches the maximum amount your system will allocate (I only allocated 3.5 gigs, it used around 8 gigs). This is NOT good, and can cause system instability and crash your computer if system processes are unable to use any memory.

Here is what I am talking about:
(open image in new tab if you cannot read it.)

9MkZJ32.png

This modpack would not require a beefy computer if it did not suffer from SEVERE memory leaks caused by two unnecessary mods. Removing the mods "MemoryCleaner" and "MinecraftLoader" reduces the loading time by 75%, and completely eliminates the memory leak.

Funny that you said that... I actually already removed Minecraftloader as I had already noticed that, (plus forge has already got as much more better and stable integrated loading screen) for the upcoming 1.7 update... However I'm not sure "memory cleaner" actually leaks memory... It's meant to use the Java garbage collector and clear up all variables in game... That's more of a life saver, as this is a heavily modded client, there are loads of useless variables which take up your memory...

But thank you very much for all your help! These graphs are solid evidence! :)

Edit - Did a little testing, minecraft loader and memory cleaner don't exactly like each other, in other words they are slightly incompatible... Minecraft loader does have a memory leak, memory cleaner tries to fix the issue, it fails and makes a larger memory leak. Having memory cleaner on its own causes no issues.

Edit (Again) - Memory Cleaner shall be removed, I did a little research, and I can tell you guys... The information wasn't great...

Last edited:

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
Would anyone be kind enough to produce some GFX/Artwork for this modpack? (Logo, FTB Splash Screen etc.)
PM me your Skype or something so we could talk in further detail. ;)

Spydog

Jul 29, 2019
Mechanical haven
> no gregtech
:')

I don't know about adding this mod... Maybe in the future but for now... Nope ain't gonna be added.
Gregtech 6 is VERY WIP and most of the mod is not functional... It has incompatibilities with the other mods anyways...

Last edited: