Really stupid things that people have said about Modded MC(Off topicness makes moderators tired)

Is this a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 66 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • if people don't get out of control

Votes: 68 18.8%
  • POTATOES

Votes: 210 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

RotaryCraft Dev
FTB Mod Dev
Sep 3, 2013
Toronto, Canada
sites.google.com
We just got this:
blJob4l.png

duckfan77

Popular Member
Mar 18, 2013
Yeah, I saw that picture before the issue in github, after looking at that it is more obvious

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
It's what we've been saying this whole time :p

You could make any system dynamic...you could even design MC in MC with redstone :p

They can do a ton of things, look at all the awesome vmaps and minigames
I try to give you an inch, and you just go "Yeah I told you so"

The people that have done that have done a horrid job.

Does "vmap" mean vanilla map? Because if so, those are just maps. Maps with mods are modded maps.

I can easily wire a few pistons on any house I make to close a door / open a pit of death. That doesn't make it a mod, that makes it a system I created in game using mechanics at hand. Nothing had to be added, meaning it does not qualify to be a mod.

I said AND command blocks AND other things.
Also, I said it would count, to me, as a vmod if it fit the description I said and there was a way to apply it to any house.

https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues/16
Oh joy. Doctored logs, unwillingness to update, and lying. Fun.
Wat
Wat even
Wat even guys
WAT EVEN GUYS

If you're just looking for your standard "Either doesn't know English and is using Google Translate (hopefully this one) or didn't pay attention when learning basic grammar", look no farther than this link!
________ ////\\\\\
| o___---- | o o |
/_/ \ - /

i found a sky fanboi who said 1/10 not enough "budder" and started a flame war about it
________ ////\\\\\ _______
| o___---- | o o | ----___o|
/_/ \ - / \_\
Also I'd reeeeeeeally like a link to that post.

This is one of my favorite from Reika's git hub so far.
Seriously? That was an actual thing here? "Oh yeah, I'm selling pieces of someone else's code to get myself money. That's illegal for both Mojang and Reika, and Reika did a decent job keeping me from doing it. The way he did this makes my game look weird, can someone help fix?"

We just got this:
blJob4l.png
Why... would someone EVEN... EVEN!?!?!?!?

EDIT: There was supposed to be some ASCII art there... apparently FTB forums and multiple spacebars don't mix...

Reactions: 1SDAN

Strikingwolf

Jul 29, 2019
I try to give you an inch, and you just go "Yeah I told you so"

The people that have done that have done a horrid job.

Does "vmap" mean vanilla map? Because if so, those are just maps. Maps with mods are modded maps.
Notice the ":p" It was intended to be joking and friendly

Someone Else 37

Forum Addict
Feb 10, 2013
EDIT: There was supposed to be some ASCII art there... apparently FTB forums and multiple spacebars don't mix...
Protip: Use the code tags when you care about whitespace.
Code:
  ________  ////\\\\\
| o___----  | o   o |
/_/             \   -   /

________  ////\\\\\  _______
| o___----  | o   o |  ----___o|
/_/             \   -   /            \_\

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
I said AND command blocks AND other things.
Also, I said it would count, to me, as a vmod if it fit the description I said and there was a way to apply it to any house.

Okay, I'm going to ignore the fact that "Vanilla Mod" is an oxymoron and respond here.

No. I can make anything apply to any structure in game with a bit of engineering. It isn't hard, and does not, in any way, make it a mod. It's doing things in game with the tools and resources that are provided by the base game. Doesn't matter if I use a command block or not, it is using the tools given to me by the base game. Not a mod, the base game.

gold49

Jul 29, 2019
Well, someone hates the version checker...
DiI68O7.png

At this rate your bug tracker will merit it's own thread here, and my trust in humanity will atleast half with every post.:p

Also, "la la la la la la"? Is your version checker playing sound or something (I know it isn't :p)?

Reactions: 1SDAN

SadGhoster87

Jul 29, 2019
https://github.com/ReikaKalseki/Reika_Mods_Issues/issues/6
So this one's great.

ORIGINAL POST: "Hey I look up this recipe and crash, can someone help me?"

RESPONDER: "Sure, can you give us info?"

OP: "No! The mods are all v6f so it's their fault" [COMMENT: What? That makes 0% sense]

R: "That's not true at all. Older versions of other mods can break too. Please give us more info."

OP: "Why are you acting so defensive? It's suspicious. I'm not getting it fixed immediately so you are bad support, bye" [How is that suspicious?]

R: "We're not being defensive, and we're trying to fix your game. We just need more info so we can figure it out. It's probably a version mismatch."

OP: "No the problem is crappy code :)" [Now I want to punch this person.]

R: "You can go look at the code if you want. If you find a problem, tell us."

OP: "I'm not doing someone else's job." [It's someone else's job to... find... bugs?]

R: "Four people so far have responded. How is that bad service?"

And there was never another answer.

Reactions: 1SDAN and gold49
Status
Not open for further replies.