Your Pack Type?

HalestormXV

Jul 29, 2019
What kind of packs do you like? Main Stream? Non-mainstream? What do you look for in a pack? In your experience?

lenscas

Over-Achiever
Jul 31, 2013
I enjoy my own "throw mods together and see what happens" packs.

I enjoy tech and some mods I always include are cc with a lot of addons buildcraft, forestry and railcraft.

HalestormXV

Jul 29, 2019
I have to say I like Tech too. But I think I "Teched Myself Out" lol. So recently I find myself playing with Magic a lot more.

RavynousHunter

Jul 29, 2019
I'm much like Ienscas, I tend to prefer custom-tailored packs. What I mostly look for, nowadays, are Reika's mods as well as things that don't get much exposure. Problem is, a lot of good mods get overlooked simply because they don't have someone like Dire doing videos with 'em, which blows, because there's a lot of good stuff out there that ends up getting ignored. Something that kills a pack for me, however, is GregTech. No, not because I'm a rabid Gregphobic or anything, his stuff just...isn't really my cup of tea, anymore. GT's turned into less of a "huge expansion for IC2" and more of a total conversion. Not necessarily a bad thing, just not my thing.

Azzanine

Jul 29, 2019
Packs with options but thoughtfully put together. Not quite kitchen sink packs but with mods that cover all the bases.
Also sort of by choice I don't gravitate to mainstream packs mainly because I am now predominantly SSP in custom packs. I am giving the Curse launcher a try for maintaining a custom instance. I am impressed by it's update features and how simple it is to find mods in Curses compendium. But I am less impressed by how finniky it is to update Forge. Also how you can't find certain mods not hosted by curse for various reasons.
Also Curse voice it harder to get out of bed then a teenage guy with a boner at 5 am... I had to press retry like 10 times once.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

dragon_fang101

Jul 29, 2019
I like magic but find it very complicated. tech is cool but im bad at it. I like farming mods,
for packs, mostly quest packs.

Dylz101

Jul 29, 2019
Any pack that will keep me playing it for more than a few days XD Surprisingly there aren't many packs that can do this for me. Banished an Regrowth were one of the few packs I finished.

Vert3xx

Jul 29, 2019
It's always been tech and magic thrown together for me. Especially when there are mods to make them compatible to eachother. For example thaumcraft combined with AE2 with the mod that lets you store essentia in drives. I love that.