Open Yellow Stains all over blocks

C

CF Worthy

Summary of the problem Yellow Stains all over blocks

Pack Version 3.0.6

What is the bug? Unsure of bug, but there are yellow stains appearing all over the ground in my base. At first I thought it was lightning strikes, and it was a neat feature, but logging in today I found these stains all over the place. This is a single player map, and I know they weren't there when I logged off. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Mod & Version Unsure of mechanic causing this.

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Has happened on the rare occasion since starting my world. More noticeable on stone, and I'm using chiseled stone in my base.

Known Fix I will update if I find one.

<Update> It seems that a block update will suffice to clear the stain, though I'm still not sure what is causing this.

Last edited:

GamerwithnoGame

Over-Achiever
Jan 29, 2015
Summary of the problem Yellow Stains all over blocks

Pack Version 3.0.6

What is the bug? Unsure of bug, but there are yellow stains appearing all over the ground in my base. At first I thought it was lightning strikes, and it was a neat feature, but logging in today I found these stains all over the place. This is a single player map, and I know they weren't there when I logged off. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Mod & Version Unsure of mechanic causing this.

Link to log file

Is it repeatable? Has happened on the rare occasion since starting my world. More noticeable on stone, and I'm using chiseled stone in my base.

Known Fix I will update if I find one.

<Update> It seems that a block update will suffice to clear the stain, though I'm still not sure what is causing this.
Now, an image would help here, but just a quick thought: I think I've seen a light level mod showing the light level not as a number or a red/yellow X, but as a yellowish circle on the top face of the block - is this what you're seeing?

C

CF Worthy

A good suggestion, wish I had thought of taking a screenshot. Logging in tonight I could not find an example to show you. I'll be sure to send a pic once this happens again.

To describe it, it's kind of a fading yellow triangle in the center of the blocks. Nothing to do with the mob spawning red/yellow X that I use frequently, nor is it a circle.

Thank you for the suggestions though!

Reactions: GamerwithnoGame
C

CF Worthy

So I finally caught another example of this occurrence, only this time it's PURPLE!

Anyone know how to upload screenshots in here?

C

CF Worthy

The image icon above. 14th icon in editor bar on new post/edit.
Thank you for the reply, but this icon is asking for a URL... is there a website I need to post the screenshot on?

NVM... Found It!
2017-04-04_01.08.14.png

J

JustynW22

When you move, does it move too? Like, if you move to the side, does it seem to follow your vision? If so, It could have to do with your height level. I know that things like that can happen like if you are in a cloud or something of that sort

J

JustynW22

If not, I'm not really sure, because I have never personally had this problem.

C

CF Worthy

nope... this stays stationary until a light/block update gets rid of it. It usually fades from the middle, but in this example it's coming from the bottom middle of the block.

I think my height level is around 74... actually you can see the Y value in the screenshot above at 56.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

thekazador

Jul 29, 2019
i thing this problems is cause of optifine or texture pack, if you have any or both remove and test.

C

CF Worthy

I have removed optifine as suggested... but until I find another of these stains I won't know for sure if this worked. Still, I appreciate the suggestion!