Won't launch any Modpack

• Tech Support section is for getting help with FTB related problems. If there's a repeatable issue that can be labeled as a bug, then please use the issue tracker for the pack or the app at GitHub issue trackers - If there's no repository for a pack that means that the pack is old and/or will not be updated. Bugs for older packs will not be fixed, unless they are critical.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caprizze

Jul 29, 2019
Title:
Won't launch any Modpack
Launcher Version:
Modpack:
Lite3 / Ifinity
Modpack Version:
doesnt matter
Log Link:
Details of the issue:
When i want to start any modpack the console says:

[10:47:15] [ERROR] unknown location->Main$8.uncaughtException:401: Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
[10:47:17] [ERROR] unknown location->Main$8.uncaughtException:401: Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
[10:47:17] [ERROR] unknown location->Main$8.uncaughtException:401: Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
[10:47:18] [ERROR] unknown location->Main$8.uncaughtException:401: Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
[10:47:20] [ERROR] unknown location->Main$8.uncaughtException:401: Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException
[10:47:20] [ERROR] unknown location->Main$8.uncaughtException:401: Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

swestrup

Jul 29, 2019
I am having the exact same problem. So have other folks. Is it an issue with downloading the pack lists from the server?

Kerrisimo

Jul 29, 2019
Having the same issue. This is the launcher console report each time launch is pressed. Unhandled exception in Thread[AWT-EventQueue-0,6,main]: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Xygen8

Jul 29, 2019
Same here. It also happens when you select the "Maps & Textures" tab in the launcher.

Sketchy Pyjamas

Jul 29, 2019
Same here. Sometimes restarting the launcher will fix it. Just now, I had to restart the launcher 4 times to get it to work.

furiousgeorge

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using windows:

Go to the location where your FTB_Launcher.exe is located.

Right click on the file, select properties.

At the bottom of the window, above the OK, Cancel, Apply buttons, there is a section that should contain 2 buttons on the right hand side. One of those will say, "Unblock". Click that button, then click 'OK' and try again.

Reactions: malicious_bloke

malicious_bloke

Over-Achiever
Jul 28, 2013
If you're using windows:

At the bottom of the window, above the OK, Cancel, Apply buttons, there is a section that should contain 2 buttons on the right hand side. One of those will say, "Unblock". Click that button, then click 'OK' and try again.

I just got a new machine and a fresh install of the FTB launcher and the latest version of Java. I was getting this error in the console when trying to launch packs.

The above fixed it <3

Xygen8

Jul 29, 2019
If you're using windows:

There is no "Unblock" button. It has checkboxes for "Read Only" and "Hidden". What I did was check both of those boxes, hit apply, then uncheck them and hit apply again, and set the file to run as administrator. It's working now. However, I don't know which one of these two steps fixed the problem, or if you need to do both.

Last edited:

Padfoote

Brick Thrower
Forum Moderator
Dec 11, 2013
If you are having a similar problem please create your own thread; many of these solutions are based on specific configurations and will not work for all. OP, if you need this reopened, PM me.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.