Windows 8 bug?

Gwage34

Jul 29, 2019
Hello everybody,
I got a windows 8 gaming pc for Christmas, and when I try to run FTB, everything works fine as far as I can tell by looking at the code thing, but when the modpack is done loading, no minecraft window pops up. Any suggestions? Maybe I am not waiting long enough? Thanks.

Edit: Tried some new modpacks, it gets abut 1/3 of the wat there, then says "Cannot Download Modpack" . Hopefully this helps, as I have never had windows 8 before.

Last edited:

lavarthan

Jul 29, 2019
Go into the %AppData% folder and delete the ftblauncher folder. Then follow this recommended setup guide. Note the 'Other USEFUL Information:' part first paragraph about the antivirus programs. If your antivirus program is listed or even if it is not try temporarily disabling it if you are still getting 'Cannot Download Modpack' If that does not fix the problem then please post a console log to pastebin.com To do this wait until you get the 'Cannot Download Modpack' error and then press the 'Paste my log to pastebin.com' button on the console. This will add a link at the bottom of the console to where your log was saved. Provide us the link so we can see your log. For more information about logs and pastebin.com look here.

H3X3N

Jul 29, 2019
If that does not work, Make sure to run FTB in Administration mode, And try changing your server download location to Nuttingham, And if that does not work, Try the other servers, Remember to close your FTB and reopen it each time you change your server download location.