[Windows 7] Mindcrack Memory Leak/Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catmandu

Jul 29, 2019
So I recently downloaded FTB and began playing Mindcrack on a friend's server. I can play for about 5-6 minutes before I get extreme lag that makes it impossible to play. The game does not crash; it just has unbearable lag. This does not happen in Vanilla Minecraft. Does anyone else have a similar problem? Is there any fix for this?

Jof16s

Jul 29, 2019
Could it be your internet connection? I had similar problem with vanilla when I played on a server because my connection would go to hell after the first few minutes of play.

Catmandu

Jul 29, 2019
I'm going to go ahead and say that it most likely is, I started a singeplayer game and I've experienced no lag yet. How would I be able to fix this?

Jof16s

Jul 29, 2019
I have no clue. Sorry.

I had to quite server play because my home internet is crappy and my uni internet won't let me play on a server period.

Catmandu

Jul 29, 2019
Damn. Haha. Yeah, I've actually got pretty good internet. Hopefully some other people will see this and can help out. Thank you though.

Jof16s

Jul 29, 2019
That's good, but it could still be a problem. I have a 15/3 connection at home but it goes bye-bye when I try to do something that require constant downloading/uploading of information. It's the ISP's fault, but I can't afford to switch atm.

Catmandu

Jul 29, 2019
The only time I have issues with internet is when another user in the house is downloading something. Other than that, my internet is fine.

UK_Miner

Jul 29, 2019
If its your ISP then there isn't much you can do other than switch or ask them to remove the download limit, a lot of ISPs have a downlaod limit hidden deep in the fine print. Hell my speed gets halfed when I go over 10gb, and with internet gaming thats pretty much daily. Try pinging the server, go into command prompt and type:

ping server IP

You may be dropping packets a long the way. Hope this helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.