Will this budget gaming PC run FTB?

jackman65

Jul 29, 2019
I am building a computer with parts from memoryexpress.ca, and I am mainly going to play minecraft and feed the beast (Minecraft with 150+ mods). And I was wondering if this build would be sufficient for these games, especially feed the beast. Its also a budget build and my budget is $800. I need opinions on what to upgrade or change in my build.... Thanks!

Case: Zalman T1 Micro-ATX Case, Black

Memory: G.SKILL RipjawsX Series 8GB PC3-12800 Dual Channel DDR3 Kit (2 x 4GB)

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 w/ Dual DDR3 2133, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, USB 3.0, CrossFireX

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Processor 3.5GHz w/ 14MB Cache

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort

PSU: ThermalTake TR2 600W Power Supply

HDD: WD 500GB Caviar Blue 7200rpm SATA III w/ 16MB Cache

SSD: Corsair Force Series LS SATA III Solid State Drive, 120GB

Again, will this be able to run mostly FTB and Minecraft?

Thanks

LeoMC

Jul 29, 2019
Don't want to start the discussion again, but a) get an Intel if possible. They are faster. b) get Ubuntu as an OS if possible. It is also faster.

Imnafoy

Jul 29, 2019
Actually I'm playing FTB on my old asus f3jp laptop. Intel core2duo 1.83GHz, 2gb ddr2 ram, mobility radeon x1700 graphics, OS Linux. So you should not have any problem with your setup :D

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
you should be more concerned about the 260x bottle-necking your 6300 OR the stupidly loud cpu fan AMD provides.i can heard it while wearing over-ear headphones....

talking from experience here,i have the exact same mobo/gpu/cpu setup.

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
Don't want to start the discussion again, but a) get an Intel if possible. They are faster. b) get Ubuntu as an OS if possible. It is also faster.
That was not his question at all. He asked will this work with FTB. Not what would you recommend.
I am building a computer with parts from memoryexpress.ca, and I am mainly going to play minecraft and feed the beast (Minecraft with 150+ mods). And I was wondering if this build would be sufficient for these games, especially feed the beast. Its also a budget build and my budget is $800. I need opinions on what to upgrade or change in my build.... Thanks!

Case: Zalman T1 Micro-ATX Case, Black

Memory: G.SKILL RipjawsX Series 8GB PC3-12800 Dual Channel DDR3 Kit (2 x 4GB)

Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0 w/ Dual DDR3 2133, 7.1 Audio, Gigabit Lan, USB 3.0, CrossFireX

CPU: AMD FX-6300 Processor 3.5GHz w/ 14MB Cache

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB PCI-E w/ Dual DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort

PSU: ThermalTake TR2 600W Power Supply

HDD: WD 500GB Caviar Blue 7200rpm SATA III w/ 16MB Cache

SSD: Corsair Force Series LS SATA III Solid State Drive, 120GB

Again, will this be able to run mostly FTB and Minecraft?

Thanks
That system will be able to run FTB and even games like Battlefield 4 at Ultra. Noting to worry about!

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
That system will be able to run FTB and even games like Battlefield 4 at Ultra. Noting to worry about!

thats a bit of an exaggeration there......i have a 260x OC as well and cant run stuff like hawken on ultra 1080.i would say med to high is the bet for something like bf4.

amunao

Jul 29, 2019
thats a bit of an exaggeration there......i have a 260x OC as well and cant run stuff like hawken on ultra 1080.i would say med to high is the bet for something like bf4.
It depends on your CPU Talsek. I have the same Graphics card it runs fine on Battlefield 4 on Ultra!

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
It depends on your CPU Talsek. I have the same Graphics card it runs fine on Battlefield 4 on Ultra!
im using the same cpu/gpu/mobo as OP here.thats why i mentioned it.
i even did a bit of oc with the stock cooler(to 3.8ghz) and it made little difference.

what resolution are u running it at?

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
pOUQMQL.jpg

i will provide pics ;)

i have the receipt from the mobo/cpu but not the gpu.i can however give pics of the actual card.

ill get the gpu pic later,i have piano to get to right now~

edit:guys,how do u upload on this website..guess igmur will have to do..

Last edited:

Talsek

Jul 29, 2019
See that button next to Post Reply labeled Upload a File? That's the one you need to hit I think.
i get an error message when i try.....or the file just doesnt show..

am i not getting something here?its what i did the first time around..

NJM1564

Jul 29, 2019
I should give you this fare warning. While I know little about system specs and the like I can tell you that even absolute monster machines can have trouble with FTB. It depends on how you play the packs and what else you might be doing. If you say are streaming or have a thousand tabs open this will effect performance. And if you make absolutely huge systems like a dozzen quarrys, a few hundred furnases, and route everything through pipes. That can also lag you out. But most of us will never need or want to make such monster systems.
And if you ask around there are techniques to minimize such lag. Thinks like having all your auto farms and processioning in another demention so the visual parts of mods won't effect your FPS. Or even building such big systems in a Mystcraft Void world. There are others ways I'm sure and it will also depend on which pack you play.
There is also a thread somewhere around here that talks about additional settings that will improve performance no matter what kind of computer you have. I'd look that up if I were you.